Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:07:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PIECOIN REBOOT  (Read 66945 times)
luckytimes

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:37:31 PM

how much is the block reward , do masternodes earn some percentage of the block reward because i think 1% from the transaction fee alone is low

Staking wallets earn a reward as PIE is POS coin. Once total coin amount hits 84 million, staking reward drops to 0%.

So until we have everything running there is the staking reward. Then the transaction fee. 1% is standard. It is a fair return for providing the service of running the network. The value of PIEcoins themselves will increase with the hardcap.

In addition (if technically possible) we will implement a dedication of masternodes to new businesses. This means businesses requiring company formation (taxes) and hiring of staff etc. can be created by owners of masternodes and all transactions going through their dedicated "masternodes" are revenue for their business. Examples include exchange, merchant solutions etc. These are business opportunities that need to be run as such due to legal aspects alone and cannot be handled as a community solution. PIEcoin is the community.

To earn more running just a basic masternode we need to increase transaction volume (profit=1% X volume- costs).

We need to get PIE out to lots of people. We will implement the plan and help the community to grow.

Any updates on how the development is coming along? Thanks

We have found a programmer. Specifications are under work. Then quote. Then donations via escrow. Then implementation. Quote next week.

Awesome! Sounds great Smiley This programmer is going to handle software interface and everything?
AltcoinPortfolio

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:53:28 PM

how much is the block reward , do masternodes earn some percentage of the block reward because i think 1% from the transaction fee alone is low

Staking wallets earn a reward as PIE is POS coin. Once total coin amount hits 84 million, staking reward drops to 0%.

So until we have everything running there is the staking reward. Then the transaction fee. 1% is standard. It is a fair return for providing the service of running the network. The value of PIEcoins themselves will increase with the hardcap.

In addition (if technically possible) we will implement a dedication of masternodes to new businesses. This means businesses requiring company formation (taxes) and hiring of staff etc. can be created by owners of masternodes and all transactions going through their dedicated "masternodes" are revenue for their business. Examples include exchange, merchant solutions etc. These are business opportunities that need to be run as such due to legal aspects alone and cannot be handled as a community solution. PIEcoin is the community.

To earn more running just a basic masternode we need to increase transaction volume (profit=1% X volume- costs).

We need to get PIE out to lots of people. We will implement the plan and help the community to grow.

Any updates on how the development is coming along? Thanks

We have found a programmer. Specifications are under work. Then quote. Then donations via escrow. Then implementation. Quote next week.

Awesome! Sounds great Smiley This programmer is going to handle software interface and everything?

This is the blockchain part. Masternode functionality will be added to the existing PC wallets. Initially the design will remain, due to minimizing costs.

Then there is the new Android wallet. This will have a nice design Wink It is under construction. The Android wallet is another interface to the blockchain and does not store the blockchain. The coins in the wallet, yes. A copy is stored on the blockchain as backup, if the wallet/phone is lost.
alangmotor

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

thank you very much tom.. great job!
and good luck for all piecoin comunnity..
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:50:55 AM

Any information on whom the programmer is? Just curious~

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:31:56 AM

Please join the whatsapp group and ask there. It is a group and the name has been mentioned there already.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________

PIEcoin slack channel for development of PIE blockchain and wallets: https://join.slack.com/piecoin/shared_invite/MjA0MDQ5NDk4NjkwLTE0OTg1NTQ3MjItZDI3NGZiNTMxYw

PIEcoin whatsapp group for general discussion and investing:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/9xKByKFl0xgKWZXjJrT17v
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

Please join the whatsapp group and ask there. It is a group and the name has been mentioned there already.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________

PIEcoin slack channel for development of PIE blockchain and wallets: https://join.slack.com/piecoin/shared_invite/MjA0MDQ5NDk4NjkwLTE0OTg1NTQ3MjItZDI3NGZiNTMxYw

Just curious, I also don't use those chats often. I barely even have time to check these threads! (Same with some other people) I'm encouraged by that though. Is there a release window for the new windows wallet w/ masternodes or still in planning?

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:13:26 PM

Just curious, I also don't use those chats often. I barely even have time to check these threads! (Same with some other people) I'm encouraged by that though. Is there a release window for the new windows wallet w/ masternodes or still in planning?

Ok, I prefer not to publish the programmer group's name here. They can present themselves if they like, but probably prefer not to. I will say that they hold PIE also.

I would think that by the end of July we have the Android wallet, masternodes/social sending and the website (+facebook/twitter) running. The website will be aimed at end users directly. The blockchain/masternode information will be on the site also, but in the background.
luckytimes

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:28:10 PM

Ok, I prefer not to publish the programmer group's name here. They can present themselves if they like, but probably prefer not to. I will say that they hold PIE also.

I would think that by the end of July we have the Android wallet, masternodes/social sending and the website (+facebook/twitter) running. The website will be aimed at end users directly. The blockchain/masternode information will be on the site also, but in the background.

Wow. This is great Smiley Masternodes and social sending by the end of July? I am thrilled to see things moving along so quickly.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:05:10 PM

Wow. This is great Smiley Masternodes and social sending by the end of July? I am thrilled to see things moving along so quickly.

Yes, we need to be careful, but we have the plan. Implementation is realistic by the end of July.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:36:16 AM

Update:

Development on Android wallet, masternodes/social sending and the website (+facebook/twitter) ongoing.

The website will be aimed at end users directly. The blockchain/masternode information will be on the site also, but in the background.

Based on discussions, I will take the end of July timetable back. It is possible, but better to allow things to develop. We are working with limited funding.

If a team of programmers were to work fulltime on the project, it could be done in 2-3 weeks. Due to this reason I will not provide a timetable at this point in time.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

I will have a block explorer set up for PIE. It will include:

- Transaction History
- Movement Activity
- Geographical Node Data
- Rich List
- Market Data
- Mining Difficulty
- FREE Node *
- Block Explorer Support

*99.9% Guaranteed Up-Time on enterprise grade servers, Fast 1Gbps Speeds, Located in France or Canada

There is a one-time setup fee of 0.00405270 BTC (~$14) and a monthly hosting fee of 0.00283689 BTC (~$7)

I will pay this in advance. Donations are welcome to my PIE address: PApHqtQmeH9gm7MYoWT6dhovcVGSPcscFF
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:09:40 AM

For the masternodes I would like to suggest that 10% of transaction fees are paid directly in an escrow for further development. Holders of masternodes would then get to vote on expenditures/projects with a majority vote required.

The remaining 90% transaction fees on the network would be shared equally among active masternodes. What is defined as active? Online during time of settlement for example. The transactions may be implemented off-chain similar to Dash's InstantX. We are looking into technical feasability. Also whether masternodes could be dedicated to new businesses (incentivization). A possibility would also be a revenue share. Something like: 10% for development, 45% for initiating dedicated masternode, 45% equally shared among masternode network.

Any comments or suggestions? 
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:48:30 AM

The Android wallet will be developed on the opensource Bitpay/Copay platform: https://copay.io/
The source code is available on Github for anyone interested: https://github.com/bitpay/copay

The App functions on both mobile devices and laptops. The private key is stored in the App with a secured backup in case the phone or laptop is lost.

The wallet features the following capabilities (we decide which ones we want to enable):

Shared wallet: Like a joint-checking account, your Copay wallet can have multiple users. To send money, the group approves each transaction.

Manage shared funds with friends and coworkers. Share a wallet with your child and introduce them to bitcoin. Copay makes sharing a wallet simple and secure.

Multiple wallets:
Securely store multiple, distinct PIE wallets on one phone/app.

Allowing both business and private funds to be carefully separated. Or family/personal.

Languages: 
Multi-Language Support

Backups: HD Wallet
 Backups with 12-word security. Recovery tool: https://bitpay.github.io/copay-recovery/

Any comments or suggestions what is relevant?

AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:40:54 PM

Update: Due to the 4th of July tomorrow, discussions with blockchain programmers will likely have to be postponed to July 5.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:58:15 PM

The Android wallet will be developed on the opensource Bitpay/Copay platform: https://copay.io/
The source code is available on Github for anyone interested: https://github.com/bitpay/copay

The App functions on both mobile devices and laptops. The private key is stored in the App with a secured backup in case the phone or laptop is lost.

The wallet features the following capabilities (we decide which ones we want to enable):

Shared wallet: Like a joint-checking account, your Copay wallet can have multiple users. To send money, the group approves each transaction.

Manage shared funds with friends and coworkers. Share a wallet with your child and introduce them to bitcoin. Copay makes sharing a wallet simple and secure.

Multiple wallets:
Securely store multiple, distinct PIE wallets on one phone/app.

Allowing both business and private funds to be carefully separated. Or family/personal.

Languages: 
Multi-Language Support

Backups: HD Wallet
 Backups with 12-word security. Recovery tool: https://bitpay.github.io/copay-recovery/

Any comments or suggestions what is relevant?

The Dash Bitcore wallet could be better as we are implementing masternodes: https://github.com/dashpay/bitcore-wallet-service-dash

If we decide to go with off-chain instant transaction settlement on masternodes, it will function properly.
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:50:06 PM

The block explorer exist already:

http://piecoin.thecryptochat.net/
luckytimes

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:51:58 PM

Sounds like progress is being made. Thank you for all of the updates. I think communication is very important. I have a great feeling about Pie coin and cannot wait to see what happens with it Smiley
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:06:19 PM

Update: In the development process I realized that not many people will want their transactions to be followed by anyone typing their publically known social media username in the explorer.

This changes things, but in a good way.

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap
- Anonymous transactions on the blockchain
- Social media username transactions only known to sender and receiver
- Masternodes to host nodes, but we may need to have another vote on the size
- Virtual company: Fully secure instant transactions through mobile and web wallets with low fee structure, maybe 0.2%
- Revenue sharing with masternodes (masternodes get 20% for simply hosting the node)

Participation in the virtual company is via investment. Investors receive 50% of gross revenue according to their investment share. The rest is used as a development fund to secure the long term success of PIE. Investors get to vote on expenditures/other company issues according to their investment in %.

If you are interested, please PM me with the amount of BTC you would be interested in investing (non-binding). This is to know how much interest there is. Further details will be shared with those who send PM with BTC. Messages without BTC amount will be discarded.

On the blockchain, the following steps will be taken independent of this virtual company:

- Hardcap 84 million PIE: implementation in progress
- Masternodes: we are expecting a quote for the price of programming this week. Masternodes will have a public and private key (not private key of coins, but for masternode only). This is to ensure that safety is guaranteed when hosting a masternode on a server. Coins can be held in cold storage. New vote on size of masternode is possible (depending on feedback)

AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:40:13 PM

Update: In the development process I realized that not many people will want their transactions to be followed by anyone typing their publically known social media username in the explorer.

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap
- Virtual company: Fully secure instant transactions through mobile and web wallets with low fee structure, maybe 0.2%
- Revenue sharing with masternodes (masternodes get 20% for simply hosting the node)

Participation in the virtual company is via investment. Investors receive 50% of gross revenue according to their investment share. The rest is used as a development fund to secure the long term success of PIE. Investors get to vote on expenditures/other company issues according to their investment in %.

If you are interested, please PM me with the amount of BTC you would be interested in investing (non-binding). This is to know how much interest there is. Further details will be shared with those who send PM with BTC. Messages without BTC amount will be discarded.

On the blockchain, the following steps will be taken independent of this virtual company:

- Masternodes: we are expecting a quote for the price of programming this week. Masternodes will have a public and private key (not private key of coins, but for masternode only). This is to ensure that safety is guaranteed when hosting a masternode on a server. Coins can be held in cold storage. New vote on size of masternode is possible (depending on feedback)

Discussion here on ANN is welcome!
AltcoinPortfolio

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:57:24 PM

Following features:

- 84 million PIE hardcap

Discussion here on ANN is welcome!

I am discussing with myself Wink Feel free to jump in any time. It will be a good idea to pay the programmer of wallets (virtual company) with PIE. So you can invest some PIE to make the value of your remaining PIE go up and earn a profit share of future revenue. It's a really fair deal I think. So PM with PIE also possible....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: