Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:17:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Bitcoin Transaction #10 - the biggest yet. What will it be?  (Read 693 times)
bitcoincito (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:37:44 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 03:12:48 PM by bitcoincito

My name is Bitcoincito.

4 years ago I started a journey to make enough buy-sell bitcoin transactions to eventually buy a house.

I started with a simple coin - and it eventually turned into 3.1 bitcoin. In the meantime, I bought bitcoin wallets, physical bitcoins by Casascius, a bitcoin painting and more. You can read about it projectbitcoin.com

I took a long hiatus, but I'm back to finish this project strong. I am seeking to make a very thoughtful purchase for 3.1 bitcoin. If you have something you'd like to sell to me, and you'd like to be a part of a meaningful project to explore the possibilities of bitcoin, please reply to me here - or message me - and share what you'd be willing to sell. Look forward to hearing from you!

-Bitcoincito

bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:17:50 AM

Thanks for your support! I've thought about a car - might make the most sense. Would love any other ideas or opportunities - beyond the signed copy of the White paper Smiley - bitcoincito

A signed copy of the White paper,

Joking of course but I look forward to the next purchase. 3.1 is getting close to the $10,000 mark I assume things are going to be harder to flip for. At this point I am expecting a car of some sort.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 03:28:36 AM

Wow...what an amazing journey. I am sure Bitcoin has really made a big mark on your life. And I am happy that you decided to continue the journey. I would be amazed if one day you can buy a ranch or a farming estate all coming from the small Bitcoin that you started. Your story is adding more zest and excitement to the world of Bitcoin.

I am personally wishing you more luck and energy. One day you can be a legend.
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:12:43 PM

Thanks for your support iamTom123. It has been a wonderful journey, and I'm excited about the transactions that can support bringing it full circle and completing it. I believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin community, and it's been my opportunity to show another side of the possibility of bitcoin and the expansiveness of the global bitcoin community.

Wow...what an amazing journey. I am sure Bitcoin has really made a big mark on your life. And I am happy that you decided to continue the journey. I would be amazed if one day you can buy a ranch or a farming estate all coming from the small Bitcoin that you started. Your story is adding more zest and excitement to the world of Bitcoin.

I am personally wishing you more luck and energy. One day you can be a legend.

Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:22:41 AM

Actually, it's a bit difficult to see someone want try to make international transaction only with bitcoin. I only can say i'm looking forward your journey and i will check your websites sometimes when i remember.
I think you could buy/sell digital goods easily since some merchants already accept bitcoin, but looks like you only want to buy/sell physical goods.

When you get a decent number of coins together, then maybe someone will hit you up, but that is nowhere near what it takes to manipulate the world.  That is a base investment and most of the people here can drop 3.1 in a short period of time if needed. 
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:45:14 AM

You should just hang on to those until they are worth something.  At the moment, you don't even have $10,000, that is nothing in this forum and on the exchanges that means even less than it does here.  Put the coins in a safe place and go on with your hiatus, there will be something like real value there in a few years perhaps, either way you are still going to be behind the rest of the pack.
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

Definitely not hanging onto them, as there is work to do Smiley

I am excited to figure out my next purchase with 3.1 BTC. It has to be something unique, special, and enduring.

If you have any ideas, or you'd like to sell me something, please reply or PM.

Thanks!
Bitcoincito
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:16:04 PM

I do have three domain names that could be worth very much in 5 years from now. Today together, they are appraised at 2500-3000 USD, but in 5 years if everything is in their favour, their price could go up. The three domain names are

litecoin.science
restaurants.men
googl.loan

I am not asking for 3.1 bitcoins for them, if you want to have them we can discuss starting from their today appraisal price.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:25:47 PM

I am excited to figure out my next purchase with 3.1 BTC. It has to be something unique, special, and enduring.

Thanks!
Bitcoincito

I can sell you a song for 3.1 BTC

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:48:44 PM

Seriously, thanks for the offer of a song! Really... I appreciate it Smiley

As far as intentions, I'm looking to play with someone in something exciting that can mean something for the Bitcoin community going forward. I'm not yet quite sure what that is. But even if you want to brainstorm some ideas (... especially if you have something of value that's worth buying), happy to do it with you!

-Bitcoincito

Thanks!
Bitcoincito

I can sell you a song for 3.1 BTC
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:39:47 PM

I was thinking and thinking, I can sell you something else from my domains.

I can sell you some stamps or a series of stamps. If you do not want to buy from me, this is my advice, try and buy some good stamps, their value will appreciate.  (I know this, stamps are worth having them, their value is appreciating with time, more than the bitcoin value). Bitcoin is from 2010, but some special stamps are from hundreds of years.  

soham

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:08:48 PM

Thanks for your support! I've thought about a car - might make the most sense. Would love any other ideas or opportunities - beyond the signed copy of the White paper Smiley - bitcoincito

I won't suggest you to buy car using your 3.1 bitcoin because car is a depreciating investment. The value of your car will decrease over time. I respect that fact that, car is not always looked as an investment. It is mainly for commuting. But it is also important to look at your profits from bitcoin. So instead of buying a car for personal use, buy a car with commercial registration and rent it out to your local taxi service like Uber or Ola. With 3.1 bitcoin, I can buy a nice sedan car in my country and can rent for higher value taxi services. I think that will be good idea because you will earn some decent amount of money from it which will help you to maintain your project for bitcoin for longer term. Wish you all the best!

▄████▄       
██████       
▀████▀       
▀██████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
▄▄█████  ▄██████████████████▄
▄██████▀██  ████████████████████
▄█████▀    ▀  ████████████████████
▄█████▀         ███ ████████████ ███
██████▀          ███ ████████████ ███
███████           ███ ████████████ ███

▄████▄                  ███████   
██████                 ▄██████     
▀████▀                ▄█████▀     
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄    ▄█████▀       
▄██████████████████▄  ██▄ █████▀         
████████████████████  ██████▀▀           
████████████████████  ██████▄             
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                     
███ ████████████ ███                       
  [    |    ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███            ▀████████
███  ███████  ▄  ▀██████
███           ██▄  ▀████
███  ███████  ████▄  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
███  ██████████████  ███
███                  ███
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
  ] 
FACEBOOK  )   (  TWITTER  )
  SUBSCRIBE NOW!!! 
INSTAGRAM  )  (  LINKEDIN  )
Squidoogeek

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:15:55 PM

I could be your exclusive content writer turning out several articles a day for several months for 3.1 bitcoin, lol. Seriously though, I see this was posted in June; did you make up your mind on what to buy for that much?
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

For 3.1 Bitcoin these days, you could buy a brand new car. It is pretty crazy to think, but definitely realistic as there are many of them on the market these days for under $20,000.
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:42:40 PM

Hi all, I have 3.1 btc to make a purchase for my 10th transaction with Project Bitcoin. I'd love some serious ideas and inquiries to work with, and I'd love to connect with anyone who'd like to help or be a part of this project.

For those who don't know about Project Bitcoin: My goal has been to turn a coin into a house through some international bitcoin transactions. I started with a simple Peruvian coin. Worked with a metal worker to turn it into a (bit)coin, and I've have made increasingly large internally transactions toward the eventual purchase of a house. That's gotten me to 3.1 btc. A picture of the last transaction is below. Look forward to connect with some people around ideas and serious inquiries. This has been my own little way of showing off the power of bitcoin.

PS Here's transaction #9 for 3.1 btc.

And here's transaction #1 for the original coin I created with a metal worker:
bitcoincito (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:31:01 AM

Updating with my latest blog post here: http://www.projectbitcoin.com/blog/31-bitcoin-to-spend-a-house-and-two-important-events. For those that don't want to click, it's below. If you're interested in contributing to the project, please reply or message me! - Bitcoincito

In 2014, I started Project Bitcoin as a simple, inspired idea: I wanted to turn a Peruvian Sol coin (worth about 30 cents) into a house through a series of international transactions using bitcoin.

I hoped to shine a light on the capacity of bitcoin to change lives and support increasingly large decentralized, global transactions. And oh yeah, I wanted a house too!

The project had quick - and exciting - success.  Between January and July of 2014, I made 10 transactions that turned my Peruvian Sol into 3.1 bitcoin worth a over two thousand dollars.

It was a ride. You can read about all of my transactions (including the fake 18th century statue supposedly owned by Paul Revere) here…

In July 2014, with 3.1 bitcoin and momentum on my side, I threw myself into trying to figure out my next, great transaction.

Then life happened. Or, a bit more specifically, tragedy struck my small family. When I wasn’t working, I prioritized my time to be with someone I love.

As life improved over the last few years, I’ve thought about Project Bitcoin a lot. I’ve wondered whether I’d find the courage to finish what I started. I didn’t know.

Time can be powerful inertia. As days of inaction became months… and months became years, I believed I’d learned the answer: I had given up on Project Bitcoin.

But sometimes the universe (and Bitcoin) have more in store for us than we can imagine for ourselves. For me, two important events happened that have me writing today:

1. The price of bitcoin skyrocketed. My 3.1 bitcoin that was once worth $2,000 - is now worth about $50,000. It was once hard for me to see how I could make enough bitcoin transactions to buy a house. Bitcoin has now made it easy for me to see that road.

2. My wife and I had a child three months ago. It’s a long story, but our daughter is a miracle: years of devastating losses, and finally a living, breathing baby. I want her to know her father as someone who dreams big, and sees those dreams through until they become reality.

So today the dream continues.

I need to make a transaction using up to 3.1 Bitcoin. It will be a big, special transaction, and it will be one of at least eight remaining transactions before I will attempt to buy a house with my Bitcoin; a house acquired through a few international Bitcoin transactions that began almost four years ago.... with one simple coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: