Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:56:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Expanding my portfolio  (Read 1355 times)
V.Pelewin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:16:17 PM

Been a longtime silent reader and am very grateful to this community. There is a lot of rubbish being posted here but also so much to learn and some really bright minds.

I was a little late to Bitcoin (or so I thought) and my first investment was in XMR which is still my favourite and my majority holding.

Recently, I've decided to expand my portfolio and am looking to get some feedback. I've based my investments on the information I've found mostly here and am looking for solid projects which are still undervalued. I know that some will argue that everything is in a huge bubble now and must pop while others think that crypto is just in it's infancy and will grow to much bigger volumes. I think corrections will always be there but as a long time investor this doesn't really matter as cryptocurrencies will grow much more and gain importance in the future.

I am only interested in long time holding and have no interest in day trading and don't mind the volatility. XMR hast taught my to keep calm during the bumps on the road.

My holdings are the following (in order of volume I hold):

- XMR
- BTC
- ETH
- AEON
- SHIFT
- ARK
- VIA (apparently they have a new developer and lots happening here)
- BAY
- NXS
- STRAT
- BLOCK
- MER
- LBC
- DAR
- XEM

I know there are more interesting coins but I don't have that much to invest, so I had to make a choice...
shamzblueworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 01:21:55 PM

Nice looking portfolio, some big coins there. Why not Ripple?
And for how long have you kept these coins or this is your recent investments?
V.Pelewin (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

Ripple scares me, there are so many and the majority is owned by a corporation. I like to believe in a project (like I did (and  still do) with XMR when I first invested in it) and that's hard for me with Ripple. I also have problems with ETH (for example it not being decentralized). The main reason I bought ETH (just a few at 40$) so it wouldn't upset me anymore when it rose. But I think it would be a big blow to the world of crypto if ETH was number one.

I bought some SHIFT at $0,40 and made some good returns so far but I am staying in as this seems like a really good project.

I bought Stratis at $3,70 and it went up after that.

I don't have a lot to invest but I don't depend on making any immediate returns so I want to hodl long time in the chance of making a small fortune. I also want to support the projects I believe in and holding long time is a good way of doing so. Some people on this forum seem to only see crypto as their pump and dump vehicle and do not appreciate how amazing this technology is.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

Nice portfolio, good job, I am a more shy crypto holder, so my list consist of:
BTC
ETH
ETC
Expanse
Musicoin
Siacoin

In that order

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
ymig1

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

Add ZEN
V.Pelewin (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

Any other opinions? Is there anything I should add or remove?

Why ZEN? How does it distinguish itself from ZCL?
Speakmore

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 07:49:12 PM

I just got into this a bit recently (been reading forum sites for close to 3 weeks now) and have made a few investments (not sure it's `a lot` - depends on your definition of a lot, relatively speaking) which can be viewed here if you're interested.

I see you're already in STRAT, so my second biggest holding will be my potential suggestion to read up on:

Waves (WAVES):
https://wavesplatform.com/
https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-whitepaper-164dd6ca6a23
http://wavescommunity.com/
http://wavesplatform.herokuapp.com/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Wavesplatform/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/waves/
Ways to buy: http://wavescommunity.com/buy-waves/

This should give you a decent start, the rest is up to you! I don't encourage you invest without researching yourself, so best of luck buddy!
Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:30:20 AM

You seem to have the right attitude! If you want my personal advice: Try to catch smaller coins BEFORE they get big. Waiting and searching for such a coin is the main activity of investors like us, and it can take a long time and patience until you find it. That way, you can easily make 100x profit within a year or so, depending on your talent for finding promising projects. Personally, I (usually) don't buy any coins that have a market cap over 500K USD.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
LuciferUA

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:38:49 AM

I just got into this a bit recently (been reading forum sites for close to 3 weeks now) and have made a few investments (not sure it's `a lot` - depends on your definition of a lot, relatively speaking) which can be viewed here if you're interested.

I see you're already in STRAT, so my second biggest holding will be my potential suggestion to read up on:

Waves (WAVES):
https://wavesplatform.com/
https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-whitepaper-164dd6ca6a23
http://wavescommunity.com/
http://wavesplatform.herokuapp.com/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Wavesplatform/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/waves/
Ways to buy: http://wavescommunity.com/buy-waves/

This should give you a decent start, the rest is up to you! I don't encourage you invest without researching yourself, so best of luck buddy!

Waves has a promissing future that is for sure. I would add Lisk, and depending on how the ICO turns out Bancor.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬  STU PRE-SALE ▶ August 2nd, 2017  ▬▬▬▬▬
loreRex

Activity: 279
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:36:32 PM

XMR on top? So you really think that anonymity will be of primal importance in the future? I'm not convinced at all, the good thing is that XMR is still a sub 100 dollar coin and it's reasonable to see 100-200 dollars in the future, but then I would sell there.

BTC and ETH are the real long term.

In the list, Ark seems to me the most promising.

I would personally add  Golem, Litecoin and Aragon, and reduce XMR to third spot.
powergear

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:46:36 PM

Spectrecoin, iExec, Synereo, Aeternity (ico ended lately) and komodo

▄▄███▄▄
    ▄▄███████████▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
▀▀██████████████████▀▀ ▄▄
    ▀▀██████████▀▀ ▄▄████
        ▀▀█▀▀ ▄▄█████████
            ▄█████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            ██████████████
            █████████████▀
            █████████▀▀
            █████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

Brickblock.io║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║

▄▄██▄
            ▄▄█▀▀  ██
        ▄▄█▀▀      █▌
    ▄▄█▀▀   ▄▀    ██
▄▄▄█▀▀    ▄█▀     ▐█
██      ▄██▀       █▌
▀▀██▄███▀        ██
    ██▀▀█▄▄▄     █▌
    █▄  ██▀▀▀█▄██
    █▄█▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀ 
████▄         █████████████▀ 
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████ 
█████████████████████ 
    ▀█████████████████▀
    ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 

▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄
█████▄             ▄██████▄
█████████▄        ████████████▄
██████████▌▄     ██████████████
██████████▌▐█  ▄█████████████▀▄█
██████████▌▐██▄▀████████████ ███
██████████▌▐████▀██████████ ████
██████████▌▐█████ ███████▀▄█████
██████████▌ ▀█████▄▀████ ███████
██████████▌   ▀▀████ ██▄████████
▀█████████▌      ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████████
▀▀█████▌             ▀▀██████
        ▀█▌                  ▀▀█
║║
║║
║║
║║
║║.
krypt0n1

Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

You seem to have the right attitude! If you want my personal advice: Try to catch smaller coins BEFORE they get big. Waiting and searching for such a coin is the main activity of investors like us, and it can take a long time and patience until you find it. That way, you can easily make 100x profit within a year or so, depending on your talent for finding promising projects. Personally, I (usually) don't buy any coins that have a market cap over 500K USD.

What are some of your main criteria other than market cap? How far do you go into fundamentals of the project?

Gandalf86

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515

Coin Mage

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:31:25 AM

What are some of your main criteria other than market cap? How far do you go into fundamentals of the project?

• Innovative tech, i.e. could we use another coin to achieve the same thing?
  • Simple idea. If I don't understand the concept within a few minutes, I'm not interested
  • Not too big. This is the same for market cap as for ICO. Too many people wanting their part of the cake is not good for profit.
  • Catchy name.
  • Good and communicating and friendly dev, who's not primarily interested in profit but innovation. This one is VERY important.
  • Dev is NOT concerned about getting on big exchanges quickly.
  • The thread has a positive spirit.
  • People say it's undervalued.

Sometimes not all of these points have to be fulfilled, but most of them.

Discord: Gandalf86#5805 (#341695925166538796) // Maintainer of Titcoin // Work smarter, not harder!
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:27:05 AM

I would take a look at ETC and CLOAK.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
krypt0n1

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:06:19 PM

• Innovative tech, i.e. could we use another coin to achieve the same thing?
  • Simple idea. If I don't understand the concept within a few minutes, I'm not interested
  • Not too big. This is the same for market cap as for ICO. Too many people wanting their part of the cake is not good for profit.
  • Catchy name.
  • Good and communicating and friendly dev, who's not primarily interested in profit but innovation. This one is VERY important.
  • Dev is NOT concerned about getting on big exchanges quickly.
  • The thread has a positive spirit.
  • People say it's undervalued.

Sometimes not all of these points have to be fulfilled, but most of them.

Thanks for taking the time to share and write that out!

gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:10:19 PM

and is here today any similar inovative, not to big and cheap coin? Maybe Verge?
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:39:12 AM

Verge is good coin, but I can't be sure to see if its gonna be pumped.
But you can hold it in your portfolio just normally, its safe coin.
I also like Waves.
gvozdik

Activity: 161

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:55:32 AM

Pierre 2 thanks, and what you think about Sia?
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:25:44 AM

Hello V Pelewin. i think you have a decent portfolio and I sure a number of names with you BTC, ETC, XMR, NEM, DAR , VIA, BAY, NXS

Other names with potential are ABY, ZEN, VOX. All of these are below $15M market cap so have multi bagger potential.

In the higher market cap range you can consider FCT and SC. even if you don't have much to invest $50 to $100 can make a large difference on the low market cap cryptos. if you have any doubt of this please look at the chart of Verge or Reddcoin.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
copperKO

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:16:52 PM

Recommend looking into ubiq and waves, both very active and growing projects, probably still undervalued
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: