Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Exchange do you use?  (Read 1897 times)
fajrero (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:10:43 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 02:13:04 AM by fajrero

Before buying my first Bitcoin, I did some research as to what would be the "best" Bitcoin Exchange for me. A number of people, books, and websites recommended Coinbase, and I eventually decided to go with them.

Now, it seems that everyone I talk to says to stay away from Coinbase (though, before so many people were recommending it). I am not that happy with their services; their limits are too low and raise too slowly. For instance, I need to spend $1,000+ in order to raise my limit via debit card, but the max I can buy per WEEK is $10 worth of Bitcoin. That is insane.

Anyway, could you guys please tell me what exchanges you use?

I even hesitate to ask because I am sure there are many people with an agenda who will simply push their exchange, and I won't end up with a good answer. But I am that a number of the replies to this post will be genuine and from people that want to help.

Thanks,

-Faj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:32:53 AM

a lot of complaints on Coinbase because they are most popular, normal stuff
You can choose from bitstamp, kraken, btc-e, poloniex and bitfinex. Most popular ones Smiley
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:17:24 AM

I'm currently using Poloniex, SimpleFX, HitBTC, Kraken, Bittrex, ALFAcashier, ShapeShift.io and BTC-E. I used to trade interchangeably between these exchanges. I do that to see which exchange offers lower fees to their transaction and also if the other exchange hasn't listed the coin I wanted to trade.

Now some of the traders I know referred me to Coinigy as it has a list of 45 supported bitcoin exchanges and their available features. Plus, you can make your trade/exchange there using your smartphone, which is very convenient. I haven't tried it, though, but looking forward to checking it in the future if I have more coins to trade or exchange.

iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:56:10 AM

I'm currently using Poloniex, SimpleFX, HitBTC, Kraken, Bittrex, ALFAcashier, ShapeShift.io and BTC-E. I used to trade interchangeably between these exchanges. I do that to see which exchange offers lower fees to their transaction and also if the other exchange hasn't listed the coin I wanted to trade.

Now some of the traders I know referred me to Coinigy as it has a list of 45 supported bitcoin exchanges and their available features. Plus, you can make your trade/exchange there using your smartphone, which is very convenient. I haven't tried it, though, but looking forward to checking it in the future if I have more coins to trade or exchange.

From my experience, POLO is pure cancer. My funds have been locked up there for over 21 days. No one answer support tickets. They tell you to email support@whatever and nobody answers that either. They won't let me withdraw my funds for no reason. Just stuck at "awaiting approval". Seriously consider not using them.

Coinbase has never done this to me.

For trading and using an exchange HitBTC/Cryptopia/BTC-E all have worked flawlessly for me. Cryptopia I messed up something and they actually helped me within 4 or 5 days and recovered my funds, they are great.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:32:36 AM

There are several exchanges where you can get bitcoin. I use exchanges like Localbitcoin, Unocoin.
Localbitcoin is a best way to purchase and sell bitcoins i guess.
I have also kept a personal dealer in contact with me. Whenever i require small amount bitcoins, i purchase from him.
fajrero (OP)

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:13:45 AM

Thank you for all of the replies, guys.

I was looking into Kraken, but I am not very comfortable with having to give them my social security number. I will check out a few of the others mentioned.

There are several exchanges where you can get bitcoin. I use exchanges like Localbitcoin, Unocoin.
Localbitcoin is a best way to purchase and sell bitcoins i guess.
I have also kept a personal dealer in contact with me. Whenever i require small amount bitcoins, i purchase from him.

I would like to use Localbitcoin, but I am not familiar with many of the payment methods one can use; WebMoney, advcash, Payeer, and so on. I see some people except Paypal, but their prices tend to be much higher, for some reason (currently all Paypal prices (in USD) are well over $3000/BTC, aside from one guy).

Which payment method do you prefer?
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:05:46 AM

Are you talking about a trading exchange? Right now, I am using Bittrex though many of my friends are using Poloniex which is quite good also.

Now since you talked on Coinbase which is a wallet service provider, I am right now using CoinPayments and our local Coins.Ph here in my country.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:46:19 AM

Currently most of the exchanges ask for ID proof, and since I am not very comfortable in providing the same, things are getting a little bit difficult here. Fortunately, BTC-e is still not asking for any ID or residence proof. So I am using them for BTC-Alt trading. And for converting my BTC to fiat, I am using the Localbitcoins exchange.
picklepit

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:50:50 AM

I like BTC-e but I cant sell my ZEC there. Why do you think they no support zcash because its very big right now. I am mining zcash with contract but need somewhere to get it changed to BTC. The site I use converts to BTC but does not do it well. Hopefully zcash keeps going up. Long live ZEC
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 05:25:48 PM

In market there so many exchange sites which offer their service. I have been used a limited number of exchange site based on their reputation and service quality. Here, I'll like add poloneix, bittrex, liqui something like this. You can take their service without any reason.
jumbo

Activity: 79
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

For altcoins I use Poloniex, Bittrex, Hitbtc - these are the most technology advanced crypto exchanges and liquidity is there.

For USD/EUR i use Kraken and CoinBase (GDAX).
charlescoin

Activity: 182
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:15:18 PM

Most people here have listed altcoin exchanges like bittrex and poloniex but if you are only buying bitcoin then these won't work. Everyone will say something bad about any and every exchange so you can only try them and see if you personally like them.

I personally go with bitstamp and have never had any problems at all but if you are depositing with a card you will find hefty fees, but a bank transfer is free.
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:50:15 PM

Try out BTC-E

It looks really from 90-s, however it works.

I am just not sure the accept credit cards. If its the only suitable payment method for you - take a look at Cex
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:38:22 PM

Just use Poloniex, Bittrex, or Kraken. They are good exchange. Don't use Coinbase. They are selectively scamming their customers there and have a poor customer service. I often use Poloniex. It has a mobile view which is i need because i only use mobile. But often have a lot of problems recently like withdrawing problem and delays on orders. Don't know why. Maybe the large volume of traders there that causes the problem or maybe an attack on their system.
collac

Activity: 175
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:22:11 PM

I use Liqui, Poloniex, and cryptopia, never had an isue with them..

"You just keep pushing.You just just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing" R. Descartes
Markley

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:48:05 PM

try out gemini, they are professionals in a sea of amateurs

Before buying my first Bitcoin, I did some research as to what would be the "best" Bitcoin Exchange for me. A number of people, books, and websites recommended Coinbase, and I eventually decided to go with them.

Now, it seems that everyone I talk to says to stay away from Coinbase (though, before so many people were recommending it). I am not that happy with their services; their limits are too low and raise too slowly. For instance, I need to spend $1,000+ in order to raise my limit via debit card, but the max I can buy per WEEK is $10 worth of Bitcoin. That is insane.

I even hesitate to ask because I am sure there are many people with an agenda who will simply push their exchange, and I won't end up with a good answer. But I am that a number of the replies to this post will be genuine and from people that want to help.

Thanks,

-Faj
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 02:26:33 PM

I very much like Poloniex. It is huge, with high volume trading and the great lending option to get interest from your BTC quite safely.

I also like cryptopia a lot. There are altcoins that you can only trade there and chat is quite fun.

Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:28:05 PM

I use yobit, novaexchange, cryptopia, tradesatoshi and that's what I can think of now. I started with yobit the rest came around and I gave them a chance and have been using hem ever since. Sometimes an exchange doesn't support a coin I collect so I use many exchanges to solve this problem.
xDreamscape

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:08:44 PM

So far I've used Coinbase, Bittrex, and Cryptopia. I think next I will try Poloniex.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:10:36 AM

I like bittrex the most, but poloniex has the biggest volume. I use bitstamp to get bitcoins themselves and then use about 4-5 smaller other exchanges from time to time. But mainly just bittrex and poloniex as those 2 are the biggest exchanges for altcoins
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: