Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 06:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1080 Ti - Whattomine Alternatives  (Read 4199 times)
jwarren81

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:31:19 AM

Currently I do multi algo on zpool and get paid in BTC.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:39:45 AM

You get better profits from the GTX cards for everything accept Ethash mining.  Mining a combination of Skein, Blake2s, hmq1725, equihash, bitcore etc, yields better profit with better power efficiency.

GTX 1070's are the sweet spot if you are not space constrained.  1080ti's are great when contrained for space but fall behind in some algos when compared to two 1070s.

You guys are getting GTX because you cant find RX or is it by choice? If so, why ?
Unfortunately ETH+SC mining smashes anything by far atm so nVidia alternatives just aren't as profitable overall in terms of performance per dollar.

So yeah, 10**'s are efficient and all, but they can't come close to RX 570's as long as EThash is profitable as it is.
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:45:39 AM

just use the bench of yiimp for 1080ti performance, because it's still a new card and there are not site that report the hashrate

earning is bad on zpool better to mine on yiimp for me, reward is lower than 20-30% on zpool

qme988

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:17:49 AM

just use the bench of yiimp for 1080ti performance, because it's still a new card and there are not site that report the hashrate

earning is bad on zpool better to mine on yiimp for me, reward is lower than 20-30% on zpool

Hi, which coin is the most profitable for 1080TI to mine other than running on skein ?
cause the bench mark only shows how much hash speed but how do u get the calculation of btc/mh for some algo like blake2s
jwarren81

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:18:49 PM

Those are not the results I have had on zpool, to each their own.

jwarren81

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:26:50 PM

The 'most' profitable coin/algo changes on a minute to minute basis.  If you look at averages for time, skein is a good performer, but there are others currently that are better in the moment.  Equihash over the last 24 hours was better, but that may not continue.  Blake2s has done well over the last week as well.

What it comes down to is what you decide you want to mine for.  For profit?  Support of a coin?  Mining a coin that you hope rises in price later?

I mine straight for continuous 'passive' income.  Therefore I mine what is most profitable for my hardware, in the moment and cash out to BTC then to USD.  If I want to hold some coins for later (Decred, Eth, Zec, etc), I buy them with BTC before cashing out the rest for USD.  Its a strategy that is working very well for me and zpool makes it very simple.  Miningpoolhub is another good multipool as well.

Hi, which coin is the most profitable for 1080TI to mine other than running on skein ?
cause the bench mark only shows how much hash speed but how do u get the calculation of btc/mh for some algo like blake2s
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:45:35 PM

Those are not the results I have had on zpool, to each their own.

Zpool seems broken ATM last 48 returns were down.  Last 24 hours at least 30% less than I usually get if not more.. Something is wrong at Zpool.  I had good results previously.
BadAstroZA

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:45:20 PM

jwarren1 (or anyone else who can comment) which exact binary/what software are you using to do your current mining on NVIDIA hardware?

jwarren81

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:02:25 AM

I use the following:

EWBF - Equihash
Ccminer (sp) - Skein
Ccminer (klaust) - Neoscrypt, Groestl, MyrGr
Ccminer (tpruvot) - Everything else

I use MultiPoolMiner scripts with some of my own mods to multi-algo mine on zpool.
baxelrod

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:52:32 AM

So I have the same card. I started messing around to see what would give me the best return. Started with Nicehash, cause well I am new to mining. But didn't like the return of $6 a day. So I turned to LBRY - which seemed to mine great, about $7-8 a day avg. Then I found Skein, I've been mining that since yesterday at 4pm - nice hash rate of 480M/hs. I think this will be the way to go. Going to let it run for a few days to see how many coins I can mine. I have bought a second GPU too, just waiting for my SLI bridge.

If you have a GTX 1080 Ti I hope that was a typo for your hashrate. A GTX 1080 ti should be getting 900+ Mh/s on skein - some versions of ccminer reportedly even top 1000 MH/s on skein. Which miner are you using?

I started with CCMiner2.0 but noticed I wasn't getting the hash rate that I should, so I found ccminer 8.08 by KlausT. My hash rate on skein is now 1040 Mh/s. Only thing I have noticed is with the pool I'm mining with, I have a high invalid hash rate, 5-10%. May be more to do with the pool than anything else.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: