Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins are not scams?  (Read 4788 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:44:59 PM

For those that consider Feathercoin a scam, I invite you to our messageboard and take a poke around. Not everyone is going to like us, I learned that back in 2nd grade. Believe me, I'm okay with it.  We have an active community, people willing to help miners and projects to help move us into more mainstream adoption. Improvements are being proposed for the coin and we're soliciting feedback from those in our community.

You don't have to support us, but it would be nice if you have a few minutes to understand who we are as a community. We're not going away, period. There's so much talent wasted on here. If we learned how to cooperate rather than constantly knock each other down, we'd all be better off. I wish everyone the best in their respective coins.

You are the most obvious Feathercoin shill ever. Every post you make is about Feathercoin and how great it is.

Sorry to be rude, but just STFU already.

No one is buying it....
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

For those that consider Feathercoin a scam, I invite you to our messageboard and take a poke around. Not everyone is going to like us, I learned that back in 2nd grade. Believe me, I'm okay with it.  We have an active community, people willing to help miners and projects to help move us into more mainstream adoption. Improvements are being proposed for the coin and we're soliciting feedback from those in our community.

You don't have to support us, but it would be nice if you have a few minutes to understand who we are as a community. We're not going away, period. There's so much talent wasted on here. If we learned how to cooperate rather than constantly knock each other down, we'd all be better off. I wish everyone the best in their respective coins.

You are the most obvious Feathercoin shill ever. Every post you make is about Feathercoin and how great it is.

No one is buying it....

The same can be said about people like you who come into the ALT coin area and "shill" about how every coin besides LTC and BTC are scams. Dont like it dont buy it or even participate...in fact dont even look at the alt coin area. You have no skin in the game unless your worried that your "investment"...(LTC and BTC ) might take a hit and you have to share the market.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:51:06 PM

For those that consider Feathercoin a scam, I invite you to our messageboard and take a poke around. Not everyone is going to like us, I learned that back in 2nd grade. Believe me, I'm okay with it.  We have an active community, people willing to help miners and projects to help move us into more mainstream adoption. Improvements are being proposed for the coin and we're soliciting feedback from those in our community.

No one is buying it....

I can't help you with your anger issues. So let's take a minute to address your thoughtful post:

1. Shill - I invited you to the community, obviously I'm involved. I simply asked to visit and make an intelligent determination. I realize some here take a different route. Can't please all the angry people.

2. Sorry to be rude - I've read your comments, this is your 'thing'. I'm not upset, I enjoy reading your comments. No-one is this angry, you do a good job at getting a rise out of people. I find it funny. cheers.

3. STFU - Cute

4. No-one is buying it - See #1

Enjoy your day and wish you the best.

kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:58:07 PM

Guess which one this one is?

Is it bitbar?

Ding Ding Ding ♫♪♫♪♫ YOU WIN!!!

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:07:52 PM

I can't help you with your anger issues. So let's take a minute to address your thoughtful post:

1. Shill - I invited you to the community, obviously I'm involved. I simply asked to visit and make an intelligent determination. I realize some here take a different route. Can't please all the angry people.

2. Sorry to be rude - I've read your comments, this is your 'thing'. I'm not upset, I enjoy reading your comments. No-one is this angry, you do a good job at getting a rise out of people. I find it funny. cheers.

3. STFU - Cute

I'm just stating the obvious that possibly no one else is willing to say. I am not angry. Smiley

I actually post in other topics for other coins and support them... not just Bitcoin and Litecoin. Hell, right before you made that post I posted my support of BTC/LTC/NMC/DVC/PPC.... I also post my support of new INNOVATIVE currencies, but not copy cats.

But at this moment in time, Bitcoin and Litecoin are the safest investments in the cryptocoin community. To say otherwise you'd be lying. All others are like penny stocks, sure they could live and thrive in the future, however they are huge gamble. A "safe" investment in Bitcoin/Litecoin will still outpace any other investment outside the cryptocoin community... I am not greedy.

And you are pretty much the Feathercoin community you're always talking about... every "project" thread on the Feathercoin forums was started by you. You are pushing Feathercoin more than anyone else, that makes you a shill.

You can maybe say I am a shill for Bitcoin/Litecoin, but this is from almost a year of research on crypto currencies. I would not suggest anyone to invest in anything else at this moment in time. Maybe one day the other coins catch up, or have a bigger community and development, but today is not that day and they could die just as fast as they were created.
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

Coin: Maybe we make this a bit interesting? If you're interested in a debate concerning alt currencies, maybe we can arrange something offline. If you're in the US, I'd even pay for your ticket. We could use escrow services here on Bitcointalk.

We could broadcast it and possibly draw additional attention to all coins. Just think, you could get the joy of telling me to STFU in person.  Not interested in a #$# match here.. drop me a PM and let's see if we can figure out terms. I'm back in the states on Monday, I'll have some free time to work out details then.

Come on, you know Bitcointalk wants a blood bath.  I'm just a shill for FTC, what could my middle aged *ss possibly know. Wink

I'd be comfortable using someone like XorXor for escrow. If not, that's fine.

Cheers!

justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:13:56 PM

3. STFU - Cute

I'm just stating the obvious that possibly no one else is willing to say. I am not angry. Smiley

I actually post in other topics for other coins and support them... not just Bitcoin and Litecoin. Hell, right before you made that post I posted my support of BTC/LTC/NMC/DVC/PPC.... I also post my support of new INNOVATIVE currencies, but not copy cats.

But at this moment in time, Bitcoin and Litecoin are the safest investments in the cryptocoin community. To say otherwise you'd be lying. All others are like penny stocks, sure they could live and thrive in the future, however they are huge gamble. A "safe" investment in Bitcoin/Litecoin will still outpace any other investment outside the cryptocoin community... I am not greedy.

And you are pretty much the Feathercoin community you're always talking about... every "project" thread on the Feathercoin forums was started by you. You are pushing Feathercoin more than anyone else, that makes you a shill.

You can maybe say I am a shill for Bitcoin/Litecoin, but this is from almost a year of research on crypto currencies. I would not suggest anyone to invest in anything else at this moment in time. Maybe one day the other coins catch up, or have a bigger community and development, but today is not that day and they could die just as fast as they were created.

Great, this should be a lively debate!

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:21:35 PM

My first thought: You've got to be kidding... lol

My second thought: Do you live in a cool place in the US that I'd want to come visit?   Smiley

My third thought: This would be much easier and cheaper if it were done over Skype or a similar service. Although- there is not much to debate IMO, I could tear every argument you have in favor of Feathercoin apart in 0.00000001 seconds flat.  Wink
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

In my opinion, Every alt-coin that do not try to solve a global problem that Bitcoin has is a scam coin. Also the ones trying to solve problems to benefit themselves as early adopter or only benefits a subset of the cryptocurrencies community and not the big picture.

That of course does not mean you can't dump and pump and make some BTC_BTC on your way out.  Grin

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:29:39 PM

My first thought: You've got to be kidding... lol

My second thought: Do you live in a cool place in the US that I'd want to come visit?   Smiley

My third thought: This would be much easier and cheaper if it were done over Skype or a similar service. Although- there is not much to debate IMO, I could tear every argument you have in favor of Feathercoin apart in 0.00000001 seconds flat.  Wink

Oh, I much rather have this debate in person. As I mentioned, I'd pay for your roundtrip and we could work out some type of food arrangement. I'm not really concerned with that cost, it's the advantage of being old. Smiley

Maybe it's time we break away from these little bubbles and start bringing more mainstream attention. Anyway, PM me and we can figure out details.  More than anything else, it would be fun. We can decide on the rules and the panel.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:36:55 PM

Oh, I much rather have this debate in person. As I mentioned, I'd pay for your roundtrip and we could work out some type of food arrangement. I'm not really concerned with that cost, it's the advantage of being old. Smiley

Maybe it's time we break away from these little bubbles and start bringing more mainstream attention. Anyway, PM me and we can figure out details.  More than anything else, it would be fun. We can decide on the rules and the panel.

I actually kind of agree. I love to debate about crypto currencies, that's how I spend most of my time on here... arguing/debating with someone about something related to cryptos.

I must say I am quite busy though and have investors' best interests to look out for when it comes to several crypto currency projects... along with my 8-5 mon-fri. It would have to be a on a weekend. I'll contact you soon to see if we can work something out. I like to travel anyways.  Smiley
TruCoin

Activity: 210

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:39:30 PM

BitBar  the only real digital wealth  Grin

justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:39:48 PM

I actually kind of agree. I love to debate about crypto currencies, that's how I spend most of my time on here... arguing/debating with someone about something related to cryptos.

I must say I am quite busy though and have investors' best interests to look out for when it comes to several crypto currency projects... along with my 8-5 mon-fri. It would have to be a on a weekend. I'll contact you soon to see if we can work something out. I like to travel anyways.  Smiley

I understand, I work crazy hours for one company, still building my company and 'shilling' for FTC. Smiley  I'm looking at later in the summer, I understand a crazy schedule.  I want this debate to be seen as a positive for the community and looking to have a healthy exchange with someone that has competing ideas.

justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:54:47 PM

We've begun exchanging information in PMs. We both have crazy schedules, as soon as we work out details, I'll ask we do a joint posting announcing all the details.  In the meantime, I ** request ** we keep the upcoming debate civil. Debates with competing ideas (with a focus on getting this spread) will bring more attention to our respective coins. I know CH has quite a bit of background in this community and I'm certainly not flipping burgers. Smiley

Good luck to all of us in the community.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:02:13 AM

We've begun exchanging information in PMs. We both have crazy schedules, as soon as we work out details, I'll ask we do a joint posting announcing all the details.  In the meantime, I ** request ** we keep the upcoming debate civil. Debates with competing ideas (with a focus on getting this spread) will bring more attention to our respective coins. I know CH has quite a bit of background in this community and I'm certainly not flipping burgers. Smiley

Good luck to all of us in the community.

Yes... I have agreed to his live debate. We will work out the details soon, and meet head to head in an ALT coin debate.

I have debated ALT coins many hours on these forums, so it should be interesting doing it in person.

I promise to stay civil... I am actually a respectable, nice, well mannered human being IRL. Everyone's ePeen is bigger on the internet though.

I use terms like "STFU" etc.. because that is normal internet slang for me growing up gaming, chatting, etc. I do not mean any harm by it.  Smiley
kooke

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:05:28 AM

Statement: Feathercoin is the biggest scam of them all!

Proof:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197085.msg2050106#msg2050106

Crypto luckbox is more appropriate!
You dumped almost 70k $ worth of FTC all at once at that price?

Well it was a few dumps over a day.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Read the thread, see how he brags about it. Then check out his posts from 2 few weeks back and see how he was a die-hard feathercoiner Tongue

I rest my case.

TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:33:01 AM

BitCoin (Legitimate SHA256)
LiteCoin (Legitimate Scrypt)
NameCoin (at least tries to do something completely different than "mine then sell")
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:49:04 AM

Proof:

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Read the thread, see how he brags about it. Then check out his posts from 2 few weeks back and see how he was a die-hard feathercoiner Tongue

I rest my case.

You bet. Like cash, some people buy an enormous amount of  something, hype it, and sell it off.  As we know, this was never ever done in the Bitcoin community (pause for effect). Smiley  Everyone has their reasons to purchase something, I'm not one to tell them the right or wrong uses.  Look at the huge walls with Bitcoin in the past to manipulate the price, was that fair? Is Bitcoin the culprit because someone decides to use it in a way you or I might not agree with?  I hope not, I own enough of it.

kooke

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:32:50 AM

Proof:

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

I rest my case.

You bet. Like cash, some people buy an enormous amount of  something, hype it, and sell it off.  As we know, this was never ever done in the Bitcoin community (pause for effect). Smiley  Everyone has their reasons to purchase something, I'm not one to tell them the right or wrong uses.  Look at the huge walls with Bitcoin in the past to manipulate the price, was that fair? Is Bitcoin the culprit because someone decides to use it in a way you or I might not agree with?  I hope not, I own enough of it.

Name one person who profited $70,000 2 weeks after the release of bitcoin? Heck, name one person who profited $70,000 2 weeks after the release of any alt-coin?

Case closed.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 01:44:47 AM

Two weeks after a coin got into an exchange though might be another story...

(I hope so, I slaved over a hot CPU for what, a year or more or less? A long time, many months, to stock up on BBQ...)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: