Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:56:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XRP] how low will Ripple go because of this bug?  (Read 1513 times)
talkbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:43:25 AM

a serious bug was found in Coinpayments.net's Ripple wallet that helped many users to withdraw excessive amount of Ripple without even having the balance to support it.
and apparent this bug was exploited by a lot of people. and when people do that, they go ahead and sell those coins before they get caught.

so how low do you think XRP will go because of this dump?

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
okkez

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:58:10 AM

Source?
Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:43:54 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/6g6i9u/coinpaymentsnet_is_scam/

So they will recover all their xrp but only credit the users 1/4 of their missing xrp. A company that screwed up, and probably already makes good money, doesn't want to pay up when something goes wrong. They say they are working with lawyers to get their xrp back, maybe anyone who lost xrp should be sueing coinpayments.
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:47:40 PM

a serious bug was found in Coinpayments.net's Ripple wallet that helped many users to withdraw excessive amount of Ripple without even having the balance to support it.
and apparent this bug was exploited by a lot of people. and when people do that, they go ahead and sell those coins before they get caught.

so how low do you think XRP will go because of this dump?

It has nothing to do with Ripple or XRP
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:49:48 PM

I don't see how they will recover all the xrp, a lot on it has been sold on to unsuspecting buyers, I expect xrp to fall further with this news, it will be many months before it recovers, if at all.
vsyc

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:58:38 PM

I don't see how they will recover all the xrp, a lot on it has been sold on to unsuspecting buyers, I expect xrp to fall further with this news, it will be many months before it recovers, if at all.

You need to change your nick to Dumb, again it has nothing to do with XRP/Ripple, it has to do with wallet provider.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:53:10 PM

It has nothing to do with Ripple or XRP

Exactly.
namini

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:37:18 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 05:57:33 PM by namini

lol, I'm pretty sure most of the old xrpchat members I know (each) hold more XRP than this small exchange.
And looks like they're working to solve the issue.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:54:43 PM

You need to change your nick to Dumb, again it has nothing to do with XRP/Ripple, it has to do with wallet provider.

I will, as soon as the forum makes it possible, no worries. It wouldn't help xrp though; seeing the price is taking a beating these past few weeks. Maybe it's time to dump mine too.

Signed
DumbD
RedNovember

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:12:54 PM

lol, I'm pretty sure most of the old xrpchat members I know (each) hold more XRP than this small exchange.
And looks like they're working to solve the issue.

Yeah I really don't see how a single small exchange losing their customers xrp would affect the billions of ripple in circulation.

Anyways it looks like that exchange is going through legal means to recover the coins, so hopefully the ones who lost it will be able to recover it.

I'm going to move my ripple from mrakrn to hardware wallet asap
talkbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:44:21 AM

i don't know why some people love changing the subject!
this is a speculation topic about the price and the effect that an incident and then the news of that incident can have on the price! is it too hard to stick to topic!

anyways it seems like there has been an additional sell pressure on the market ever since this news came out and the 10K satoshi resistance was broken so i guess it is safe to assume it was indeed effective on the price.

..PROFITBOX..
    █████████████▀     ████
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:50:36 AM

this is a speculation topic about the price and the effect that an incident and then the news of that incident can have on the price! is it too hard to stick to topic!

anyways it seems like there has been an additional sell pressure on the market ever since this news came out and the 10K satoshi resistance was broken so i guess it is safe to assume it was indeed effective on the price.
just late for this speculation thinking that 10k is already the downfall and correction will be finished and the price will bounce back again but it seems that the value will keep falling and no one knows how dip it is, so assuming this issue really affects the coin value.

talkbitcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:08:07 AM

just late for this speculation thinking that 10k is already the downfall and correction will be finished and the price will bounce back again but it seems that the value will keep falling and no one knows how dip it is, so assuming this issue really affects the coin value.

i'm not calling it "downfall". but at the same time it is not a "correction" either. it is the period after the pump where the bubble burst and prices come down.

now this particular incident as i pointed out in OP has caused an additional "sell pressure" and that is always an important factor to look out for when you are speculating about the price.

and it is unfortunate timing that it happened during the dumping phase which will only speed things up.

..PROFITBOX..
    █████████████▀     ████
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:12:37 AM

i'm not calling it "downfall". but at the same time it is not a "correction" either. it is the period after the pump where the bubble burst and prices come down.

now this particular incident as i pointed out in OP has caused an additional "sell pressure" and that is always an important factor to look out for when you are speculating about the price.

and it is unfortunate timing that it happened during the dumping phase which will only speed things up.

"uNfOrTuNaTly tImInG, xRp dOwNtReNd" Autistic screeching
guadalahara

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

Hey guise

I'm a member of a pro super secret trading group where some scumbag charges BTC (wow wonder why he doesn't charge XRP) to show us meme lines meme triangles and Star Wars quotes.

the guy's an idiot but I guess "smart" to scam people into buying into his group

I got in for free because he's not that smart

Anyway

XRP will go to $20, or $100 depending how many XRPs you got and how rich you want to get.

So for example if you have 100000 XRP's, I think the price will reach $10 effectively making you a millionaire. All thanks to XRP, used by the bankz.

Remember - it's never to late to invest into the best coin, the only non-scam coin - XRP. Da bankz will use it and even if it drops and bricks for another month, that's WEAK HANDS hhahahaha just HODL and be Gordon Gecko Wolf of Wall Screech.

Good luck everyone, XRP to da moon
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:52:37 PM

Although this is an exploit at wallet provider, it will raise questions at Ripple users. They will be suspecting similar issues on other providers and maybe they will short their coins for something else. I was waiting for Ledger to release Ripple support, but I didn't buy XRP after crash.
vsyc

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:15:44 AM

This post reminds a round table of idiots! I bet non of you have not seen real crash due to hack!
klien_br

Activity: 402
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:41:17 AM

XRP will go to 6000 sats!  Grin
SonnetStar

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:40:19 AM

Hey guise

I'm a member of a pro super secret trading group where some scumbag charges BTC (wow wonder why he doesn't charge XRP) to show us meme lines meme triangles and Star Wars quotes.

the guy's an idiot but I guess "smart" to scam people into buying into his group

I got in for free because he's not that smart

Anyway

XRP will go to $20, or $100 depending how many XRPs you got and how rich you want to get.

So for example if you have 100000 XRP's, I think the price will reach $10 effectively making you a millionaire. All thanks to XRP, used by the bankz.

Remember - it's never to late to invest into the best coin, the only non-scam coin - XRP. Da bankz will use it and even if it drops and bricks for another month, that's WEAK HANDS hhahahaha just HODL and be Gordon Gecko Wolf of Wall Screech.

Good luck everyone, XRP to da moon

Your post reeks of sarcasm but the funny thing is you might be right. When xrp was less than 1 cent, I invested. Now I'm filthy rich.

And I will get more and more filthy rich

Thanks
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:33:43 AM

it is so funny how many newbie accounts are being created ever since XRP price started falling from this year's recent all time high of 24,300 satoshi. it is as if they invested on the very top during the hyped up pump and now they are losing money every day that price goes one step lower!

currently at 9000 satoshi! and that is a ~63% loss for them!

Only Bitcoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: