Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by ilovebitbit  (Read 898 times)
hiloh (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:21:55 PM

I sent ilovebitbit 10 LTC to trade for BTC.  ilovebitbit never sent the BTC. He gave the usual lies stating he sent it but of course provides no proof because he's a scammer.
jetset220

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:35:15 PM

do a search before you buy. Search the buyer  AND the person trying to "prop" up their reputaion.... and always always always use escrow... despite what anyone says.

Have a nice day
ilovebitbit

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

First off.. I never scammed you. Isn't it funny I let a mod check mp PMS and you were nowhere to be found??? You rejected a trade from me.. and now you are mad obviously! I always tell ppl I will use John K as escrow.. so how could I scam with escrow.. dumbass..
jetset220

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:24:50 PM

If you buy or sell from here, use an escrow service or a marketplace like bitmit.

Too many scammers trolling the personal message service here. They will steal from you. They will get you to download .exe files calling them "escrow". Don't fall for any of it. Do a search here for reputable escrow agents. Don't take my word for it either. Do a quick search and educate yourself to avoid being scammed.
zero3112

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:29:13 PM

Careful everyone let this be a warning to everyone.

I got scammed from another scammer like ilovebitbit.  He said the exact same words How could I scam with escrow.  So long story short I agreed to trade with him but only with escrow.  He then claimed he setup escrow and forwards a message that look like its from John K. I then go ahead and send the money. Then I never receive anything.  The guy keeps stalling then he doesn't reply. Never sends XRP like he says for BTC.

BEWARE scammers are now faking escrow messages and tricking you into sending them money do not assume the escrow is safe unless you can verify that it is a real escrow.  Always make sure to contact the party in change of the escrow beforehand to make sure if the escrow is indeed real.

First off.. I never scammed you. Isn't it funny I let a mod check mp PMS and you were nowhere to be found??? You rejected a trade from me.. and now you are mad obviously! I always tell ppl I will use John K as escrow.. so how could I scam with escrow.. dumbass..

zero3112

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:32:58 PM

Also dont trust the quotes below they can be edited easily like this just let me change I never scammed you.  And now look below.

First off.. I scammed you. AND NOOO I am not giving you your money.. dumbass..

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:34:56 PM

I sent ilovebitbit 10 LTC to trade for BTC.  ilovebitbit never sent the BTC. He gave the usual lies stating he sent it but of course provides no proof because he's a scammer.

You should post LTC transaction info and your chatlog/PM with him. (Take screenshots)
ilovebitbit

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:55:06 PM

Careful everyone let this be a warning to everyone.

I got scammed from another scammer like ilovebitbit.  He said the exact same words How could I scam with escrow.  So long story short I agreed to trade with him but only with escrow.  He then claimed he setup escrow and forwards a message that look like its from John K. I then go ahead and send the money. Then I never receive anything.  The guy keeps stalling then he doesn't reply. Never sends XRP like he says for BTC.

BEWARE scammers are now faking escrow messages and tricking you into sending them money do not assume the escrow is safe unless you can verify that it is a real escrow.  Always make sure to contact the party in change of the escrow beforehand to make sure if the escrow is indeed real.

But the problem here is that i never dealt with him. So whats the point? ALWAYS USE ESCROW. Sorry it happened to you but you should always PM escrow
ilovebitbit

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:56:02 PM

Also dont trust the quotes below they can be edited easily like this just let me change I never scammed you.  And now look below.

First off.. I scammed you. AND NOOO I am not giving you your money.. dumbass..

plus he can't because he 100% doesnt have proof. I asked him a while ago to post proof he said he didnt need to smh
nutnut88

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 11:17:58 PM

ilovebitbit IS A SCAMMER! HE JUST SCAMMED ME!
PLEASE BAN HIS IP!
jetset220

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 12:27:20 AM

use escrow if buying/selling to avoid scams in the pm system.. if you are sending first, then you are setting up escrow not them, their escrow could be fake!!!

use the search feature to find good escrow options.

Too many scammers trolling the personal message service here. They will steal from you. They will get you to download .exe files calling them "escrow". Don't fall for any of it. Do a search here for reputable escrow agents. Don't take my word for it either. Do a quick search and educate yourself to avoid being scammed.
zero3112

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

Why no scammer tag  Huh

zero3112

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:23:14 PM

Any updates on why no scammer tag?

zero3112

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:37:56 AM

use escrow if buying/selling to avoid scams in the pm system.. if you are sending first, then you are setting up escrow not them, their escrow could be fake!!!

use the search feature to find good escrow options.

Hahaha I see jetset220 finally got his scammer tag.

temperature

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:59:34 AM

wow and i almost did a trade with him... filthy bastard
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: