Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:25:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Writing on the Wall  (Read 9844 times)
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:35:03 PM

Certainly not a good place for the faint of heart though.

Like 99% of the rest of society that could have actually added and real goddamn value, to what now WHOLLY amounts to a speculator's community Fleshlight.

Let me how many strokes you last...

i really want to coddle you, and tell you some sweet bed time stories.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synaptic (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:36:15 PM

Fortunately I disposed of all 10 of them on Mt. Gox just last night on a hunch that some kinda shit was going to happen.

I'm pretty insightful that way.

And thanks for being a patsy.

Cheers.

wait... 10? really? come on man, do you have to fill the forums with all this hate over *10* btc?

I have been playing therapist over the phone to a friend who just majorly bought into this shit on Friday.

He's pretty much fucked now, and probably out of his girlfriend too, and is probably going to have to move out.

Unless he can still find enough suckers to sell out his holdings to before the price completely crashes...

DamienBlack

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:41:27 PM

Fortunately I disposed of all 10 of them on Mt. Gox just last night on a hunch that some kinda shit was going to happen.

I'm pretty insightful that way.

And thanks for being a patsy.

Cheers.

wait... 10? really? come on man, do you have to fill the forums with all this hate over *10* btc?

I have been playing therapist over the phone to a friend who just majorly bought into this shit on Friday.

He's pretty much fucked now, and probably out of his girlfriend too, and is probably going to have to move out.

Unless he can still find enough suckers to sell out his holdings to before the price completely crashes...

After the sell off, prices bounced right back to 15. Tradehill is still selling around 14, everything is fine. Quit your lame doom spreading. You do it all the time, on every subject and none of us believe you. Have over. You just fill every thread with crap. Give it a rest.
paulie_w

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:42:23 PM

where to begin? btc is a LONG bet -- he should know that. and if a little bit of gambling is enough to cause a split... come on now.

it sounds like your friend suffers from a bit of stupidity/naïvete, but that doesn't mean you have to spit it back in OUR faces.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:45:40 PM

Aww you didn't benefit from the actions of a scammer. So sad. Stop spreading your doom and gloom shit. No-one cares.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:47:09 PM

LOL people are so flimsy. Did you not expect grand events like this as Bitcoin rises? Did you not expect calamities?

There was no issue with the Bitcoin protocol or code. It was one business (albiet a very important one) that was hacked. Many more will be hacked! Many more will lose money in the ups and downs of a volatile new market. Have some nerve for crying out loud.

Bitcoin is just getting started, calm the F down. And PM me if you want to sell me your coins.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:47:36 PM

where to begin? btc is a LONG bet -- he should know that. and if a little bit of gambling is enough to cause a split... come on now.

it sounds like your friend suffers from a bit of stupidity/naïvete, but that doesn't mean you have to spit it back in OUR faces.

He got caught up in the altruism and potential of BTC, not the speculation side.

Now that he finally sees clearly what I was telling him from the beginning, his optimism is gone, and he's not only emotionally destabilized, but financially destabilized.

Added to the fact that I don't give a fuck about you or anyone else here as a person, and yeah, I'm apt to be en garde.  
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 09:50:28 PM

Time will tell if this is Bitcoin's darkest moment or finest hour.

please explain under what situation can this be bitcoin's finest hour lol

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:55:00 PM

I agree with the OP.

It doesn't matter what the truth is.

Public always get carried away by whatever the dumbass media tell them. Public are too ignorant to see beneath the headlines.

This will destroy BTC. If I owned any right now, I'd dump my entire holdings and cash in. With prices elevated as they are in recent days, you have nothing to lose by doing so.

Yes, drive the actual price down to 0.1.
Is the OP a dirt-bag troll (no offense intended) or a real person?

oneforall

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:55:54 PM

There are different kinds of people on this planet, they can be broken down into many different groups, one set of groups they can be broken into are these:

A)Those motivated to do research and make informed decisions. This is the natural, birth state of an awe-filled species.
B)Those not motivated to do research and make informed decisions. This is the state that many people are tricked/scared into.

This recent development will surely cause less (B)s to adapt because they will be told not to adapt by the media, and that is all they have to go off of. (A)s are not going anywhere because they know that what was compromised was some guys webpage in japan, not the structure of bitcoin itself. (A)s will continue to be rewarded for the effort it takes to make informed decisions. it is for the best that (B)s don't have large amounts of money. Bitcoin is fantastic at converting (B)s to (A)s, depending on how hardcore a (B) you are, that is how hard it will be for you to convert.

So, by all means, if you are (B) then please sell your coins, we need as much money in the hands of (A)s as possible for the future of our planet.
paulie_w

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:57:26 PM

He got caught up in the altruism and potential of BTC, not the speculation side.

Now that he finally sees clearly what I was telling him from the beginning, his optimism is gone, and he's not only emotionally destabilized, but financially destabilized.

Added to the fact that I don't give a fuck about you or anyone else here as a person, and yeah, I'm apt to be en garde.  

so you're 'right' now -- but what about later? like I said, LONG bet.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:58:54 PM

I agree with the OP.

It doesn't matter what the truth is.

Public always get carried away by whatever the dumbass media tell them. Public are too ignorant to see beneath the headlines.

This will destroy BTC. If I owned any right now, I'd dump my entire holdings and cash in. With prices elevated as they are in recent days, you have nothing to lose by doing so.

Yes, drive the actual price down to 0.1.
Is the OP a dirt-bag troll (no offense intended) or a real person?

Dirt bag troll, reporting in!

And according to a couple of other GENIUS posters here, a Gubmit supported and paid for troll!
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 09:59:30 PM

so you're 'right' now -- but what about later? like I said, LONG bet.

Yeah.

Good luck with that.
Astrohacker

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 10:01:01 PM

Since the media already reported the "crash" from a week ago, they will probably report this too. But it doesn't matter. This hack has nothing to do with bitcoin itself. We have always known things like this are going to happen; the road is going to be "bumpy" as Gavin has said. But bitcoin itself remains secure. The only reason this hack will be a problem is because people will overreact (like Synaptic). But people will calm down in time.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:03:55 PM

You admit being a troll Synaptic, why are you trying to harm the project and other people?

Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:05:58 PM

Since the media already reported the "crash" from a week ago, they will probably report this too. But it doesn't matter. This hack has nothing to do with bitcoin itself. We have always known things like this are going to happen; the road is going to be "bumpy" as Gavin has said. But bitcoin itself remains secure. The only reason this hack will be a problem is because people will overreact (like Synaptic). But people will calm down in time.

You just don't get it do you?

All of you kiddos have this incestuous love for bitcoins and keep saying that a family that plays together stays together.

Well guess what dude, bitcoin is fucking dead to the eyes of the public now. That's it. What happened today is the end of anything that was going to happen in the wider market.

I'm not over-reacting in the least bit.

See me in a week/month/year and tell me I'm wrong.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:07:39 PM

Don't agree. Very good for disasters happen while Bitcoin is still in fringe use.
Developers of bitcoin and exchanges need to wake up to the significant flaws in their products.
Best outcome would be competition with a product containing similar features. Second best is just for bitcoin to be attacked while it is weak.
DamienBlack

Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:10:24 PM

All of you kiddos have this incestuous love for bitcoins and keep saying that a family that plays together stays together.

Well guess what dude, bitcoin is fucking dead to the eyes of the public now. That's it. What happened today is the end of anything that was going to happen in the wider market.

Troll fodder.
Synaptic (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:13:39 PM

Troll fodder.

"Despite various inducements, none of the royal magicians or advisors can interpret the omen."

Sure thing, Damian.  Keep humping that monkey.
NO_SLAVE

Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:16:02 PM

People make up your own minds, dont read all this rah rah. Im done with BTC, should have went with my gut when the
hacks and other garbage started. Its a criminal hacker currency, at some point the mob will control it, whether its a hacker mob or russian mob or whatever.
I had most of my money pulled out, the rest was making a trade today at 17.49 did it get filled I have no clue.  I hope not. DONE. Probably too late....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: