Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX1080ti's: Better Options?  (Read 13505 times)
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 07:43:03 PM

Just for reference, I have a 4U 3X EVGA 1080 TI FE rig, OCd and tuned, pumping over 2200 sols @ 885 watts on the kill a watt meter.

Stable and hashing away for a week now. Evan dumped it on ZEN for a few days and snagged some coin.

My temps arent ideal... my garage is NOT a decent place to host in the summer... but I have a COLO rack opening in a few days and that will stabilize my temps.

885 with overhead isn't too bad IMO... its on an i7 6700K with a water cooler and extra drive space so it will also be acting as a node... so there are a few extra watts being pulled that could be trimmed by low end CPU, cooler and an SSD.

Otherwise, the above rig pulls in at least $25 a day at current rates and I never cash out at calced rates. On ZEN it made $60 a day easy till yesterday.

What is ZEN?  Sorry just got back into mining so dont know all the terms yet.  So your setup you are ming Zec(Zcash)?  Are you using EWBF?  That matches up with  my mining stats.  I was pulling around 720 Sol on a single 1080ti Auros @ around 300 Watt total system.   You should try ccmineralexis78 Skein only.  I was mining Zec and found switching over raised my profits by 30% or more for now.  I want to get some more cards and get a setup like yours going.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:03:17 AM

it seems that the best 1080ti is the asus strix, has best cooling and it's not so loud, the next one is EVGA extreme

Just for reference, I have a 4U 3X EVGA 1080 TI FE rig, OCd and tuned, pumping over 2200 sols @ 885 watts on the kill a watt meter.

Stable and hashing away for a week now. Evan dumped it on ZEN for a few days and snagged some coin.

My temps arent ideal... my garage is NOT a decent place to host in the summer... but I have a COLO rack opening in a few days and that will stabilize my temps.

885 with overhead isn't too bad IMO... its on an i7 6700K with a water cooler and extra drive space so it will also be acting as a node... so there are a few extra watts being pulled that could be trimmed by low end CPU, cooler and an SSD.

Otherwise, the above rig pulls in at least $25 a day at current rates and I never cash out at calced rates. On ZEN it made $60 a day easy till yesterday.

What is ZEN?  Sorry just got back into mining so dont know all the terms yet.  So your setup you are ming Zec(Zcash)?  Are you using EWBF?  That matches up with  my mining stats.  I was pulling around 720 Sol on a single 1080ti Auros @ around 300 Watt total system.   You should try ccmineralexis78 Skein only.  I was mining Zec and found switching over raised my profits by 30% or more for now.  I want to get some more cards and get a setup like yours going.

zen is a copy paste of zcash, another equihash clone with good profitability, it was good because you would get 1:1 with zclassic swap, back to a certain number of block mined

lexele

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:43:00 PM

it seems that the best 1080ti is the asus strix, has best cooling and it's not so loud, the next one is EVGA extreme

What is ZEN?  Sorry just got back into mining so dont know all the terms yet.  So your setup you are ming Zec(Zcash)?  Are you using EWBF?  That matches up with  my mining stats.  I was pulling around 720 Sol on a single 1080ti Auros @ around 300 Watt total system.   You should try ccmineralexis78 Skein only.  I was mining Zec and found switching over raised my profits by 30% or more for now.  I want to get some more cards and get a setup like yours going.

zen is a copy paste of zcash, another equihash clone with good profitability, it was good because you would get 1:1 with zclassic swap, back to a certain number of block mined

Actually, Zen is a fork of Zclassic and is supposed to diverge from Zcash code unlike Zclassic.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:37:20 PM

Just finished my Beast Mode Build today.

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:31:24 AM

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.

Shocked

Details? Esp. power supply config! And how is it performing?
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:17:53 PM

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.

Shocked

Details? Esp. power supply config! And how is it performing?

A pair of 1300s can handle this easily and without risers. Those Asrock boards with 4 PCIe X16s man...

You could def build this in rackmount form in a pair of 4 ups with those boards... the GTX 1080s fit and run nicely!

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 12:21:59 PM

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.

we would be very interested in the details ...

especially connectivity - models and specs of equipment and configuration ...

8 is never easy to build - and that would have been a specific way to build ...

share all details please? ...

#crysx

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.

#crysx
I think he did 2 rigs per 4 1080ti ))
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

8 x 1080 TIs.

very clean build.

#crysx
I think he did 2 rigs per 4 1080ti ))

o ok ...

tanx mate ...

the safest we have currently in one system is 5 x gigabyte aorus 1080ti extreme ...

the moment a 6th goes on - it refuses to work with the nvidia drivers ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: