Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:49:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining directly to Bittrex?  (Read 6399 times)
samhayne (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:49:59 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 12:12:11 PM by samhayne

Hi!

I'm totally confused where I can mine to.

First I mined to Jaxx - bad idea they say.
Then I minded to Bittrex - now I saw some general advises that exchanges "don't like" being mined to.
Cryptopia says: no.
Kraken says: ok for Bitcoins. (?)

Similar problem to MusicCoin. Mined to the web address... but when trying to transfer the coins to an exchange I saw a last minute warning that I should transfer to exchanges via the client wallet. DAMN!

I tried to avoid having to download the whole blockchain (for every coin I mine) but... is there no other way?
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 10:01:38 AM

Hi!

I'm totally confused where I can mine to.

First I mined to Jaxx - bad idea they say.
Then I minded to Bittrex - now I saw some general advises that exchanges "don't like" being mined to.
Cryptopia says: no.
Kraken says: ok for Bitcoins. (?)

Similar problem to MusicCoin. Mined to the web address... but when trying to transfer the coins to an exchange I saw a last minute warning that I should transfer to exchanges via the client wallet. DAMN!

I tried to avoid having to download the whole blockchain (for every coin I mine) but... is there no other way?

Why can't you just mine to the qt wallet of each coin you are mining?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
samhayne (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:11:43 PM

To the... qt... wallet.
You mean the each coin's official wallet where I need to load the whole blockchain?
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:17:10 PM

I've mined zec and lbry to bittrex, never had a warning.

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:52:37 PM

it is not that they "don't like it" it is the problems that is going to cause them and their system!
it is an automated code that you will screw up if you mine to your address there Smiley
when newly coins are generated they need to become old enough to become spendable, it is to prevent double spends by miners and orphaned blocks that have invalid reward when they become orphan or if a fork happened.

that means if you mine to an exchange address they have to design a new system to finds these "undependable" deposits and suspends your account until they become "spendable". so it is easier just to prevent you from mining to their address and have you deal with the "waiting time"

so unless an altcoin that you are mining doesn't have what i just described you can't mine directly to the exchange wallet.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:26:34 PM

it is not that they "don't like it" it is the problems that is going to cause them and their system!
it is an automated code that you will screw up if you mine to your address there Smiley
when newly coins are generated they need to become old enough to become spendable, it is to prevent double spends by miners and orphaned blocks that have invalid reward when they become orphan or if a fork happened.

that means if you mine to an exchange address they have to design a new system to finds these "undependable" deposits and suspends your account until they become "spendable". so it is easier just to prevent you from mining to their address and have you deal with the "waiting time"

so unless an altcoin that you are mining doesn't have what i just described you can't mine directly to the exchange wallet.

Then increase the amount you need to earn before your pool sends it. I had it set to 0.01 zec payouts forever on bittrex and no problems. It needed 30 confirmations before it became spendable but no problem there. Lbry I had set to 100, now to 25. It takes a few hours before my pool confirms and sends the coins and never had a problem.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: