Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 01:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Shit just got real  (Read 7175 times)
BigBall

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:48:55 PM

I dont think that etherum is scam.I see that etherum have a really good projects today.I more like etherum because Vladimir Putin is interensted in entherum and because I see more faster growing speed than in bitcoin price so I will start to trade with etherum.
Despacito

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:38:44 AM

I believe ethereum can exceed bitcoin in terms of market capitalization as well, but being the fundamental of the market aspec will never change for bitcoin. This is so obvious.
forkedchain

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:47:59 AM

its really real now.  massive ETH sell wall dump on poloniex's BTC market right now.  was like 18M USD of it at the start
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:14:30 AM

That is one very impressive wall and it appears to be real.

I hope whoever it is owns poloniex because there's no way I'd want 6000 btc trapped on there.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:28:52 AM

No one gives a shit about *USING* Ethereum.
They all simply want to profit from it.

same with bitcoin 👍

Bullshit.
And i am sooooo sick & fucking tired of scammy greedy idiots using that played out cliche'd fail retort.
Don't you fucking god damn compare ETH the ICO scam coin app's gimmick platform with a REAL open source digital CURRENCY.

Why ?

For one thing Bitcoin is actually used as intended.
More so than any lame ass bullshit ICO schemes for profit like Ethereum.

You are comparing a donkey to a banana.
Which makes you look stupid.

I wish i could filter out all the noob idiots.
It would be great if i could hit a check box and never have to hear a word from any little dipshit profiteers crawling in here spouting off until they at least hit Hero level.

FUD first & ask questions later™
mining1 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:08:43 AM

Checked polo and the wall is gone. Was it eaten that fast ? LOL.

Also, those that claim eth has infinite supply clearly have no ideea about it's monetary policy. ETH will have about ~100mil tokens before PoS, then 1-2% inflation ( but most likely 1 ) each year, not every detail is set in stone. Anyways, in 10 years eth won't release more tokens than bitcoin anyways, so i'd say inflation is actually lower.

Also, those that complain about eth being accepted as a coin; this takes time and it's not the first thing it aims for, although there are many places that accept it, one example: https://pastebin.com/ethereum.php.

Also the token has intrinsec value, because it aims to be useful to the network not just speculation and the projects/dapps that run on it require eth. Some interesting projects, took them from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6gqjqp/checkout_the_trustlines_network_poc_release/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6glupz/beyond_the_voidnxc_ethereum_token_just_got/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6gf51d/first_realtime_gaming_on_the_ethereum_blockchain/

Ofcourse i wouldn't look for every project out there, there are literally hundreds of them.
SwedishGirl

Activity: 392

Looking for shmexy coins!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:36:45 AM

According to http://www.flippening.watch/ , ethereum surpassed bitcoin in volume, mining reward ( aka most secure chain by hashrate ) and nodes, having 4 times more. To be noted that even though ethereum has 92% of bitcoin's transactions, technically it has MUCH more because tokens that work on it aren't taken into consideration.

Which means, today, ethereum surpassed bitcoin by any metric, except for the market cap. Some of you listened to trolls and thought ethereum is a scam, some of you saw past that.

Still it's an ICO bubble and it will be a sad thing to watch when all the ICOs start a cashing out race.
Bluto

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:38:00 AM

According to http://www.flippening.watch/ , ethereum surpassed bitcoin in volume, mining reward ( aka most secure chain by hashrate ) and nodes, having 4 times more. To be noted that even though ethereum has 92% of bitcoin's transactions, technically it has MUCH more because tokens that work on it aren't taken into consideration.

Which means, today, ethereum surpassed bitcoin by any metric, except for the market cap. Some of you listened to trolls and thought ethereum is a scam, some of you saw past that.
Believe it or not, I don't think that those stats are too reliable. The value goes up as the coin bubbles so it's not a good time to compare.
BaumT

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:40:27 AM

Ethereum developers are trying by all means to prove that ETH can be better than BTC. Just wait until ETH is worth more than BTC. I would say in a few years to come
mining1 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:26:37 AM

@baumT You do realise that, at this rate, in best case scenarion eth surpasses btc in 1-2 weeks and at worst in 2 months ?

Still it's an ICO bubble and it will be a sad thing to watch when all the ICOs start a cashing out race.

Polo had an 1500btc sell wall and it got eaten like it was nothing. Yes icos cash out eventually, but they don't cash out all at once. They can't really drop the price unless too many cash all at once, which is a very unlikely scenario.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:59:05 AM

Ethereum as a project from the very beggining was developed much better, than bitcoin. It gets more and more support from people, companies. I think it is just a matter of time, when it will go ahead and beat bitcoin on market cap arena also Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:06:12 PM

@baumT You do realise that, at this rate, in best case scenarion eth surpasses btc in 1-2 weeks and at worst in 2 months ?

Polo had an 1500btc sell wall and it got eaten like it was nothing. Yes icos cash out eventually, but they don't cash out all at once. They can't really drop the price unless too many cash all at once, which is a very unlikely scenario.
that's the problem as we knew that anything can happen so fast inside crypto world and most likely the one who have a big nerve will survive to this race eth is moving so fast and its really moving forward its a matter of support and development that can be introduced so real people will invest and use the system.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:17:31 PM

unless too many cash all at once, which is a very unlikely scenario.

Can you provide some evidence?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:02:58 PM

Ethereum as a project from the very beggining was developed much better, than bitcoin.

It isn't "developed better than bitcoin" when it comes to monetary properties (for store of value).

Bitcoin has superb monetary properties whereas Ethereum's are more aligned with fiat: their priority is to monetise the value in smart contracts (just as fiat's is to monetise the debt in manual contracts).

There are several long term implications of that - one of which is that Ethereum is not destined to be unique. Consequently it's subject to obsolescence as new and 'smarter' chains come over the horizon. Electronic typewriters superseded manual ones, then mainframes superseded them, then desktop PC's superseded mainframes. Throughout that time, monetary assets such as gold continued growing in purchasing power while stocks in those technology markets rotated through their phases of novelty and obsolescence.

Thats the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum. It isn't technological, its about monetary properties.

ETH = The Electronic typewriter
BTC = The gold
mining1 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:17:30 PM

unless too many cash all at once, which is a very unlikely scenario.

Can you provide some evidence?

What ? I just stated the obvious, i thought everyone could do a thinking exercise and come up with that.
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

Eth will become the strongest currency on this planet and bitcoin will have to move to 2nd place on the market cap chart. If bitcoin can not fix the block size issue, it will be surpass by ethereum in the next few months
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:32:38 PM

Eth will become the strongest currency on this planet

For a while...until it gives way to EOS. Which will be the strongest
for a while...until it gives way to Tezos. Which will be the strongest
for a while...until it gives way to Rootstock. Which will be the strongest
for a while...until the markets noticed that they were all technology stocks while Bitcoin was the only monetary stock that kept gaining value the whole time.

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:49:49 PM

It is just a qestions whn this bubble will burst, here I found really nice blog post that explains the situation of ethereum right now : https://medium.com/@WhalePanda/i-was-wrong-about-ethereum-804c9a906d36 by WhalePanda

He really points out some of the major issues within ethereum and also you can conclude some biggger picture of cryptocurrency and shitcoins, really well written. I will advise you guys to read it if you have time.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

There you go. Another pointless thread made by this mining1 shithead and "supported" by his alt Mindlesscache. Ethereum is and will remain a long prepared pump, which was orchestrated by the whales behind it. I'll only say one thing. If Ethereum is better than Bitcoin, then I guess ETH won't need a BTC pair? Let's see what happens with Ethereum if exchanges remove their ETH/BTC pairs?

mining1 (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:22:07 PM

You can't figure out ? I thought so. Please, let me enlighten you. ETH will take BTC's place and will be paired against ALL other cryptocurrencies. The trollBOX will stroke their penises to a climax when their favorite gamble will reach 0.001ETH in price. Although eth will lose BTC trading volume ( it dies if it loses first place ), won't make a difference because it will get much more volume by being paired against hundreds of cryptos and against all fiat currencies that matter.

So please delete this extremely bad argument before others see it;
If Ethereum is better than Bitcoin, then I guess ETH won't need a BTC pair? Let's see what happens with Ethereum if exchanges remove their ETH/BTC pairs?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: