Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:34:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ETH mining difficulty come down?  (Read 2308 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:10:12 AM

Hi guys,

I have been lurking for a while now and thought I would make an account! I just got a mining rig, 7 GTX 1070's and am planning to mine ETH and see how it goes for a month. I have been concerned with the mining difficulty and feel like I can always switch to ZEC if ETH's difficulty goes up to a level that is unsustainable. I was thinking about just mining ZEC and buying another rig for ETH but hell it is so hard to get GPU's nowadays.

Check profitability on whattomine or some such - ZEC has been more profitable for 1070 cards most of the last 2-3 months than ETH has been, though it's been close some of that time.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Mbokani

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:42:23 AM

I was thinking about just mining ZEC and buying another rig for ETH but hell it is so hard to get GPU's nowadays.
This is the major hurdle everyone is facing,now with home based mining everyone is investing their time and money in purchasing the hardware and it is really difficult to find a decent graphic card in stores and it has being an issue for some time now,either the companies have to multiply their production to keep up with the demand and for the OP mining difficulty will keep on increasing and it wont come down and that is how things work.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:36:23 AM

4 months later, still profitable lol

It’s gold for nerds
bouldou

Activity: 403
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 05:47:35 AM

4 months later... The mining difficulty is finally coming down  Grin

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/ethereum-difficulty-chart

Vous voulez une Lambo ? Investissez dans le YENTEN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706079.0
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 07:07:12 AM

4 months later... The mining difficulty is finally coming down  Grin

https://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/ethereum-difficulty-chart

Nice chart. Come back to this post again 4 months later. You will be saying the exact same thing, again.

That difficulty will go down even more so within this October. AFAIK, ETH will be launching the metropolis-byzantium update which will reduce difficulty back to where it was last August 2017. Hopefully of course with this comes a lot of protocol updates that increases ETH value. #ETHminingisnotdead

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
patricken

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:06:20 AM

Hi guys,

I have been lurking for a while now and thought I would make an account! I just got a mining rig, 7 GTX 1070's and am planning to mine ETH and see how it goes for a month. I have been concerned with the mining difficulty and feel like I can always switch to ZEC if ETH's difficulty goes up to a level that is unsustainable. I was thinking about just mining ZEC and buying another rig for ETH but hell it is so hard to get GPU's nowadays.

Check profitability on whattomine or some such - ZEC has been more profitable for 1070 cards most of the last 2-3 months than ETH has been, though it's been close some of that time.

If you dual mine, it might be more profitable to do ETH.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: