Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:07:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple wallet getting ripped on Coinpayments.net  (Read 7483 times)
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:22:38 PM

I don't think its a problem with Ripple.
It's a problem on Coinpayments.net.

Yes, the problem is with the coin payments not with the XRP. But now the issue has been resolved may be in the coin payments.
We don't know how to secure our wallets with these hackers, even though we provide a lot of security how they are finding the passwords?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 12:23:39 PM

where is the OFFICIAL topic? more noobs shit storys i fear..

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
bRedE4me

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:57:28 PM

I'd like to know why 21 million XRP are being held in CoinPayment wallets?  One would assume a weekly or even daily withdrawal to a secure wallet would be in order. CP is not an exchange so there isn't a great need to use them for storage and you don't get any wallet keys. 

I'm glad that CP is doing what it can to get through this though.
HumanBrain

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:46:05 PM

Can anyone explain how they recover stolen coins? I didn't really understand that part from there email  Huh
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 09:05:28 PM

Can anyone explain how they recover stolen coins? I didn't really understand that part from there email  Huh
My understanding is that they contacted the people who they were erroneously sent to and convinced them to return them. I believe they bought some XRP to make up the difference so that they could return XRP to customers while their recovery efforts were still ongoing.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
amitkumar7

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:48:54 AM

Some questions to ask coinpayments:

1) Are the specific funds missing their funds or their customer funds? Who owned the funds that were stolen?

2) Are they accepting or conceding their liability for the missing amounts? Their emails are ambiguous.

3) In what units are they tracking the missing funds? Are they planning to return the amount of XRP missing or the equivalent USD value?

4) If they are not liable, what is their theory for why they are not liable?

5) If they are liable, what is their theory for why they can impose this loss entirely on one class of their customers? What is their legal theory justifying them imposing their choice of which customers suffer from the loss and which don't?

6) Are they going to disclose what happened in sufficient detail to allow affected customers to evaluate the these questions themselves? If not, do they agree that this virtually forces affected customers to either trust them on no basis at all or sue them?

Hello JoelKatz,

Your questions appear inflammatory and do nothing to help us work through this issue with our clients. Understand that people are worried about their funds and we have made it very clear that we are taking responsibility for the safe return of the users stolen XRP.

Due to the delicate nature of the issue along with legal implications, we cannot provide further information in the detail you have requested. However, we are currently working with Miguel at Ripple OTC if you need to learn more.

Please await a formal update from CoinPayments which will follow shortly.

Sincerely,
CoinPayments Inc.

Isnt your wire transfer with Ripple cleared yet ??
To all the people,
Coinpayments had sent an official email to me ( probably to all the users whose xrp stolen) telling the details of incident and that how they are going to reimburse users early next week when their wire transfer gets cleared. As I am writing this, Wednesday is already over, and I am checking my wallet since monday morning hoping that something will appear but only got dissapointment.

Maybe coinpayments genuinely wants to return money and working on it but what is the point of making such official promises when you are unable to deliver them. Till the last email I had faith in coinpayments and would have used them in future also but after so much waiting and having to check my account every half hour I feel cheated and disrespected by coinpayments. Even when my money gets returned, I wont use or recommend your services.
Johnm2017

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:22:33 PM

I just got a transfer from coinpayments.net

Hello Xxxx,

You have received a transfer of 1681.91933945 XRP from CoinPayments Support.

To view your current coin balances click https://www.coinpayments.net/acct-balances

Thank you,
CoinPayments.net
Support is available at: https://www.coinpayments.net/help-support

I dont know why they sent this exact value still. I had 2994 XRP in my wallet before they vanished.

It seems they kept their word... im waiting for the other transfer with the remaining balance now Smiley

Johnm2017

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:02:07 PM

And another e-mail from coinpayments.net

Dear users of CoinPayments,

I wanted to give you a midweek update and personally tell you about the progress we have made regarding the recent Ripple incident. As pioneers in new frontiers solutions don't always come without challenges. Although contact has been made with many of the suspects, the funds have not been returned as hoped. This has made it very clear that most of the withdrawals were not done accidentally, but with malicious intent. We are now moving forward with prosecution of the perpetrators to the full extent of the law. This will set a precedent in this territory and deter future financial crimes in the space.

All the reimbursements to this date have come straight from the pockets of the CoinPayments team. Over the past week we have been able to acquire 55% of all of the XRP coins that were stolen through an enduring process with Ripple’s OTC desk. The funds have been distributed evenly amongst all accounts that were affected by this tragic loss. Moving forward, 50% of all CoinPayments’ revenue will be dedicated to acquiring XRP coins and reimbursing our users until we can put this incident behind us.

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your patience and support during this challenging time. Our aim is to not only make things right with you, our valued clients, but to also demonstrate that there is integrity and trust amongst our community. We hope you will take this opportunity to continue supporting CoinPayments as it grows, develops, and adapts, and cryptocurrencies pave the way to the future of finance.

Sincerely, your team at CoinPayments Inc
BitsofTwits

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 10:21:31 PM

To all our valued users,

After a long and arduous 6 months, our team at CoinPayments is proud to announce completion of the reimbursement for all stolen Ripple (XRP) coins from the unfortunate incident of June 5th, 2017. We have remained dedicated to our initial statement and compensated all users in full for their losses in XRP balance. We have completed a complex back-end rebuild including multiple new safety measures and protocols to ensure this issue never occurs again. CoinPayments is committed to setting precedence and prosecuting individuals to full extent of the law for abusing our services. We continue to work diligently with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police along with international authorities in France, the Netherlands, Russia and other cooperating countries to complete the long and tedious prosecution of all perpetrators who didn’t return the stolen funds. We will update the community once arrests are made and prosecution is completed.

We are excited to move forward with integrity and transparency and greatly appreciate all of your patience and support throughout this process.

Happy holidays!

Sincerely,
Your team at CoinPayments Inc. Smiley Smiley Wink
un4given.1991

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

hi
my friend transferred 165 ripple to my account  yesterday . today when i tried to enter my account my password seemed to be changed so i restarted it . when i got into my account i saw all my coins have been transferred to an anonymous account. please help me my life is ruined. what can i do?
un4given.1991

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:56:50 AM

hi
my friend transferred 165 ripple to my account  yesterday . today when i tried to enter my account my password seemed to be changed so i restarted it . when i got into my account i saw all my coins have been transferred to an anonymous account. please help me my life is ruined. what can i do?

Guys  Plz  help me   Sad  what can i do Huh?? anyone?
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:38:40 AM

hi

you've probably got hacked. is your friend knows your wallets password?  because if he did then maybe he is just the real suspect behind this. or maybe you just visited a clone/phised site of coinpayments.net without notcing the correct url addres but you can still try to contact their costumer support for immediate help and see if they can still recover your lost coins although it is not really possible because cryptos dont have a cashback support unlike to paypal or any other payment methods.
pluglesstech

Activity: 80

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:23:52 PM

hi

I am interested to buy 2000 XRP

anyone here for sell?
uarebitcoinsbox

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:24:38 PM

hi

I am interested to buy 2000 XRP

anyone here for sell?

reply to my msg kindly
un4given.1991

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:21:59 PM

hi

you've probably got hacked. is your friend knows your wallets password?  because if he did then maybe he is just the real suspect behind this. or maybe you just visited a clone/phised site of coinpayments.net without notcing the correct url addres but you can still try to contact their costumer support for immediate help and see if they can still recover your lost coins although it is not really possible because cryptos dont have a cashback support unlike to paypal or any other payment methods.

thanks for the answer

no he didn't know the password. its really sad when u get in Crypto Investing and lose all your money in less that 14 hours . website support is joke! all my coins automatically sent to another wallet. without my permission  , when I check in transactions its shows that xrp send by you to another address. its really dangerous and it has Worse support ever It's a fraud!
what u guys recommend for xrp and tron coins?
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:07:06 AM

I just looked up un4given.1991's support ticket, his email had been hacked and the hacker accessed his account that way to send the funds (they were sent to ShapeShift.) HTTP logs showed the hacker doing a password reset then logging in with Email 2FA and doing email confirmation of the withdrawals.

We do highly recommend enabling Google Auth/TOTP on all accounts so there isn't a single point of failure on your account.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: