Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I went all in on Xtrabytes.  (Read 3201 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 03:51:29 PM

I truely believe while Bitcoin will always be number one there is a need for greater security. Thats why I went all in on Xtrabytes as it seems like the only coin that solves the flaws of POW and POS (51% attack). In time that will be I believe the only thing that matters in crypto ie security. Which is why it is almost a definite top 10 project. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Damianvdb

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:00:00 PM

I do agree that XBY has a load of potential, but I prefer to diversify my portfolio && to never go all-in. Never invest what you can't lose  Wink
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

I do agree that XBY has a load of potential, but I prefer to diversify my portfolio && to never go all-in. Never invest what you can't lose  Wink

I really mean my speculative investments. I still hold some btc

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

Nothing about it is promising in its current form.

Other than every node has to sign blocks not just one, it's just another coin with masternodes and with the worst naming scheme and acronyms I have ever seen. And even that system will probably have its own issues.

51% attacks are very hard to pull off and I don't see how a 51% attack isn't possible with Xtrabytes. Not with hashrate, obviously, but with node count. If only there was a white paper.

I get that its dev team is not the one which started it but the coin still stems from a premined ICO scam which will forever stay with it.

And now each transaction costs like $3 regardless of transaction size to gather funds while one coin used to be 1 satoshi. As if the devs didn't buy bags of it before resurrecting it.

So with the transaction fees no real world usage is expected anytime soon and even the devs say the project is experimental and they might not be able to deliver.

Not your keys, not your coins!
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 04:23:31 PM

I truely believe while Bitcoin will always be number one there is a need for greater security. Thats why I went all in on Xtrabytes as it seems like the only coin that solves the flaws of POW and POS (51% attack). In time that will be I believe the only thing that matters in crypto ie security. Which is why it is almost a definite top 10 project. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

How many XBY do you need for a static node and which exchange do you think is the best to get XBY at? And what wallet do you keep it in? Thanks.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:30:43 PM

How many XBY do you need for a static node and which exchange do you think is the best to get XBY at? And what wallet do you keep it in? Thanks.

Unfortunately the major liquidity is on Yobit (yeah I know) for now. If you do buy there I recommend getting your coins off there as soon as possible. They have wallets I use Windows and OSX.

Hey listen whatever you do look at the coin yourself and don't take mine or any word on it.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Unfortunately the major liquidity is on Yobit (yeah I know) for now. If you do buy there I recommend getting your coins off there as soon as possible. They have wallets I use Windows and OSX.

Hey listen whatever you do look at the coin yourself and don't take mine or any word on it.

Ok thanks, what about the second question, how many coins do you need for a master node and is it worth it?

PS: I'm synching the windows wallet right now, it worked out of the box to be honest that's a good sign i have strugled with bunch of wallets and config files and all that crap this one looks like it's going to work and I made a new address will try to send some coins. Warning CCEX charges 100 XBY to withdrawl.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 04:41:01 PM

Ok thanks, what about the second question, how many coins do you need for a master node and is it worth it?

PS: I'm synching the windows wallet right now, it worked out of the box to be honest that's a good sign i have strugled with bunch of wallets and config files and all that crap this one looks like it's going to work and I made a new address will try to send some coins. Warning CCEX charges 100 XBY to withdrawl.

I don't have a master node as I bought after the deadline. I think it was 500,000xby back when the coin was cheaper. There is talk about a second round Static nodes but I really haven't found the info about it and i think its not decided yet. I'm a bit cold on getting a second round node as I think it doesn't have the benefit of receiving service fees they plan like storage fees just transactions fees which isn't so interesting to me. You have to look into yourself i'm afraid. 

I hate to bang on this again but even though I did start this thread there are 2 things I really now try to avoid, online arguments and heavy investment advice, I used to do both and it hasn't always been good. I always say, research everything yourself first hand. All crypto investments have risk and this has plenty. Otherwise good luck.  Smiley
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 04:46:03 PM

I don't have a master node as I bought after the deadline. I think it was 500,000xby back when the coin was cheaper. There is talk about a second round Static nodes but I really haven't found the info about it and i think its not decided yet.

I hate to bang on this again but even though I did start this thread there are 2 things I really now try to avoid, online arguments and heavy investment advice, I used to do both and it hasn't always been good. I always say, research everything yourself first hand. All crypto investments have risk and this has plenty. Otherwise good luck.  Smiley

Ok, that's fair. I got a small position and moved it to the Windows wallet. Lets see if the DEV team can do what they say they will if they do it will be worth some money.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:18:37 PM

When a coin is mentioning 70,000% increase in 4 weeks in its OP, guess what I'm doing? Smiley

Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 05:25:09 PM

I was thinking to buy some XBY when the price was 50 sat but I decided don't buy and I missed a lot of profits. So, it was my mistake, unfortunately. Happy early investors  Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fatoshi

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:14:25 AM

When a coin is mentioning 70,000% increase in 4 weeks in its OP, guess what I'm doing? Smiley

I think they were trying to communicate how rapidly the coin has grown. This is a community coin don't forget so don't be too critical of the marketing. This isn't a polished ICO who asks for 5000 sats buy ins. Remember NO premine, developers simply bought along with everyone else. Fact is the price stated at 1 sat for almost no time if you go look at chart. I was one of early buyers at 30 sats and back then you couldn't give it away no one wanted it, thats the reality. Look a bit deeper guys this tech is something revolutionary I think.

I actually find the open and honest communication quite refreshing. I mean what ICO tells you its experimental and could all go wrong? When actually thats a reality for many of them. Look past all this and consider the technological step this coin might be making. Thats all that matters.

And just so people know none of the communication comes directly through the actual developer who is Hungarian with poor English and is deaf.....so expect a few communication hiccups. He did however work at one point with Peter Szabo the famous late Cryptographer with McAfee.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:21:55 AM

Another plus factor for XBY id that it has a smaller distribution compared to others that it reaches billions. I think XBY is doing good in ccex and other exchanges. Me too got my XBY from a twitter campaign if I can remember and I also bought from exchanges. I hope it will continue to grow.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:27:25 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 06:41:58 AM by dissident

I have enough for a static and will hold as I keep my portfolio diversified.  Get that static chain going, retire the old chain, and get it on bittrex, and it will gain more credibility.  It's definitely useful in some applications but don't think it will necessarily be the next big thing... Pascalcoin which has block chain trimming would be once the tech matures. Being able to keep the chain size around 6GB like they promise would be huge.  Combine that with child chains and you've got something scalable. Both promising coins with unique features though, especially at their respective market caps.  I just wonder if requiring every node to verify would make it less scalable... Maybe it would be more scalable.   The coin that can make the fastest confirmations will be the next big thing... I'm talking it showing up in your poloniex account under 60 seconds after sending.

In any case I'll keep holding as I try to find coins that have unique tech of any sort.  The dev is pretty straight up too. Good guy... And the main programmer is very talented.

rmyg5907

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:52:41 AM

thanks for your shares ,I am a newer and I will pay attention to this coin
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 02:04:54 PM

I think they were trying to communicate how rapidly the coin has grown. This is a community coin don't forget so don't be too critical of the marketing. This isn't a polished ICO who asks for 5000 sats buy ins. Remember NO premine, developers simply bought along with everyone else. Fact is the price stated at 1 sat for almost no time if you go look at chart. I was one of early buyers at 30 sats and back then you couldn't give it away no one wanted it, thats the reality. Look a bit deeper guys this tech is something revolutionary I think.

I actually find the open and honest communication quite refreshing. I mean what ICO tells you its experimental and could all go wrong? When actually thats a reality for many of them. Look past all this and consider the technological step this coin might be making. Thats all that matters.

And just so people know none of the communication comes directly through the actual developer who is Hungarian with poor English and is deaf.....so expect a few communication hiccups. He did however work at one point with Peter Szabo the famous late Cryptographer with McAfee.

No disrespect. Its just sound bad.... especially for a new currency.

Fatoshi

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:04:36 PM

No disrespect. Its just sound bad.... especially for a new currency.

I dont blame you at all to think the way you do. Its just ironic  that because its so open and honest that it comes across as scammy in some way. I cant remeber a project ever developing like this before. The developer basically lost money in a scam ico.and instead of putting his plans into an ico he decided he could use this scam for initial distribution saving initial investors their money and building his project. As close followers we have found the project to be all about genuine integrity.  The coin sat on yobit for almost nothing for a week before I saw it. The developer could of bought those coins knowing he would release his plans and the price would rocket but obviously he didn't. I probbaly more than anyone bought coins cheap with very little buyers to compete with....honestly I couldnt believe my luck. Even after buying i shrilled a lot telliing people it was going to be huge but at least a week passed and still no major buying.  I dont feel bad as ive missed all the major coin rallies this year nem.eth all of them.

My point is I think the OP was trying to make claer that even though this coin started so low its not a shitty project.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 05:48:13 PM

I really don't security is going to be an issue with Bitcoin. Nothing less than a coordinated attack by multiple governments will take it down at this point and it is only getting stronger. And if Bitcoin was attacked and destroyed, it is at that point we would see altcoins proliferate like ants and flies at the city dump. I think that governments knows that. They would have to shut down the internet to stop cryptocurrency. And if the internet is shut down, guess what, Xtrabytes will fail too.

TL;DR Xtrabytes is security redundant and will fail...
Fatoshi

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:22:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 07:36:48 PM by Fatoshi

I really don't security is going to be an issue with Bitcoin. Nothing less than a coordinated attack by multiple governments will take it down at this point and it is only getting stronger. And if Bitcoin was attacked and destroyed, it is at that point we would see altcoins proliferate like ants and flies at the city dump. I think that governments knows that. They would have to shut down the internet to stop cryptocurrency. And if the internet is shut down, guess what, Xtrabytes will fail too.

TL;DR Xtrabytes is security redundant and will fail...

If you were completely new to crypto and you were the head of some company wanting safe storage etc for your company would you a. Pick the blockchain that we all know will be incredibly damaging to environment due to electricity wastage and has a .001% chance if being hacked or do you choose b. No wasteful electricity usage and in theory 0 chance of being hacked?  Even taking the POW side away why choose a less safe option over another all things equal even if the risk is tiny? That margin of difference is why one steel company. One glass company one pizza company  etc beats its competitor by being marginally better..absolute.security will be everything I agree with the OP.

Also the project is much more than the base coin with a whole platform of modules planned. Plus its virtual chords layer means its infinitly scalable.

No one is saying bitcoin is going to be made obsolete but when security is a must then people will be choosing the zero risk option. Its market power is obvious to me honestly.

Also there are more risks than many want to admit to. We have a potential mining attack with us already.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses
TKeenan

Activity: 874

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:45:30 PM

I'm usually pretty bullish on unique altcoins that are undervalued and have an active community. However, for some reason I just can't get myself to jump on Xtrabytes. Maybe it's because most people who talk about it just seem like shills and can't really qualify why Xtrabytes "is the future".

Who knows though, maybe it'll skyrocket and I'll look back at this post and wonder why I didn't just jump in while it was cheap. That's just the way it goes I guess lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: