Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodbye to Godaddy (New choice will be SONM)  (Read 1170 times)
USBitcoinServices.Com (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:32:53 PM

everybody here says how its great, but nobody explained to me how it would actually work. Can you imagine how large can some websites be?

With the SONM project, everybody will be able to rent out their unused hard drive/storage space from their computers, there is where things get interesting, SONM project team are working to provide the algorithm that can handle that. So no matter how big each website is because the offer will be big enough to handle the web hosting request from the market and the prices will be way cheaper because it will be peer to pee

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:39:34 PM

everybody here says how its great, but nobody explained to me how it would actually work. Can you imagine how large can some websites be?

With the SONM project, everybody will be able to rent out their unused hard drive/storage space from their computers, there is where things get interesting, SONM project team are working to provide the algorithm that can handle that. So no matter how big each website is because the offer will be big enough to handle the web hosting request from the market and the prices will be way cheaper because it will be peer to pee

ok p2p, hosted on users drives and shared, i can understand this.
And what about bandwidth? won't it be loading too slow?
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:11:50 PM

This might be interesting. I might start using it as well when they release it.
USBitcoinServices.Com (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 06:59:36 PM

As we know Sonm offers universal supercomputer worldwide

Something like Golem, Iex.ec? If i am not mistaken

Lets say for web hosting on blockchain

Do people still be able to have their site on the www platform? i mean lets say we point our nameserver to Sonm, will our website accessible via web browser and shows on google?

Have not much knowledge on how web hosting work

Perhaps it will show on brave the new internet browser/explorer that is native in cryptography if I am correct.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: