Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:48:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBar Didn't Pre-Mine, they were just conveniently ready  (Read 4828 times)
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:34:24 PM

Imagine the multitudes at their keyboards peeing into bottles, afraid to run to the bathroom for fear of missing the narrow launch window of the next scam coin.  

Seriously, I lol'd.

People, please dont bother with scamcoin pump n dumps. Just focus on BTC, LTC, and Netcoin when its finally released.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:29:40 AM

It's interesting when people argue that anyone could start mining in 2 (1, 5, 15, 30, whatever) minutes.
So they mean they see an announcement, download and build the code (which they haven't even heard of before!), or even worse, the binaries, and launch it on their machines right away?!
Just another facepalm.

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:33:14 AM

It's interesting when people argue that anyone could start mining in 2 (1, 5, 15, 30, whatever) minutes.
So they mean they see an announcement, download and build the code (which they haven't even heard of before!), or even worse, the binaries, and launch it on their machines right away?!
Just another facepalm.

Most (I hope) run the code in a VM or sandboxed install.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:35:36 AM

Just another facepalm.

Got one you'd recommend?
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:45:43 AM

Just another facepalm.

Got one you'd recommend?

I use VirtualBox, which is free.

There's also VMWare, and Sandboxie.
baloo_kiev

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:34:22 AM

Just another facepalm.

You're right, but there are still questions. One has to create a new VM instance (or clean an existing one), configure it (open/close network ports) and point miners to it. I'm trying to imagine those "early adopters" awake 24/7, with running spare clean VM, hitting F5 on the forums watching for another scamcoin announcement  Smiley. Of course, it's possible but highly unprobable  Undecided.

I just can't get how the developers could write the coin, test it (as they claim), and after all the hard work mess everything up with instant launch (just like any altcoin before). Is that greed, that nobody can overcome? Will we ever see an altcoin with really fair launch, with pre-announcement and public testing in testnet for at least a month? Or maybe there will be a documented coin some day? I hope so.

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 03:36:17 AM

I personally dont really like the idea of their being different reward levels for the first few days. And i consider that a premine, although not as bad as PPcoin, its still rewarding those in the know, over those about to be in the know.

I'm saying this and i had my miner up by block 25 and earned alot of easy bitbar. But the coin was obviously there to benefit a few in the beginning.

Greed seems to be happening alot lately.

But how fair can a release be? Because there is always going to be someone who nows more then others. Predetermined limits that give exponantial gains in the beginning, in my opinion are not the way to test the fairness system though.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
baloo_kiev

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:44:15 AM

But how fair can a release be? Because there is always going to be someone who nows more then others. Predetermined limits that give exponantial gains in the beginning, in my opinion are not the way to test the fairness system though.

I can't understand what the problem with a fair launch is. Release the (documented) code, launch the testnet, define genesis block as hash of future Bitcoin blocks (say, hash of sequence of hashes of Bitcoin blocks xxxx00 to xxxx10, which will be mined in about a month or two after the code release). Is that that hard? They could even include their reward in the genesis block, which will be still more fair than traditional "instant launch".

ymer (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:40:35 AM

I personally dont really like the idea of their being different reward levels for the first few days. And i consider that a premine, although not as bad as PPcoin, its still rewarding those in the know, over those about to be in the know.

I'm saying this and i had my miner up by block 25 and earned alot of easy bitbar. But the coin was obviously there to benefit a few in the beginning.

Greed seems to be happening alot lately.

So you had your miner ready in 43 seconds?

http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/BitBar?count=2016&hi=2015

Phucking shills
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: