Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Syncing several blockchains at the same time slower?  (Read 349 times)
elektra (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:32:31 PM

I have downloaded 3 different desktop wallets that are now syncing. It is very very slow and I wonder if the download will go slower if I download all 3 blockchains at the same time vs one at a time in each wallet? It goes so slow so I feel the cap is not with my broadband speed but within the program itself or something so that is why I am wondering if it really matters if I do them one at a time vs all at the same time?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 06:02:23 PM

Doesn't matter if you do them one at a time or all at once.  Might be the CPU that is slow down, really doesn't matter much IMO.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:42:13 PM

Good question. Syncing your wallet is a bit strange. It can take hours yet download only a few mb. So it's not the download. It's the country use to sort those blocks. What I don't understand is if you bootstrap why is that faster ?

It does make a difference yes.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:03:49 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 10:25:01 PM by franky1

even if you have a 100mb connection... if you only have 8 connections of 0.5mb sent to you.. you are only getting 4mb at a time
so the delay is more so on th other end getting to you rather than what you can get... much like the issues of torrents

so its all dependant on how many connections you have and their speeds more so than what your computer can take

even things like raspberry Pi can handle being a node. so a normal desktop/laptop being more powerful logically means its not really your computer or the nodes fault. but the connections.

its reasons like this i said months ago nodes need a 'speedtest' /benchmarking function built in so that it can work out what it can cope with and find the most efficient connections to make.

EG high score (lots of capability) get treated like a supernode(High level seed(torrent analogy)) allowing more connections. if crap score, it would be more down in the cesspit core is creating to be more of a leacher

but to answer the OP's question
you should be fine.. it is time consuming anyway, but usually most people just let it sync and do other things like watch movies, play games while they wait

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
elektra (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:56:12 PM

Doesn't matter if you do them one at a time or all at once.  Might be the CPU that is slow down, really doesn't matter much IMO.

Do the CPU matter though for the download? I do some CPU mining at the same time. But I dont see any differance from what I can see when I shut down the mining
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:52:34 PM

Do the CPU matter though for the download? I do some CPU mining at the same time. But I dont see any differance from what I can see when I shut down the mining

For the download no, but it is running the wallets. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: