Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions about LiteCoin  (Read 1212 times)
nielz485 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:45:19 PM

Hey, guys. I have been following LiteCoin for quite a while now and I was interested what the opinion of you guys is about LiteCoin.

When you check out their Twitter, Reddit, and forum they all claim that LTC is the new big thing since they already implemented SegWit and will be implementing Lightning Network. But of course, the people on these channels are most likely Litecoin enthusiasts so I was interested in the opinion of you guys.

Litecoin:
- Implemented Segwit (had a major price increase due to this)
- Will be implementing Lightning Network (soon). I can't find an exact date on this if someone knows it, please share it!
- Just hired 2 full-time developers, have reached it quite far without any full-time developers so I am curious what their effect will be.

People all claim that Litecoin is VERY underrated and should increase in price. Any opinions on this? I think that if they bring out lightning network it is bound to happen.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 12:51:12 PM

Hard to predict the future. It's dependent on what bitcoin will do. For what it's worth, VIA is a version of litecoin that's implementing a lot of the same things and more and trades on poloniex. I'm amazed it hasn't pumped yet.  I've been holding bitcoin over litecoin and it's been outperforming lately.  I have a feeling the greedy miners are going to eventually lose in bitcoin and solutions to reduce fees and increase scalability will be adopted. They're facing a losing battle and don't have much of a leg to stand on.
theroryshow

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:12:54 PM

I think LTC will have another run in the near future and set new highs. For whatever reason it is not the most sought after coin. I think its price keeps it away from as much speculation. It will have its time
LamboWhenChinaWakesUp

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:13:29 PM

LTC is okay, but XRP is better.

Ripple is better, sorry mate.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 01:47:43 PM

I slowly adding Litecoin to my wallet since I have a good feeling about it. I don't expect huge move but I do expect better % then BTC .

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:50:41 PM

LTC is okay, but XRP is better.

Ripple is better, sorry mate.

And NEM is technically as good as Ripple if not better, and also cheaper, but the market doesn't care, it will pump what it wants to pump...
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:51:40 PM

Litecoin will be the alternative for bitcoim. The bitcoin issue has made a lot of people try to look at another crypto as an alternative to make the transaction with cheap fees. That means the future of litecoin is really bright. The off-chain development for litecoin will come as soon as possible.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
John Titor

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:40:35 PM

I'm so confident about Litecoin pumping soon, that I convinced my own mother to buy a little.  With all of the perks of SW/LN, bitcoin hitting a scaling wall, it being added to CoinBase, soon to to be on BitStamp as well (it's their first altcoin, too), and given existing popularity in China, a Litecoin pump is obvious.  It will at the very least reclaim 4th place on CMC, if not more.

I don't think Litecoin will be a Bitcoin killer as some might try to claim, but the near future for Litecoin looks bright.
copperKO

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:56:59 PM

Recently sold all my ltc as I feel it will eventually be swallowed up by btc, as btc adopts its tried and tested features.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:11:03 PM

I did not understand the technicalities behind crypto currencies development but as a trade I do feel litecoin is under value.my  feeling come from the way others coins do increase in price since inception. I believe, very soon litecoin will become the next pumping coins.
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:27:33 AM

I am also adding some lite coin on my wallet already it gave some profit on this. But i am keeping this for future like holding one litecoin may change my future . And also trying to get litecoin from all the possible ways
Alttrader203

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:30:07 AM

I used to have 20% of portfolio in ltc. It droped to 15% without me selling any. Now i am at 5% ltc. It is just a painful investment. I like the idea, but do bot see good usecase except testing feasibility of upgrades for bitcoin.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:30:28 AM

When you check out their Twitter, Reddit, and forum they all claim that LTC is the new big thing since they already implemented SegWit and will be implementing Lightning Network. But of course, the people on these channels are most likely Litecoin enthusiasts so I was interested in the opinion of you guys.
the correct term for majority of those who cheer for an altcoin is "bag-holder" Grin
you can see examples of them cheering for XRP these days, one of them are in this topic too!

Litecoin:
- Implemented Segwit (had a major price increase due to this)6
it was mostly the hype of SegWit + the good timing, it was the time of the pumps!
i should add that i don't mean it was all hype, SegWit activation was a big thing too. it fixed the malleability issue and also it is an active testing ground in real time for bitcoin now.

- Will be implementing Lightning Network (soon). I can't find an exact date on this if someone knows it, please share it!
i personally don't like LN. specially on LTC
i don't like it because it seems to bring some kind of centralization and also it is considered off-chain. and it also has additional fees.
i don't like it on LTC because it really didn't need it! the transactions are already fast with 2-2.5 min block times.

- Just hired 2 full-time developers, have reached it quite far without any full-time developers so I am curious what their effect will be.
hmm. i did not know this!
who are they?

People all claim that Litecoin is VERY underrated and should increase in price. Any opinions on this? I think that if they bring out lightning network it is bound to happen.
it is hard to say. LTC doesn't really offer much, apart from being a little faster version of bitcoin and being fast does not come cheap.
but it has SegWit so that is something.

if your questions are about price then that is a whole different story. it can and it possibly will rise up a lot in the future because of all this. and this coin actually has some usage as a real currency and that is a big perk in my opinion.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
nielz485 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:27:30 PM

hmm. i did not know this!
who are they?

On the first of June they announced their first full time developer named; "Shaolinfry" - joined the Litecoin team voluntarily in 2016 and has shown significant contribution and strong technical competence throughout the past one year.
Some days ago I saw that they were going to hire a second FT-developer since they got enough donations on the litecoin foundation but they haven't picked a person yet (can't find that message back, but can't find it. Maybe I dreamt it xd)
truex60

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:51:07 PM

LTC Site for Mining
http://173.21.45.91:9327
USA
0.5% fee,
24/7
indika8821

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:26:11 PM

Litecoin will be great choice and will be give good profit amount but If you thinking to invest for 2 to 3 month then then don’t think about and always remember in cryptocurrency investment all time risky
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: