Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PIECOIN REBOOT  (Read 66946 times)
ghostfaceuk

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:25:42 AM

Hi guys,

Just passing on some info from the wahtsapp channel

there is no further update on masternodes right now, the devs will hear more from the person who will be doing the work once the BTC forking has completely finished.  The new website should be online some time this week barring any setbacks and we have version 3 of the available thanks the hard work of Pikku
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:51:08 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 06:06:14 AM by qiwoman2

Will there be a possibility to run more than 1 masternode on a wallet?

Technically it's possible, there are other coins with masternodes who do have the function to run as many masternodes as you want on the same wallet as long as you have a unique public IP for each. I hope PieCoin will have this function too. Smiley

VPS should be just fine. I'm hoping to run on Windows. For what it's worth, I think PIE coin will be just fine.  Let's give the dev an ample amount of time to get this all started.  I bought first under 100 sats, then sold like an idiot  Cheesy and rebought at 150.  With active development and a strong community, price is sure to go up.  

Now is the waiting period . . . the hardest time to be an investor in crypto.  In the meantime, if you support the project . . put up some buy support on an exchange.  The BCC crap is over now, and hopefully we can get back to business as usual in the alt world.

I actually regret holding now  and not selling at the top to rebuy lower and wish I had sold at 400 and bought in more now at 120, I would have doubled my stash lol. I didn't anticipate this massive correction, so when I am able to get more btc into the exchange I will try scoop up some more at the bottom. I hope to hold at least 400k of it, would be nice. I have a feeling now that what happened was just a pump from some pump group I suspect, as I found out from some random friend on FB he said buy PIECOIN on his wall and he has a lot of followers. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a pumper with a bunch of other peeps. I am holding long term and will try to get more as I like that there is development.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
MrTotoro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:50:57 AM

Technically it's possible, there are other coins with masternodes who do have the function to run as many masternodes as you want on the same wallet as long as you have a unique public IP for each. I hope PieCoin will have this function too. Smiley

VPS should be just fine. I'm hoping to run on Windows. For what it's worth, I think PIE coin will be just fine.  Let's give the dev an ample amount of time to get this all started.  I bought first under 100 sats, then sold like an idiot  Cheesy and rebought at 150.  With active development and a strong community, price is sure to go up.  

Now is the waiting period . . . the hardest time to be an investor in crypto.  In the meantime, if you support the project . . put up some buy support on an exchange.  The BCC crap is over now, and hopefully we can get back to business as usual in the alt world.

I actually regret holding now  and not selling at the top to rebuy lower and wish I had sold at 400 and bought in more now at 120, I would have doubled my stash lol. I didn't anticipate this massive correction, so when I am able to get more btc into the exchange I will try scoop up some more at the bottom. I hope to hold at least 400k of it, would be nice. I have a feeling now that what happened was just a pump from some pump group I suspect, as I found out from some random friend on FB he said buy PIECOIN on his wall and he has a lot of followers. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just a pumper with a bunch of other peeps. I am holding long term and will try to get more as I like that there is development.

Do not regret holding. Imagine a second, if all big holders sell at the highest ... let's say 400. The currency is over for a long time. We are just at the beginning, it is normal to see record attempts  Wink
CryptoPlankton

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:21:28 AM

Do not regret holding. Imagine a second, if all big holders sell at the highest ... let's say 400. The currency is over for a long time. We are just at the beginning, it is normal to see record attempts  Wink

Exactly ! Wise words, everyone should know that and keep that in mind at any time instead of dumping by selling at low prices. One of the best rules crypto's market taught me over the years is that long term is always the way to go to make the biggest profits (except for the shitcoins obviously). A good project always pays off with time, always ! Smiley
Seal Real Deal

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:36:13 AM

Hi all,

I am with PIE from reboot and I think the ideal amount of PIE for MN would be 20-100k. The 100k right now is worth around $600, still very accessible, if we can lock up half of supply into MN (90/2=45mil=450MN) that would secure the network and with staking there's no initial need to more MN for networking needs. Devs please correct me if I am wrong. But 400 hundred sounds like a great number for decentralisation and security.

With more than half of supply locked in MN the coin would get very stable layer of investors. The price will be also stabilised as MN holder are less likely to sell during turmoils, if MN are profitable to run in long run. The problem with small amount of PIE for MN is - less rewards for MN holders, users are more likely to break MN, also it will be lacking exclusivity.

Also there can be two levels of MN if the network would need / could use that.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:22:23 AM

Hi all,

I am with PIE from reboot and I think the ideal amount of PIE for MN would be 20-100k. The 100k right now is worth around $600, still very accessible, if we can lock up half of supply into MN (90/2=45mil=450MN) that would secure the network and with staking there's no initial need to more MN for networking needs. Devs please correct me if I am wrong. But 400 hundred sounds like a great number for decentralisation and security.

With more than half of supply locked in MN the coin would get very stable layer of investors. The price will be also stabilised as MN holder are less likely to sell during turmoils, if MN are profitable to run in long run. The problem with small amount of PIE for MN is - less rewards for MN holders, users are more likely to break MN, also it will be lacking exclusivity.

I think with the supply of 75 million we should have at least 50k per master node, INSANE only has 18.4 million supply and they have 50k for a masternode, so 50k, where there are75 million of these babies, is a good thing. I think any less would make it too much cheapo, let people strive a bit to get 50k and at these prices, it's a steal anyway.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
TechStar

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:57:52 AM

If the MN requirement is above 10,000, that's going to put away a lot of people. IMO it should be either 5000 or 10000.
CryptoPlankton

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:14:29 AM

Hi all,

It's possible to set up a limit of masternodes which can't be exceeded. And anyway, do you really think there will be thousands of masternodes running at the start ? Usually, when masternodes are implemented on a coin, there are only few hundreds if not less at the beginning and it's only after some months, when the coin increase significatively in price that the demand of masternodes grow accordingly to the demand of coins, mostly because of the masternode's ROI which increase itself with the price of the coin. I can tell you from experience that a masternode at the start is always profitable, no matter what, and if you add to that the future potential price of the coin, which can only go up in this case, then you obtain an even bigger profit. Lastly, most of the masternodes coins have 1000, 10000 and 25000 coins for a masternode. You can see it here : https://masternodes.pro/?sort=roi&view=grid
All the existing masternodes coins aren't listed there but there are the major ones. Compare the supply and the required amount of coins to run a masternode and you should come to the conclusion that 5000-10000 coins for a masternode are enough. 20000-50000 could work well too, but over that would be a mistake in my honest opinion. Nonetheless I'm glad to see different opinions on this subject, I'm always looking to confront my ideas with others to learn and to make the best choices for the projects i support.
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 01:00:23 PM

Hi all,

It's possible to set up a limit of masternodes which can't be exceeded. And anyway, do you really think there will be thousands of masternodes running at the start ? Usually, when masternodes are implemented on a coin, there are only few hundreds if not less at the beginning and it's only after some months, when the coin increase significatively in price that the demand of masternodes grow accordingly to the demand of coins, mostly because of the masternode's ROI which increase itself with the price of the coin. I can tell you from experience that a masternode at the start is always profitable, no matter what, and if you add to that the future potential price of the coin, which can only go up in this case, then you obtain an even bigger profit. Lastly, most of the masternodes coins have 1000, 10000 and 25000 coins for a masternode. You can see it here : https://masternodes.pro/?sort=roi&view=grid
All the existing masternodes coins aren't listed there but there are the major ones. Compare the supply and the required amount of coins to run a masternode and you should come to the conclusion that 5000-10000 coins for a masternode are enough. 20000-50000 could work well too, but over that would be a mistake in my honest opinion. Nonetheless I'm glad to see different opinions on this subject, I'm always looking to confront my ideas with others to learn and to make the best choices for the projects i support.

i agree 100k for a 70m sup coin is crazy and screams "i will be worth nothing forever" imo
TheKingInYellow

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:19:57 PM

i agree 100k for a 70m sup coin is crazy and screams "i will be worth nothing forever" imo

You sound frustrated that you didn't buy PIE a few months ago.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
seremas

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:36:44 AM

Hi,

I have just installed the PieCoin wallet.

Does my wallet need to run on my computer 24H/24 for my coins to stake and receive the rewards (20% yearly rate)?
fishfishfish313

Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:15:36 AM

Just downloaded the latest Windows wallet and plan to move my PIE coins from Yobit and Cryptopia.  I only do this with coins that I intend to keep.  With active dev and MN's coming . . this is a good time to accumulate.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
fishfishfish313

Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:16:25 AM

Hi,

Does my wallet need to run on my computer 24H/24 for my coins to stake and receive the rewards (20% yearly rate)?

Typically, yes.  To stake coins the wallet must be opened and running.  I'm going to start staking tonight.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
gliridian

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:43:48 AM

If the MN requirement is above 10,000, that's going to put away a lot of people. IMO it should be either 5000 or 10000.

I agree with this. I think it's good for us to have a low barrier of entry for a masternode so that we can attract more investors. More masternodes more robust the community will become.
CryptoPlankton

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:11:59 AM

Hi,

Fishfish already answered but note that you can run the wallet on a VPS if you don't want to run your computer h24.

I agree with this. I think it's good for us to have a low barrier of entry for a masternode so that we can attract more investors. More masternodes more robust the community will become.

Yes I share the same opinion. Smiley
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:39:43 AM

Hi,

Fishfish already answered but note that you can run the wallet on a VPS if you don't want to run your computer h24.

Yes I share the same opinion. Smiley

O.K I am happy with whatever the Community decides. Some plonker on Nova sold around 190k PIE for 5 sat was he drunk or retarded lol? Whoever picked those up is laughing now. I wish that was me lol but I have to wait to get more BTC in to by more sigh, once btc wallets get out of maintenance. That's how whales get rich on the retarded trading of others. I think I need to learn to put buy orders like that as well, maybe I get lucky like that.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:51:25 AM

Buddy ehoever you were. But if you have any more coins I am ready to buy them even for 10 sats :DDD I am ready to buy all you got Cheesy

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ssb883

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:06:27 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 07:16:48 AM by ssb883

O.K I am happy with whatever the Community decides. Some plonker on Nova sold around 190k PIE for 5 sat was he drunk or retarded lol? Whoever picked those up is laughing now. I wish that was me lol but I have to wait to get more BTC in to by more sigh, once btc wallets get out of maintenance. That's how whales get rich on the retarded trading of others. I think I need to learn to put buy orders like that as well, maybe I get lucky like that.

This is bad. I didn't caught it. The 5 satoshi price dump. It is big profit to make. I hope the guy that dumped made profit and have happy life. Maybe he is content with what he profit and is not very greedy.
Dim89

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:46:49 AM

This is bad. I didn't caught it. The 5 satoshi price dump. It is big profit to make. I hope the guy that dumped made profit and have happy life. Maybe he is content with what he profit and is not very greedy.

Maybe the old dev was dump his coin? Cheesy

I didn't caught it Undecided

This time is impossible to get Pie under 10 satoshi Embarrassed
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 11:51:40 AM

Hello devs, is the Mac wallet that is provided the latest Mac release? Is it safe to transfer all my Pie Coins too? I want to start staking as soon as possible. Also, I think that 100k-200k for a masternode sounds legit. No-one is going to take this project seriously with anything lower than that IMO. Thanks.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: