Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PIECOIN REBOOT  (Read 66947 times)
AltcoinPortfolio

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 01:00:13 PM

Here's an interesting article about Amazon and Google probably enetering cryptocurrencies at some point and what it will do to other cryptos.

We will position PIE to navigate through this.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-26/blockchain-enter-google-exit-bitcoin
luckytimes

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:24:31 PM

I just invested more into this coin. I love getting in on coins with big potential when they are still low priced Smiley Cannot wait to see this coin potentially grow in value. I feel like this could be a good coin like RDD coin. It would make it easier for the average person to make payments with cryptocurrency which is something that is really needed. If the developers can actually pull it off, I could see this coin really going up in value because of the low coin supply and low market cap. This is only my opinion of course. But....I am excited to see where this coin is headed.
luckytimes

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 07:46:07 PM

Here is the information presented yesterday. I now have the freedom to move on so I will create a slack channel after having some coffee.

We can then develop there and post relevant information here on the ANN. I am coordinating these efforts.

All points in this proposal can be discussed. We need discussion and also technical views. Lots of things need explaining so I will wait for remarks, but two basic concepts are: PIE would be semi-anonymous and PIE would have receiver of transaction pay the transaction fee. These two concepts have a large impact on usability.

Once we have a detailed plan, we will look for a programmer to implement it. Financing will be done by PIE holders. It would be nice to find a person who wants to become a part of the project and we give him/her PIE. We'll see. First, here is the plan:

Basic Idea

PIE could become the people's coin, with very basic functions and simple usability. With the features proposed below, a user would not have to understand the technology and could use the wallet like an email account, just sending and receiving PIE between existing social media user names.

PIE would be the „niche coin“ for people and small businesses to conduct transactions in their daily lives. With near instant transactions, simple usability and no technological understanding needed.

Example: A small pizza shop or vegetable stand wants to accept PIE. They just need to download the Android/iPhone wallet (without the entire blockchain) and make the transactions with their customers. Similar examples are small transactions at flea markets, Craigslist, Ebay ads etc. Wherever people meet to conduct small transactions (the receiver pays the transaction fee, as this is typically a small business or selling an item, see below).

PIE Blockchain

- Lock in maximum supply at 84 million PIE (4xBitcoin's supply, logical number)
- Implement masternode structure with 10,000 PIE/masternode
- Issue public keys for masternodes so coins are not stored on same server as the masternode operations (public keys only required to initiate masternode, operations run without coins being stored there)
- Transaction fee of 1%
- Transaction fees paid by receiver by default. If sender wants to pay the fee, the sender adds this to the transaction amount
- Possibility of implementing an Escrow-function directly on the blockchain with masternodes handling this for an extra fee

Benefits: Value and usability of PIE are optimized, as well as incentives for running the masternodes

Wallet Address

- An existing user name from a social media platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.) is used to register a wallet on the PIE blockchain
- The username is the address of the wallet
- When a person downloads the wallet they are requested to log in via an API from social media networks or enter their email (with confirmation)

Benefits: Users do not need to understand the technology and can use it just like their other    applications

Mobile Wallet Functions

- Send / Receive / Balance / Contacts (other users)
- Only balance and transaction history are saved in the wallet, the blockchain is on the masternodes
- Additional safety function optionally with 2-FA

Benefits: Very basic, easy to program and similar to a cash wallet. Users can save the addresses where they often buy products (like a pizza shop where the user visits once a    week).

PC Wallets

More functionaliity including activating masternode and complete blockchain

Transactions

- A wallet „charlie.johnson“ initiates a transaction of 10 PIE to the wallet „john.smith“
- The wallet communicates this to a masternode, which checks the validity of both addresses as well as the current balances with the blockchain and other masternodes (min. 2)
- The masternode then settles the transaction on the blockchain and communicates the new balances to both wallets as well as other masternodes
- The sending wallet is locked for further transactions until the masternode has communicated settlement (no double spend)

Benefits: With minimal programming many potential problems are avoided, while retaining usability of PIE

Where to Buy PIE

Problem:    For many people creating an account at an exchange and trading is not   understandable

Solution:    Users sell PIE's to each other, similar to Localbitcoins.com, setting their price on a website

Future Developments

- Utilizing APIs of social media platforms, programmers can freely develop applications to bring PIE into the networks and their users
- Translations for the mobile wallet into several languages (masternodes in English only). Only around 30 words required for translation

This all sounds pretty good. Making it really simple for people to tip, buy, sell etc with pie coin on social media/email could be big. I think a max supply from 75-84 million is great. I really think just making sending pie coins user-friendly is so important for the success of this coin. Just a great interface that is simple for the average person to use. All in all, I think your plan seems pretty solid.
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:54:04 PM

About masternode - I think, need voting ... What do you think about? in my opinion, 10000 - very small for masternodes...

If need, i can translate from English to Russian. I hold now 500.000 PIE

AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:18:27 AM

About masternode - I think, need voting ... What do you think about? in my opinion, 10000 - very small for masternodes...

Welcome to the community!

That's good with the translation. The android wallet will be easy, but the exchange would need some more.

Good idea about voting for size of masternodes. A smaller size would allow for the network to spread out more.

If everyone posts their preferred size, we can count the votes.

I'll go with 10,000
luckytimes

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:36:37 AM

Welcome to the community!

That's good with the translation. The android wallet will be easy, but the exchange would need some more.

Good idea about voting for size of masternodes. A smaller size would allow for the network to spread out more.

If everyone posts their preferred size, we can count the votes.

I'll go with 10,000

Maybe 25,000 would be a good number? I don't know. I guess 10,000 would work too.
starb

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:55:33 AM

Masternodes, in my opinion, are needed for main purpose: as many people as possible withdraw coins from circulation and hold them As a result, the price will rise. For this purpose, 10,000 coins - very little. I vote for 100.000
luckytimes

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:15:08 AM

Masternodes, in my opinion, are needed for main purpose: as many people as possible withdraw coins from circulation and hold them As a result, the price will rise. For this purpose, 10,000 coins - very little. I vote for 100.000

Yea, I was thinking 10k was a bit small. I know XBY has masternodes for 500k coins. So the more I think about it, 100k might be a good number for this coin.
starb

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:37:55 AM

Yea, I was thinking 10k was a bit small. I know XBY has masternodes for 500k coins. So the more I think about it, 100k might be a good number for this coin.

XBY - overall amount of coins - 650.000.000 , therefore - 500.000 for masternode - normally
Piecoin -overall amount of coins - 74.000.000 , therefore - 100.000 - normally
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:44:42 AM

it will be more likely if we can make it 100k so it will be more chances to hold little by little and the value will still have a high chance to go bigger
just lets see how the development and what would be the best for this project.
alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:03:51 AM

If you ask me I would love to have master node collateral set at 50k but if you decide to go for 100k that's good for me too

Dim89

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:35:24 AM

Glad to see a new roadmap Grin

I hope new dev and new team not ignore this project again Smiley

PIECoin will go to mars if new dev and new team still working hard and never give up Wink

About master node, I vote for 100.000  Smiley
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:01:18 AM

I would personally see ~100k as a reasonable amount for a masternode as 78k PIE is .1% of all PIE so it would allow more people to become masternode holders.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 04:04:42 AM

I would personally see ~100k as a reasonable amount for a masternode as 78k PIE is .1% of all PIE so it would allow more people to become masternode holders.

Yes 100k would be best. I think 10K is too low.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
phonytoast

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:19:27 AM

Also think 100k is good. And yea so far it seems like this coin will actually get a proper reboot. Transaction time is super fast too so if they treat it right it can be great.
cryptoam

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:31:36 AM

Transaction time was a huge surprise. I clicked withdraw in C-Cex and opened the Wallet to check. The coins were already there....wow.....Done in blink of an eye.

Think Master Nodes would be better at 100,000.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:54:23 AM

I guess we can safely say that a majority votes for 100,000 for the masternodes.

So we will set it there. If anyone opposes please post.

Thankyou to everyone who voted!
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:13:03 PM

The total amount of coins is being capped at 84 million.

More information on other developments will be announced tomorrow.
luckytimes

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:32:17 PM

The total amount of coins is being capped at 84 million.

More information on other developments will be announced tomorrow.

84 Million sounds good Smiley
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:40:25 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 09:09:51 PM by AltcoinPortfolio

The new PIEcoin will have following features:

- Maximum amount of coins 84 million (staking rewards will then drop to 0% once this amount has been achieved)
- Masternodes 100,000 each (masternodes will then earn transaction fees of 1% as compensation for maintaining the network)
- The network address on the blockchain will be a social media username or email (people without technical understanding will be able to use PIE)
- There will be an Android wallet with simple functions (balance / send / receive / transaction history / contacts)
- The current PC wallets will be added with masternode functions (public keys required so the masternodes can be run on a server without the coins)
- Serve as a platform for new business models through the opensource APIs of social media networks etc. (open for innovation and new businesses)

The development at the current stage is divided into 3 interlocking steps or parts:

1. Blockchain: masternodes will be implemented and the network address altered. Additional safety features such as one transaction at a time avoid double-spending problems. This safety feature is taken out of the blockchain transactions and placed into the wallet/masternode as a function of the blockchain. The wallet's send function is locked down until settlement of the current transaction is completed by the masternodes (settlement layer).

2. Android wallet: This will be developed on the Ionic/Copay opensource framework. When a user downloads the app they need to login using either a social media API (facebook, twitter etc. or email). This username then becomes their address on the blockchain. The app does not have the entire blockchain. It communicates with the masternodes only using very little power and memory of the phone. The user sends from phone-to-phone or -web, but the masternodes handle the transaction.

3. PC wallets: Update with masternode functions which can be activated with 100,000 PIE each (an improved design would be nice later)
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

How do we get there? Who implements the planned steps?

With the Android wallet we have found a community solution. A member has a team of mobile app programmers and we will start work on the specifications this week. It would be great if he provided his PIE address so people can donate to show appreciation and help make PIE succeed. You can also give me the addresses on slack and I will post them in status updates. Whatever is better.

For the blockchain programming I have received offers (for BTC), but I am hoping we could find a community solution for this also. If not I can set up
an escrow at Bitrated.com for example and we can gather donations to this account before proceeding.

The PC wallet would also be nice to do as a community solution. But it is perhaps best done together with the blockchain?  

Then there is also the website on piecoin.net or other domain. Here again a community solution would be best.

Then come the translations. The website is more work. The android wallet is just a few words on the app and then the download description + short story. At least Russian has been offered by a community member.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

The word community came up a lot.

We have a few new members over the last days and probably quite a few who have bought PIE as an investment. We will continue to grow and will get to know each other through the project.

To motivate these developments everyone who does work could present what they are doing and post their PIE address for donations. If someone needs help with English etc. please post on the slack. One programmer helped me understand some aspects on the PIE blockchain so I gave him 5000 PIE as a thankyou. We need to get the PIE moving!

I will be adding slack channel and whatsapp group on all posts from now on, so it is easier for new members to find them.

Feedback and discussion is welcome!

If you would like to support the work I am doing for the community, my PIE Address is: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF

PIEcoin slack channel: https://join.slack.com/piecoin/shared_invite/MjA0MDQ5NDk4NjkwLTE0OTg1NTQ3MjItZDI3NGZiNTMxYw
PIEcoin whatsapp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/9xKByKFl0xgKWZXjJrT17v
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: