Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:54:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Low hash rate with 2 RX580's  (Read 13978 times)
Reptar0nIce (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:59:49 AM

Hi all. I just set up a couple GPU's in my PC (figured I'd start small before jump into a 6 GPU mining rig, and you can't find cards anywhere). Right now I'm pulling 45ish Mh/s, but after researching I feel like I should be able to get 55-60. I've already done the bios mod (changing the memory timin I believe). I followed a couple guides, yet when I down clock my core clock, and increase my memory clock I only get 11 Mh/s per card. I'm not sure what steps I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: sorry, forgot to add some info. I'm trying to dual mine using Claymore (latest version) ethereum and siacoin (my siacoin hashrate is 1400 Mh/s, don't know if this is good or not). I'm on 17.4.4 AMD drivers. I'm pool mining on Nanopool. And the cards are both PowerColor RX 580's. One is a Red Devil and the other is a Red Dragon.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:24:56 AM

Hi all. I just set up a couple GPU's in my PC (figured I'd start small before jump into a 6 GPU mining rig, and you can't find cards anywhere). Right now I'm pulling 45ish Mh/s, but after researching I feel like I should be able to get 55-60. I've already done the bios mod (changing the memory timin I believe). I followed a couple guides, yet when I down clock my core clock, and increase my memory clock I only get 11 Mh/s per card. I'm not sure what steps I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: sorry, forgot to add some info. I'm trying to dual mine using Claymore (latest version) ethereum and siacoin (my siacoin hashrate is 1400 Mh/s, don't know if this is good or not). I'm on 17.4.4 AMD drivers. I'm pool mining on Nanopool. And the cards are both PowerColor RX 580's. One is a Red Devil and the other is a Red Dragon.

your SIA intensity is too high, decrease it and your ETH hashrate will go up.

Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:18:04 AM

your SIA intensity is too high, decrease it and your ETH hashrate will go up.

Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot when I get back home.

Will that also help when I change the core and memory clock speeds? I'm hoping to decrease my power usage.
Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:17:18 AM

I tried your suggestion and lowered the intensity for sia.  That seemed to help a little, but I'm not able to really get over 48=50 mh/s.  I've tried upping the memory clock, but I seem to get a BSOD when I push it up to 2200.  Anyone have other suggestions?  I'm currently mining just ETH, and still seeing the same hash rate.
Jackblow33

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:18:15 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 10:39:30 PM by Jackblow33

Maybe, starting up from scratch could be an option.

-Try with just one card first.
-Uninstall driver with:   [Guru3D.com]-DDU
-Install latest drivers, Im using 17.5.2
-Reboot
-atikmdag-patcher-1.4.5

If it still the same after that steps, questioned yourself about your modded bios? Wich brand of ddr your gpu have?
GPU-Z.2.1.0 to identify your ddr.

Mining Eth +SC now with pretty conservative settings (Ulta-stable) and got on my test pc Eth=57-58 mh\s, SC= 865 mh\s with just rx570 4g, could go up to almost 60 but lose some stability. Guess you should have 60-62 easy with your rx 580.
Im using -dcri 15 with Claymore 9.4 and it doesn`t affect my Eth hashrate.
Just take a look at my settings and see how my cards are not pushed that hard and still produce result with 100w.
http://imgur.com/a/ituG3

Here is a batch file that is working:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal Your_ETH_wallett_address.Name_of_your rig -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://us-west.siamining.com:7777 -dwal Your_SC_Wallet_address.Name_of_your_rig -dcoin sia -dcri 15

Just choose the pools you want and edit the batch file.

Good luck!
va23boam

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

I tried your suggestion and lowered the intensity for sia.  That seemed to help a little, but I'm not able to really get over 48=50 mh/s.  I've tried upping the memory clock, but I seem to get a BSOD when I push it up to 2200.  Anyone have other suggestions?  I'm currently mining just ETH, and still seeing the same hash rate.

1. load gpuz see what memory the cards have
2. Make sure u have edited the correct timings some have 1: some 1: & 2:
3. Load amd go to wattman global reset all settings.
4. Run msi afterburner and overclock/underclock select run windows startup
5. Possibly reboot  and test with claymore 9.4
6. try connect monitor to gpu then close restart claymore
7. Use -dri 10 for dual siacoin dual mining so eth isnt effected

Currently Mining: BTC,ETH,SC
Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:50:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give them a try when I get home.  The RAM on the cards I have is Samsung.
Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:19:42 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 03:31:18 AM by Reptar0nIce

Got home and played around with things a little.  I started with the Red Devil card.  I verified that the straps were set correctly.  I was able to get 29 mh/s with this card by itself!  Core was at 1100, and memory at 2100.  Upping the memory to 2200 seemed to drop hashing down to 11?  

Then I moved onto the Red Dragon.  It looked like I missed changing the memory straps on this one.  After making the changes I tried mining with it alone and am only getting like 18 mh/s Sad.  Looks like the memory is Hynix?  Is that the reason it hashed so low?

I might have to just sell the Red Dragon I guess and try to find another Red Devil.

ETA:  The Red Dragon seems to be all over the place with the hashing power.  It varies from 5 to 18.
va23boam

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:23:47 AM

Got home and played around with things a little.  I started with the Red Devil card.  I verified that the straps were set correctly.  I was able to get 29 mh/s with this card by itself!  Core was at 1100, and memory at 2100.  Upping the memory to 2200 seemed to drop hashing down to 11?  

Then I moved onto the Red Dragon.  It looked like I missed changing the memory straps on this one.  After making the changes I tried mining with it alone and am only getting like 18 mh/s Sad.  Looks like the memory is Hynix?  Is that the reason it hashed so low?

I might have to just sell the Red Dragon I guess and try to find another Red Devil.

ETA:  The Red Dragon seems to be all over the place with the hashing power.  It varies from 5 to 18.

Nope dont sell it its definitely  a setting somewhere. All 570 and 580 hash around the same

With 2 diff cards maybe try use the amd tool to over clock. Or turn the sia intensity down with the +/- buttons on num pad (claymore 9.4)

After you do an overclock with msi afterburner/amd wattman always close/restart claymore. Out of interest whats the siacoin hash? Is it the same as the red devil or more as this would indicate an intensity problem.

Otherwise id suggest the over clock has only been appied to the 1 card.

U can select the red dragon in the gpu option in msi after burner and confirm the over click is applided to it?

stna1981

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:20:44 AM

I have a similar issue. With a Sapphire ITX RX470, I only get around 22 MH/s at stock speed and maybe 23 Mh/s with memory up to 2000. How much would other memory timings / BIOS mod affect the result? I've read about people getting up tp 30 Mh/s out of a RX470, is this also possible for RX570, and is this only becuase of the changed memory timings?!?
Ahead

Activity: 74

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:16:19 PM

Hi,

First of all, start with ETH only mode. Not dual mining. Once you are happy with the results in single mining mode (ETH hashrate), then start to experiment with dual mining and whatever coin (DCR/SIA/etc...)

Trying to fine-tune both coins (dual mining) from scratch is a pain... since you don't have a reference of what is the maximum hashing power of each card on ETH.

stna1981

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:21:47 PM

I did not use dual mining to get my first results, so all figures are ETH only... Sad
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

I did not use dual mining to get my first results, so all figures are ETH only... Sad

My reply was for the person that started the thread, but it may help others too.

Since I have a 7x rx470 rig (asus strix OC 4G), I can share some settings with you.

Did you made bios mod on the cards? (copy 1500 timings to all the boxes under 1500 in polaris bios?)
If yes, then the setting's I'm using on MSI afterburner are as follows:

Core Voltage: -96 (can't go -100)
Power Limit: -50 (ETH only mining) and +0 (for dual mining)
Temp Limit: 90
Core Clock: 1110
Memory Clock: 1950
Fan speed: Auto

I'm getting 27,8 Mhs for ETH only, and 20,1 Mhs ETH + 605 Mhs SIA (dual mining)

Hope you can replicate the setup and get your hashrate up

stna1981

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:52:40 PM

Is it really the lower timings that is responsible for the almost 20% higher hashrate or also other factors?
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:14:23 PM

Is it really the lower timings that is responsible for the almost 20% higher hashrate or also other factors?

My cards with stock bios and settings are hashing at 21,5 Mhs
Modded bios let's you push the cards and lower the power consumption
It is up to you if you want to do it or not. (since it voids warranty on the cards in many cases)
Also the memory manufacturer of the cards is crucial. My Elpida memory cards are hashing a little higher than the Hynix memory cards (1-2 Mhs)

One other thing you can check to see if your overclock settings are working OK is to check for memory errors (card memory errors)
To do so, I use HWinfo (google it and install it, it's free).
Start the program in "sensors only mode", scroll to the bottom (or almost the bottom) and search for the "memory errors" field for each card. (each card is listed in it's own set of info)
Check if you get too many errors there. If so, try lowering the GPU memory clock until you get 0 errors.
Also keep in mind that when you change setting in MSI afterburner (or whatever program you use to change overclock your card) the mining software should be stopped (closed)
And between tests, restart the rig (just to be safe that everything is starting from 0 on your tests)

va23boam

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:53:48 PM

My reply was for the person that started the thread, but it may help others too.

Since I have a 7x rx470 rig (asus strix OC 4G), I can share some settings with you.

Did you made bios mod on the cards? (copy 1500 timings to all the boxes under 1500 in polaris bios?)
If yes, then the setting's I'm using on MSI afterburner are as follows:

Core Voltage: -96 (can't go -100)
Power Limit: -50 (ETH only mining) and +0 (for dual mining)
Temp Limit: 90
Core Clock: 1110
Memory Clock: 1950
Fan speed: Auto

I'm getting 27,8 Mhs for ETH only, and 20,1 Mhs ETH + 605 Mhs SIA (dual mining)

Hope you can replicate the setup and get your hashrate up

I also have a rig woth 6x asus strix oc rx 470 (all hynlix)

I did 1500 strap up to 2000
-60 core volt
1140  core
1920 mem
Fan auto or 65%

In open air frame on powered usb 3 risers with biostar tb85

Getting 27.5mhs ethereum  and 270mhs sia coin per card @ 90w each stable with a 2 month uptime

Soon as i try snd push 1950 ish very unstable

va23boam

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:59:50 PM

I have a similar issue. With a Sapphire ITX RX470, I only get around 22 MH/s at stock speed and maybe 23 Mh/s with memory up to 2000. How much would other memory timings / BIOS mod affect the result? I've read about people getting up tp 30 Mh/s out of a RX470, is this also possible for RX570, and is this only becuase of the changed memory timings?!?

A modded bios is definitly required if u want to get anything over 26mhs. If u dont want to do bios mod buy gtx 1070s. These u can just adjust with msi afterburner  and u be at 30mhs after u click the mouse

stna1981

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:06:21 PM

How much can the 1070 reach in XMR
Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:28:08 AM

I really for the life of me can't figure out what the issue is.  I'm trying to set up the Red Dragon itself.  I copied the timings from 1500 to everything under it, yet it's still hashing at the same rate.  I even copied the 1750 to 2000 as well.  When I try to raise the memory clock up to 2100 it goes DOWN.  This is one ETH mining only.  Maybe I got a bum card?
Reptar0nIce (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:12:00 AM

So I've been playing around with this for the last couple days and still haven't been able to get past 22 my/s on the red dragon card. Anyone else deal with something like this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: