Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ethereum or zcash for long term?  (Read 8413 times)
vince212 (OP)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:29:30 PM

hi guys i just got back to cryptocurrency because of ethereum and zcash

i got interested on ethereum since a lot of big companies likes it jpmorgan microsoft intel etc etc

i also stumbled on an article that jpmorgan will use zcash technology of some sort.

right now im mining both. and im thinking to just mine one with better chances for long term growth.

which do you think would be better? z cash or ethereum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boldar

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:33:33 PM

If you want my opinion: Ethereum.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:42:42 PM

In my opinion, better go with Ethereum why? because it has a huge potential in a long run. Ethereum's community is growing bigger and bigger day by day, and many people/companies investing on ETH thus making it in demand. Also take note to that ETH's price increased drastically.try vising Coin market cap and see the graph of ETH its going upwards. So i think ETH will be the safer choice.
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:47:17 PM

hmmmm but ethereum has no supply limit right?
unlike zcash there will only be 21m coins

so maybe that will help for long term since the supply is limited?
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:56:54 PM

My opinion is ethereum is for longterm because that coin have big big potential . Because I believe after few yers the price is very high and for sure if the bitcoin die ethereum is the next bitcoin.  Even zcash is good and they have potential I will choose ethereum . But if you want a lot of profit you can buy ethereum and also zcash is for longterm and after holding you will earn.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:00:04 PM

My opinion is ethereum is for longterm because that coin have big big potential . Because I believe after few yers the price is very high and for sure if the bitcoin die ethereum is the next bitcoin.  Even zcash is good and they have potential I will choose ethereum . But if you want a lot of profit you can buy ethereum and also zcash is for longterm and after holding you will earn.

hmmm i am actually not buying just mining. my plan is just to sell for my electric bill monthly then hold all the remaining for the future
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:09:02 PM

Ethereum seems promising. Why? Well they have big corporations & companies that backed them up like MIcrosoft. It is true that ETH was not made to be the money in the first place but rather a place where you could code blockchain decentralized apps. Tho when people hear that companies are behind it and all they tend to buy it and feel safe. Also a lot of people see ETH as next bitcoin if ETH continues to rise it might even surpass the bitcoin market cap, maybe not tomorrow but within few years if bitcoin doesn't import some good feature in. I would say that you can't go wrong with ETH.

But again do your own research before doing anything I am just pointing out some of my views.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:24:05 PM

Same here, I'd go for Ethereum than Zcash though. It really has a lot of potential in the future and the progress it has made plus the investors that are coming in, without a doubt I'd go for Ethereum.

omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:28:20 PM

If you have the means the two coins are very Ok to invest into. But if you must choose from the two then you should go for Ethereum as it market capitalization is high than that of Zcash. Ethereum has make a very high significant move this days and is a sign of worldwide acceptability.
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:42:37 PM

If you have the means the two coins are very Ok to invest into. But if you must choose from the two then you should go for Ethereum as it market capitalization is high than that of Zcash. Ethereum has make a very high significant move this days and is a sign of worldwide acceptability.

yeah maybe ill make a 6 10603gb miner rig for zcash just for sake of having one.

Dude.Lebowski

Activity: 129
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:47:23 PM

i got interested on ethereum since a lot of big companies likes it jpmorgan microsoft intel etc etc

i also stumbled on an article that jpmorgan will use zcash technology of some sort.

right now im mining both. and im thinking to just mine one with better chances for long term growth.

Depends on if you want to run distributed applications or pretend like you have anonymous money.

It's really your choice. However, apples and oranges man.

Okay. The old man told me to take any rug in the house.
Blackout1321

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:13:43 PM

Personal opinion, ETH looks like the better route to go, but you need to figure out what is better for you.

Are you mining at the same rate? Could you potentially do more ETH, but still get some ZCash? Split it to a 75/80% and 25/20%.

Just something to thing about?
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:21:20 PM

Personal opinion, ETH looks like the better route to go, but you need to figure out what is better for you.

Are you mining at the same rate? Could you potentially do more ETH, but still get some ZCash? Split it to a 75/80% and 25/20%.

Just something to thing about?

yep i can split. i have a mining rig of 4 570s and a 580 mining eth now and 1 rig made of 3 1070s mining zec

thinking of switching to eth for both. im having second thoughts on zec since its goal is like bitcoin. anon transactions and an alternative to fiat
why dont i just invest in btc instead of zec if it has the same purpose. bitcoin is much safer than zec. that is what im thinking.
so now im thinking if i should just switch to eth mining only.
richardfisk

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:18:35 PM

If you want my opinion: Ethereum.
I think that both are better. We do not know whether ethereum will be on the top or zcash. Both of them have the unique function and technology which can give us a great great future. Just split 50% of your money to buy ethereum and the rest for zcash

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:27:39 PM

EthereumClassic for me. 2nd best behind Bitcoin.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:38:41 PM

To start with, comparing the two to me won't be a good idea because you have the two you are mining which I am sure they are both getting you the fees at least to pay your bills. Both have the potentials to grow but zcash to me is going long-term with higher profitability than ETH because ETH currently has create a niche for itself but zcash is yet to get to that point which I believe with time, it will get there.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:54:02 PM

Buy some maidsafe too.
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:06:54 PM

To start with, comparing the two to me won't be a good idea because you have the two you are mining which I am sure they are both getting you the fees at least to pay your bills. Both have the potentials to grow but zcash to me is going long-term with higher profitability than ETH because ETH currently has create a niche for itself but zcash is yet to get to that point which I believe with time, it will get there.

Nice point you got here regarding zec. But zcash purpose is like bitcoin right? Anon transactions? Im having second thoughts because i could just invest in btc which is safer than zec. Or am i missing something with btc vs zcash comparison?
vince212 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:08:29 PM

EthereumClassic for me. 2nd best behind Bitcoin.

Regarding that. Is eth classic covered in the alliance too? Sorry if it is a noob question. All i can see in articles are ethereum and not the classic
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:57:34 PM

Nice point you got here regarding zec. But zcash purpose is like bitcoin right? Anon transactions? Im having second thoughts because i could just invest in btc which is safer than zec. Or am i missing something with btc vs zcash comparison?

For now I will choose ETH if I want to do long term investment, there are more promising potential in ETH rather than zcash, zcash still need a lot of thing before can become top 10 crypto and investing in bitcoin is safer however is slower, sometimes investing in alt coin can bring you more fortune, you just need to choose a correct alt coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░