Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building my first mining rig.  (Read 415 times)
ibatcakes (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:59:48 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 10:29:39 AM by ibatcakes

Hello as the title says im kinda new in this sphere and i just wanted to make a mining rig. Im really interested in mining ETC, but im open to hear any other suggestions about other coins..

so my main question is how should i buy my rig? my budget is 5k-10k , the thing is that in my country i got pretty high elecricity costs and i dont even know if its worth mining, i know some of you may that "wtf he is worried about elecricity costs when he has 5-10k to put in a mining rig"  that money comes from my lucky crypto investments and i much rather invest it in something profitable then just waste it on shit that i dont really need.

Should i wait for new gpus that will come out this year or current ones are good? anyways maybe someone can give me some components on which i can look in to

thinking about building like 2 rigs with 3 or 4gpus each because it would be easier to do maintenance
navidbeta

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:35:04 PM

Hello as the title says im kinda new in this sphere and i just wanted to make a mining rig. Im really interested in mining ETC, but im open to hear any other suggestions about other coins..

so my main question is how should i buy my rig? my budget is 5k-10k , the thing is that in my country i got pretty high elecricity costs and i dont even know if its worth mining, i know some of you may that "wtf he is worried about elecricity costs when he has 5-10k to put in a mining rig"  that money comes from my lucky crypto investments and i much rather invest it in something profitable then just waste it on shit that i dont really need.

Should i wait for new gpus that will come out this year or current ones are good? anyways maybe someone can give me some components on which i can look in to

thinking about building like 2 rigs with 3 or 4gpus each because it would be easier to do maintenance

electricity cost is very important in calculating profit. this site might help you http://whattomine.com/
btw, why not continue investing? looks like you have learned some from it.
Nokia555

Activity: 392
Merit: 266

EthMonitoring.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 12:37:20 PM

Yeah i was even thinking about this service, like where people with high electric cost country can put theyr rigs on my warehouse and pay only electric + minimal fee for holding.

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:25:29 PM

You're not going to be able to build a mining rig right now. AMD GPUs are sold out worldwide. In the past 2 weeks I've called maybe 60 shops looking for cards in 5 different countries. I found 2 RX570s.

Cards are supposed to be back in stock in 2-4 weeks. However, with mining as profitable as it is now they will get sold out instantly. Many of the shops I called had queues for people pre-paying for video cards and lining up to get them.

I got a newegg notification that they had RX 570s in stock. I went to check it out, sure enough they had them in stock with a limit of 1 per customer. It'd take 2 weeks for me to get the card if I ordered from the US. I went to talk to someone to debate if I should buy it or not. I decided to buy it. I went back to newegg clicked 'add to cart' and the cards were already sold out.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:50:41 PM

You're not going to be able to build a mining rig right now. AMD GPUs are sold out worldwide. In the past 2 weeks I've called maybe 60 shops looking for cards in 5 different countries. I found 2 RX570s.

Cards are supposed to be back in stock in 2-4 weeks. However, with mining as profitable as it is now they will get sold out instantly. Many of the shops I called had queues for people pre-paying for video cards and lining up to get them.

I got a newegg notification that they had RX 570s in stock. I went to check it out, sure enough they had them in stock with a limit of 1 per customer. It'd take 2 weeks for me to get the card if I ordered from the US. I went to talk to someone to debate if I should buy it or not. I decided to buy it. I went back to newegg clicked 'add to cart' and the cards were already sold out.

Moral of the story: when dealing with hot commodities, buy first, think later. Wink
ibatcakes (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:59:11 PM

Damn, this goldrush is insane Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: