Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:52:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex - Level 2 Verification - Finally!  (Read 1770 times)
itooam (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:39:00 AM

Just wanted to say that yesterday I had my level 2 verification verified - woo hoo Smiley  I had been waiting around 1.5 months and had a support ticked in place for a month (#149XXX to give you an idea as to how far back was created).  The reason I write is because the last couple of weeks I was getting more and more worried that Poloniex was going the way of mt Gox, with all the FUD posts etc.  I saw streams of "please verify my level 2" on the troll box in recent weeks, and then when the trollbox was removed I became even more anxious.  Posts of "scam" etc in various threads didn't help either in reducing my fears!  So..  Just wanted to write to reassure those of you who are in a similar position and fearing the worst that they *are* actually verifying accounts; ignore the FUD!

I had been withdrawing the $2k limit each day, but this would have taken a long long time to complete, especially with the increases in coin values we have seen.  The fees per transaction on a daily basis (instead of one big withdrawal) add up very quickly.  I must applaud Polo because I see they have reduced (halved) their Ethereum transaction fees in the last 2 days, this I anticipate is in response to many others having to do the $2k trick each day (I assume other coins txn fees were reduced too?)!  So it appears Polo really are doing their best.  I hope they quickly get through the back log and get back to being the best!

Just wanted to alleviate concerns.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:40:46 AM

Sorry, you have to wait around 1.5 months before your account got verified? How can that happened? I also have a poloniex account but only verified on level 1, i thought we only need to completed all information which needed to verified on level 2 and it will ready just in sec.
Congrats for you anyway
itooam (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:47:10 AM

Took ages, though they say in their public statements that they've had a flood of new users etc.  Not sure if there was something holding them up with my verification, but from what I had read on the trollbox, it seems that the support tickets may not actually be resolved in chronological order (as one may expect)?  So hopefully not many people will be waiting as long as I had too?  I'm not completely out of the water yet thought, as it will still take a few days to withdraw everything but now confident it will all go through fine.

I suspect it is not just new users who have caused the backlog, rather, existing customers who have seen their portfolios quadruple+ in the last month - enough to mean level 2 is more of a requirement.
bkava

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:11:49 PM

I'm glad you finally got your level 2 verification.  If I were you I would use it to get all of my funds out of Poloniex as fast as possible.

These level 2 verification requests are PURE PROFIT for Poloniex since if Poloniex is legit this means more trading volume.

If they are like most startups I know they would just do 1 minute quick checks to satisfy the nominal requirements and then click "accept". 
If they didn't have enough people they'd hire people off the street for $10/hr to click "accept".  Money, money, money.
So Occam's razor says the feet-dragging on verifications is to avoid withdrawals.

Sorry. Nothing else makes sense.

If anyone has an argument against this line of reasoning please post it. Why aren't Polo just hiring a bunch of unskilled teenagers on contract wages to click "accept". How hard is it?
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:00:32 AM

1.5 months for level 2 verification?  I am waiting for my level 3 to be approved.
itooam (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:51:56 AM

(sorry for the following essay  Shocked )

Taken from https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.06.07-Improving-Our-Support-Capacity/

IMPROVING OUR SUPPORT CAPACITY

Poloniex Community,

Last month, we described the unprecedented growth and excitement in the [Suspicious link removed]munity and how this exuberance can present operational challenges for exchanges. As this trend continues, we are doubling down on our efforts to expand and improve your experience on the Poloniex platform. We also want to remind our community to take caution when exchanging tokens in highly volatile markets and understand that unexpected events can have significant market effects. Please use the platform to trade responsibly and within your means.

Support Team
Increased enthusiasm for trading blockchain tokens on the Poloniex platform has led to increased stress on our systems. Heightened activity and new users mean more support tickets and man-hours spent resolving them. Thus, to meet this demand, we have more than doubled the size of our support team and will continue to focus our efforts toward improving user experience.

Hiring quality support staff is neither easy nor quick, especially in our line of business. Training must cover the technical and regulatory complexity of a rapidly evolving industry and community. We must also ensure the security of our system and operations at every level. This requires thorough and proper vetting of new staff.

Onboarding and Account Verifications
We mentioned new users, but we did not mention what is involved in onboarding or tier verification. As a registered money services business in the United States, we must be able to verify the identity of our users, the source of their funds, and the purpose of their transactions as they occur on our platform. If users want to move up a tier, they must provide more identifying information. This is required of us by law and we take our compliance obligations very seriously. As we scale our team, we are building a culture of compliance for our organization. To comply with our legal obligations, our current onboarding and verification process often requires some manual input. This takes time and resources, creating a support bottleneck.

We are aware of the negative impact these delays can have on Poloniex users. To address this, we have begun automating more aspects of our onboarding and account verification systems. Our hope is that with enterprise-grade service providers we have carefully vetted and procured, this particular backlog should lessen considerably, helping platform users have a better experience while their private information remains protected in line with our Privacy Policy.

Withdrawals/Awaiting Approval
We are legally required to know the identity of our users and to maintain strict controls over how funds leave our platform. In addition, our auditing system flags for specific activity to ensure the safety of your funds. While we cannot reveal precisely what triggers such flags without compromising the integrity of the system, we want to highlight how our efforts to keep our platform safe and secure can degrade the user experiences at times. For example, when our system flags an activity as suspicious, the ensuing investigation and resolution usually requires human intervention, which takes some time. As we gain more users, they naturally trigger more flags that require more of these slow human interventions, so more human resources are required to handle the volume.

Automation here is tempting to rush, but difficult to get right. Large financial institutions have spent years fine-tuning these functions. Our rapid growth does not permit us that luxury, but we can learn lessons from their operational successes. As we improve our support more generally, we can address these tickets faster. Users should start noticing incremental advances in the coming weeks.

As we implement these changes, we encourage our users to be patient and not submit repeat tickets. The vast majority of our open tickets consist of duplicates. Submission of repeat tickets only increases our backlog and does not get your ticket reviewed faster. Manual effort must be expended to identify, match, and consolidate tickets to ensure the issue has been addressed. Repeat submission needlessly slows resolution not only of your ticket, but of all other outstanding tickets.

We are successful when Poloniex users have the best experience possible, so it is with that in mind that we renew our commitment to improving the user experience on our platform. Look for more updates and announcements as we continue this process.

- The Poloniex Team

From the above, the explanations seem to be reasonable.  It seems they have been caught out by the massive influx of new users and thus under capacity issues.  I suspect they put most of their current support into deposit/withdrawal issues, hence the 1.5 months I have had to wait?  The amount of money Poloniex must be making on a daily basis must be enormous so I don't see why they would jeopardize such a business?  The problem as we all know is that you should never hold your funds at an exchange if you are wanting to hold for the long term, as you are always at risk the threat of hackers pinching your funds. 

These level 2 verification requests are PURE PROFIT for Poloniex since if Poloniex is legit this means more trading volume.

If they are like most startups I know they would just do 1 minute quick checks to satisfy the nominal requirements and then click "accept". 
If they didn't have enough people they'd hire people off the street for $10/hr to click "accept".  Money, money, money.
So Occam's razor says the feet-dragging on verifications is to avoid withdrawals.
They have reduced withdrawal fees (for Ether at least - but still more expensive than using Ethereum chain directly) but having to do $2k transactions for X days does certainly gets expensive for the user.  Poloniex purposely slowing down lvl2/3 verifications to benefit from these extra withdrawal fees doesn't make sense to me, as they know this would lead to a backlash and resentment thus loss of customers which would probably be more damaging to their business than earning a quick buck in this way?

I agree, it should be cheap to hire people for verification, perhaps as I suggested above, the verfications are ending up at the back of the queue because they want their support working on deposit/withdrawal issues?  For such staff employment, I would expect a lot more training / trust /screening required.  They should have separate support teams if they don't already?

The problem that polo don't seem to understand is when you have been waiting so long for verification, you start to doubt their trustworthiness, and worry that those dollars on your screen account will "disappear".  This is the main reason for this thread, I have a fairly large balance and the fact they have finally verified my level 2 withdrawals suggests all is fine at poloniex towers (i.e, no hacks).  I am now 50% out, but will admit, my worry will only end once I am 100% out regardless of all my rational reasoning.

Ultimately, had I known 2 months ago that the waiting time for level 2 verification was going to take so long I would no way have deposited the amount of bitcoin there as I did!  Risk/Reward wouldn't have been worth it. 

cryptosifu, out of interest, what extra hoops do you have to jump through for level 3?
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:56:05 AM

Congrats! I understand your pain as it takes me 2 months for the verification as well. Hope poloniex can improve on the customer support area since the troll box moderators are assigned to support tickets.
anami57

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:16:46 AM

Congrats! I understand your pain as it takes me 2 months for the verification as well. Hope poloniex can improve on the customer support area since the troll box moderators are assigned to support tickets.

I still waiting over 2months for level 3. And my balance is 0.4btc left there. I now prefer to transact in other exchangers. makes me feel better.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:52:01 AM

1.5 months for level 2 verification?  I am waiting for my level 3 to be approved.

I still waiting over 2months for level 3. And my balance is 0.4btc left there. I now prefer to transact in other exchangers. makes me feel better.

How much you guys waited for the Level 2, and when did this happen?

I'm thinking too to get verified there in Level 2 but seems that it is taking months and this doesn't make sense.

I know that poloniex exchange has been increased too much and they are having lots of users but I doubt that lots of people are getting verified which causes the delay!
b1t

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

I'm thinking too to get verified there in Level 2 but seems that it is taking months and this doesn't make sense.

I know that poloniex exchange has been increased too much and they are having lots of users but I doubt that lots of people are getting verified which causes the delay!

I'm waiting for 3 weeks to verify from Legacy to Verified Status.

The most irritating thing is the message you got after the upload of your files.

"Most verifications are completed within a few minutes, but some can take up to a few days."

Sad Sad Sad
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:49:21 AM

I'm waiting for 3 weeks to verify from Legacy to Verified Status.

The most irritating thing is the message you got after the upload of your files.

"Most verifications are completed within a few minutes, but some can take up to a few days."

Sad Sad Sad

waiting 3 weeks.. do you still unverified?
I need verify my account from Lagacy too.
What files need upload?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:30:36 PM

Just wanted to say that yesterday I had my level 2 verification verified - woo hoo Smiley  I had been waiting around 1.5 months and had a support ticked in place for a month (#149XXX to give you an idea as to how far back was created).  The reason I write is because the last couple of weeks I was getting more and more worried that Poloniex was going the way of mt Gox, with all the FUD posts etc.  I saw streams of "please verify my level 2" on the troll box in recent weeks, and then when the trollbox was removed I became even more anxious.  Posts of "scam" etc in various threads didn't help either in reducing my fears!  So..  Just wanted to write to reassure those of you who are in a similar position and fearing the worst that they *are* actually verifying accounts; ignore the FUD!

I had been withdrawing the $2k limit each day, but this would have taken a long long time to complete, especially with the increases in coin values we have seen.  The fees per transaction on a daily basis (instead of one big withdrawal) add up very quickly.  I must applaud Polo because I see they have reduced (halved) their Ethereum transaction fees in the last 2 days, this I anticipate is in response to many others having to do the $2k trick each day (I assume other coins txn fees were reduced too?)!  So it appears Polo really are doing their best.  I hope they quickly get through the back log and get back to being the best!

Just wanted to alleviate concerns.
Thank you for your info. Could you still withdraw during verification process and what cam and device did you use for poloniex? Seems, that they really upgraded their ID procedure because for them 1.5 months are quick.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: