Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 10:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $600 Venmo for $550 BTC  (Read 382 times)
ZAttack1 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 07:44:10 PM

Here we go again, tried this with Square a week or 2 ago and got burned, luckily was able to recover the funds, obviously I will be more cautious this time, but I am here trying for convenience, holler and see if we can make a deal.

Note I am sending Venmo and want BTC in return.
I'll send Immediately after we come to agreement .
needcashoutbtc

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:07:52 PM

Here we go again, tried this with Square a week or 2 ago and got burned, luckily was able to recover the funds, obviously I will be more cautious this time, but I am here trying for convenience, holler and see if we can make a deal.

Note I am sending Venmo and want BTC in return.
I'll send Immediately after we come to agreement .
Sending pm

Minexcoin:  XDKmP2ykK9dCpGYoxREAGF76B82Zh66FJ4
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:19:03 PM

needcashoutbtc
has proposed $600 Venmo for
$535 in BTC...
Hesitant due to my first boning on these forums so may break this into multiple transactions.
needcashoutbtc

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:34:40 PM

needcashoutbtc
has proposed $600 Venmo for
$535 in BTC...
Hesitant due to my first boning on these forums so may break this into multiple transactions.
Yes. Correct

Minexcoin:  XDKmP2ykK9dCpGYoxREAGF76B82Zh66FJ4
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:37:44 PM

needcashoutbtc:
 Gimme a min, Im getting a lot of offers from a lot of users, hard to weigh the legit against the scammer hate that im so new, wish everyone had positive feedback, but most are negative like me lol this is so intense. 
12Bananas21

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:45:43 PM

Venmo is a huge scam. Anyone trading with you- just don't trade. Op just cash out venmo yourself and buy btc with cash
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:51:28 PM

Venmo is a huge scam. Anyone trading with you- just don't trade. Op just cash out venmo yourself and buy btc with cash

Yeah Im nervous AF. I have money offline to buy on CoinBase but CB is like alternating my limit, says I have used $78 of 1500 but allows me to buy like $40, or else I would have done it myself (you know how slow their customer service is). Hmmmmmm who to trust to get it faster. #INeedATrustedMember
12Bananas21

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:08:45 PM

Yeah Im nervous AF. I have money offline to buy on CoinBase but CB is like alternating my limit, says I have used $78 of 1500 but allows me to buy like $40, or else I would have done it myself (you know how slow their customer service is). Hmmmmmm who to trust to get it faster. #INeedATrustedMember
Trusted or not I wouldn't trade venmo
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Can I ask why its a scam in general?
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:36:07 PM

Can I ask why its a scam in general?

Because you can reserve the venmo transaction up to 180 days after you sent it
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

Oh gross, well shit, Im going to give it an hour  to hope something happens and hit the ole withdraw button.
I actually have 700 Available.
Some scam emails ive received (IMO)
Offered to only take a $10 service charge despite the extra I was offering.
and
Once I hesitated one flooded me with messages trying to convince me how trustworthy they were and how quickly they would send once I send, since I am not a "trusted acct" when they only had like 7 posts total....

Darn
12Bananas21

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:53:20 PM

Venmo can be funded by stolen credit cards. As of June 1st- they prosecute.
ZAttack1 (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:57:44 PM

Fraud is fraud I would assume a lot of sites can be funded via stolen info.
This seems to hard to get a trustworthy trader though, withdrawing funds now.
Thank you for the insight.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:21:22 PM

Fraud is fraud I would assume a lot of sites can be funded via stolen info.
This seems to hard to get a trustworthy trader though, withdrawing funds now.
Thank you for the insight.

You sound like a scammer. Talking all this garbage with a tone like you're appealing to people here to take your Venmo. It's like rhetorical talking... "this seems so hard to get a trustworthy trader" bla bla.. It's you who needs to offer a trustworthy payment method! Venmo and bitcoins are not compatible.

There are safer methods but the way you write is as if you are defending Venmo (fraud is fraud i would assume a lot of sites can be funded via stolen info). You know it is REVERSIBLE and I bet you have intentions to reverse the payment after getting the bitcoins!

People, just don't do it. Don't accept Venmo from this guy. You WILL lose your bitcoins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: