Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we going to 5,000 $/btc ?  (Read 5316 times)
tonlong

Activity: 726
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:54:06 PM

I personally think bitcoin will increase but not expecting $5000 by this year without any big events. I think $5000 in 2018.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:13:12 PM

Stay careful, this might be a real bear this time!
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:26:55 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 12:21:52 PM by Mpamaegbu

Is it possible to reach 5,000 $ /btc this week or next week ?

Nah! I don't even think we can get to the $5,000 price now, not even in July or August. It may be possible before the end of this year because I strongly believe 2017 is the year for Bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:51:03 AM

Nah! I don't even think we can get to that price in July or August. It may be possible before the end of this year because I strongly believe 2017 is the year for Bitcoin.

Yeah, that may take another 2 years before it reaches that big price, it reaches $3000 price but it just go back to normal. It can't stay in that price maybe because the users are being happy with that price and selling their bitcoins because it is a good price and profit.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:20:09 PM

Nah! I don't even think we can get to the $5,000 price now, not even in July or August. It may be possible before the end of this year because I strongly believe 2017 is the year for Bitcoin.
no, it is not possible that bitcoin will be reach 5,000 $ to till the end of 2017, I think may be it will reach 5,000 $ to till the end of 2018 because it depend on investors if they invest their money in bitcoin, so the price of bitcoin will be reach 5,000$ very faster.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:59:43 PM

Nah! I don't even think we can get to that price in July or August. It may be possible before the end of this year because I strongly believe 2017 is the year for Bitcoin.

Yeah, that may take another 2 years before it reaches that big price, it reaches $3000 price but it just go back to normal. It can't stay in that price maybe because the users are being happy with that price and selling their bitcoins because it is a good price and profit.
not i think we are going to cross 5000$ very soon, we are not going to wait for 2 years but it is expected that we will cross 5000$ in 2018. because still people are buying bitcoin which is increasing the demand a decreasing the supply, and therefore the price of bitcoin is also increasing. and those people who are holding bitcoin from a long time they are also not ready to sell their bitcoin but still holding it and they are expecting that the price to increase more.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:10:11 AM

If we are talking about possibilities, then yes, it is possible that Bitcoin will reach 5000 USD by next week. Who knows, right? Bitcoin never seizes to amaze anyone from us and maybe, just maybe, Bitcoin will give us that surprise. However, if this amount is reached within a week, we might see a sudden drop from that peak. It might bring a bad news for users if that happens.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:22:06 AM

If we are talking about possibilities, then yes, it is possible that Bitcoin will reach 5000 USD by next week. Who knows, right? Bitcoin never seizes to amaze anyone from us and maybe, just maybe, Bitcoin will give us that surprise. However, if this amount is reached within a week, we might see a sudden drop from that peak. It might bring a bad news for users if that happens.
and that's correct mate its much better to climb little by little and allow the growth naturally, if btc support really bring the value to that level well that's a good news for all of us since support will not allow the certain fall but like what we always did just invest the money that can afford to lose as fluctuation always preset with btc value.
buenav

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:28:37 AM

I personally think bitcoin will increase but not expecting $5000 by this year without any big events. I think $5000 in 2018.

Its pumped super fast over the past weeks and doubled in under a month. Assuming that happens again, or even if it pumps much slower I don't see why $5000 won't happen this year.
x2666

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:38:12 AM

Its pumped super fast over the past weeks and doubled in under a month. Assuming that happens again, or even if it pumps much slower I don't see why $5000 won't happen this year.

That's a big assumption. Bitcoin could be valued much higher already and probably would be if it were going to go up to $5,000 this year. I think this 3k price we recently reached was way too much about 2x the real value. $900-$1300 was where we left the ground. USDT manipulation and disallowing of withdraws on bitfinex and more.... caused a bunch of illogical market action that grew into exuberance and irrationality as new people came on board. Exchanges have become more comfortable with big risk because their users are carrying their huge risk burden by default.

I hope a bear makes a killing. These last 3 months have been fishy as hell and I know they like fish.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:58:30 AM

Unlikely, $5000 is a fortune and not everyone could afford to stay an active trader, we need to grow in value slowly, pumping the price will cause a real bubble to form and when it bursts it will further disappoint investors and new comers then you'll see people coming here and talking about a bubble and spread negative energy around here.
Something like a $100 increase would be nice every week to allow day traders and investors to prioritize their schedules.
However I really don't care about current prices.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:19:23 PM

yes you are right it is bot possible that the price of bitcoin reach 5000 dollars in a week or July or August because the price of bitcoin is not reach to even 3000 dollars, its price is now about 2500 dollars and it is impossible in even in this year or next that the price reach to 5k $ but i think may be this will be possible in the end of 2018 or in the beginning of 2019.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 07:56:44 PM

It won't becausee there is too much hapenning with Bitcoin at the moment.

Still no scalability fix and our Bitcoin just got threatened by Jihan because of the UASF coming soon on August 1st.
https://blog.bitmain.com/en/uahf-contingency-plan-uasf-bip148/

Considering all that has happened recently, I imagine that Bitcoin is only alive because it is the pioneer in the world of cryptocurrencies and is already accepted and stamped as the "virtual currency" all over the world. Just compare Bitcoin with other currencies in the market and you will see how expensive our fees are, how slow our transactions are and how divided our community is, which ends up destroying the currency and its growth in the future.

I imagine we could have hit the $5000 some time ago if it wasn't for all this problems keeping Bitcoin's growth stuck.

Keep your Bitcoin, but also buy promising coins like Dash, Decred and Litecoin just in case.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:19:04 PM

Still no scalability fix and our Bitcoin just got threatened by Jihan because of the UASF coming soon on August 1st.

Considering all that has happened recently, I imagine that Bitcoin is only alive because it is the pioneer in the world of cryptocurrencies and is already accepted and stamped as the "virtual currency" all over the world. Just compare Bitcoin with other currencies in the market and you will see how expensive our fees are, how slow our transactions are and how divided our community is, which ends up destroying the currency and its growth in the future.

I imagine we could have hit the $5000 some time ago if it wasn't for all this problems keeping Bitcoin's growth stuck.

Keep your Bitcoin, but also buy promising coins like Dash, Decred and Litecoin just in case.

But in a case that bitcoin survived that August 1 happening, surely bitcoin will give us another new trend. The hype it will build will become more stronger and soon that $5,000 target is achievable.

Honestly Im worry with that as time closes by but like in the past, there are lots of major events that wants to changed what bitcoin is but never become a succesful. Hoping for the best here.
Heartilly

Activity: 697
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:44:54 PM

So what is the exactly will happened on August 1?  What are some of the effect that it will give to bitcoin?

Is the price decrease now prior to the date have higher chances or just a FUD to take profits? We compare bitcoin fees now to other cryptos because other cryptos doesn't have a high price today and demands and usage are not too much.
Mark537

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:12:40 PM

So what is the exactly will happened on August 1?  What are some of the effect that it will give to bitcoin?

I'd like to know this as well. Seems like a lot of FUD is going around about this date
DustyRah

Activity: 530

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:28:29 PM

There are some things coming up in a couple months. That MAY drive the price up but for the next month or so we may actually dip down in price below $2000. Now is the time to book profits, after June is over, its not a good idea to sell because the price may abruptly start to rise.
CardShare

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 09:31:20 PM

Stay careful, this might be a real bear this time!

I agree.  From what I watch in the markets I am starting to see a trend in the money flow index X volume,  I think we could have some manipulation in the markets to keep us at this mark.
I think before we see any more sharp rising. we are 100% guaranteed a setback in the price.

Be careful.

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
CardShare

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 09:34:00 PM

So what is the exactly will happened on August 1?  What are some of the effect that it will give to bitcoin?

Is the price decrease now prior to the date have higher chances or just a FUD to take profits? We compare bitcoin fees now to other cryptos because other cryptos doesn't have a high price today and demands and usage are not too much.

So, what will happen on Aug 1st 2017?

Well, the basic story is that a majority of the bitcoin nodes will try to force the miners to implement a protocol upgrade proposal called BIP148.

They will try to do this to end the stalemate between the various parties in the block size debate which has stalled the evolution of Bitcoin over the last year or so.

Transaction fees are very high right now because of this.
This may play out in a couple of different ways but basically, your main concern should be a possible chain split after a fork.

A chain split will result in two different tokens. This happened to Ethereum last year and it has happened to other cryptocurrencies too.

If you don’t control your keys during a chain split three main things may happen:

Your bitcoin balance will stay the same and you will be able to use that bitcoin token as usual.
Your bitcoin balance will be zero over night since your wallet chose the wrong chain
Your wallet provider will offer you a chance to keep your token balance on both chains or to choose one of them

If you do control your keys you will have the same balance on both chains and you will be able to trade one for the other, effectively increasing your total bitcoin balance. In the case of a chain split there’s a big chance that bitcoin will lose its value, however. Either way, you’re better off knowing what you’re doing and in Bitcoin there’s no way of faking that. Now go on and educate yourself! Google BIP148, Segregated Witness, cold storage, soft forks and hard forks! It’s your donkey that’s on the line!

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoins-independence-day-could-users-tip-the-scales-in-the-scaling-debate/

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
Jon Connor

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:52:13 PM

If Segwit is activated now we will be at $5000 very quickly. Markets hate uncertainty. Either way Segwit will be activated August 1st via UASF BIP 148. A chain split may or may not occur its too early to tell. Just make sure your have your bitcoin off exchanges and in a cold storage wallet where you control your keys by August 1st in case it does happen.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: