Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:14:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GUIDE: How to determine what coin to buy  (Read 1540 times)
TheAltPainter (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 08:16:39 PM

Hi there! So in my quest to giveback to the community i started a community on Telegram where i try to help out other traders. Here i got a lot of questions on the subject on how to buy the right coins.

So what did i do? I answered the questions, and later compiled an article on the subject.
http://thealtpainter.com/2017/06/11/hey-should-i-buy/

I would love your thoughts on it!  Smiley

Greetings,
TheAltPainter
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 08:40:03 PM

This is nice art, read it and joined telegram group. Every newbie altcoin trader should read it Grin
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:49:01 PM

It's an ok article, not really in-depth but has a couple of valid points.
Not this tho:
"If you’re new to trading, i would advice you to not go all in early on"
Never go all in, not early on, not later on.
Why whould you?
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:09:36 PM

What I see in altcoin markets is that usually in the short term there is a lot of volatility and a lot of newbie traders think that it's good to just trade that short term volatility. But really the big profits are in the long run. Usually a coin has its own pump/dump cycles(dogecoin comes first to mind). When you hold for the long term you will usually experience a lot more profits as demonstrated by this altcoin pump.

Another good point you mentioned is never margin trade. I think that this is one of the most common mistakes, newbies thinking that it's good to take out a loan to trade with so they get more capital. It will only mean that you'll lose more and win more, plus you have to pay interest. So basically can't do margin trade for the long run and have to stick to the short term which is more risky.

Great article OP, keep it up.

Smiley
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:23:04 AM

Hi there! So in my quest to giveback to the community i started a community on Telegram where i try to help out other traders. Here i got a lot of questions on the subject on how to buy the right coins.

So what did i do? I answered the questions, and later compiled an article on the subject.

Greetings,
TheAltPainter
Nice to find out, you are rendered this services for free  and many of us traders will patronising you great advise and investment direction. Hope you do this for along time and create this great community of traders on telegram. Thanks
Amy bowden

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:09:39 PM

I hold LITECOINS since 2 months.They are not pumping the coin i was waiting for that the worst coins buyers getting more profits
tristan1960

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:52:35 PM

Thanks for this lovely source. Some them are the tactics I already use but I learn something new as well.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:04:06 PM

Most of this strategies are some of the rear strategy I do use and some of them are new to me. Op thanks you very much for this free stuff you post here. I will try to apply this guide you share in my future trading analysis. Once again thank you very much.
TheAltPainter (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 05:36:59 AM

This is nice art, read it and joined telegram group. Every newbie altcoin trader should read it Grin
Thank you, and welcome in the group Smiley.

It's an ok article, not really in-depth but has a couple of valid points.
Not this tho:
"If you’re new to trading, i would advice you to not go all in early on"
Never go all in, not early on, not later on.
Why whould you?

I agree with you that you should never go all in, in a trade. I should have specified that, what i do want to say that i find it wise choice to make concentrated buy's, But yes indeed, i agree; never go all in.
What I see in altcoin markets is that usually in the short term there is a lot of volatility and a lot of newbie traders think that it's good to just trade that short term volatility. But really the big profits are in the long run. Usually a coin has its own pump/dump cycles(dogecoin comes first to mind). When you hold for the long term you will usually experience a lot more profits as demonstrated by this altcoin pump.

Another good point you mentioned is never margin trade. I think that this is one of the most common mistakes, newbies thinking that it's good to take out a loan to trade with so they get more capital. It will only mean that you'll lose more and win more, plus you have to pay interest. So basically can't do margin trade for the long run and have to stick to the short term which is more risky.

Great article OP, keep it up.
Great comment, Thanks Smiley.

Greetings,
TheAltPainter
Nice to find out, you are rendered this services for free  and many of us traders will patronising you great advise and investment direction. Hope you do this for along time and create this great community of traders on telegram. Thanks
Smiley. Well thank you!
I hold LITECOINS since 2 months.They are not pumping the coin i was waiting for that the worst coins buyers getting more profits
Be prepared to hold as long as you need to & if you need any help or advice visit our telegram group Smiley.
Thanks for this lovely source. Some them are the tactics I already use but I learn something new as well.
Thanks, thats really awesome to hear!
Most of this strategies are some of the rear strategy I do use and some of them are new to me. Op thanks you very much for this free stuff you post here. I will try to apply this guide you share in my future trading analysis. Once again thank you very much.
Ofcourse, you're welcome Smiley.

MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:57:55 AM

What you mean?
Do you think that litecoin will get high?
I have litecoins too..
How long need wait this event?

In the silence

Activity: 1291
Merit: 294

''Vincit qui se vincit''

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 06:09:21 AM

First check the 24h volume and also check the 24h High and 24h Low. Check the statistics first before you buy a coin. but, useualy altcoins doesn't last long in the market only few can last long.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:39:36 AM

I read the article and it looks like nice advice, but them problem is, even if I did all that, I still didn't really know where to look. I join the community, I see they are large etc, but wont most of them talk good about the coin, and wont that happen on every community? I think you could do another article, highlighting some of the most important indicators we should keep an eye on.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:09:14 PM

I think you could do another article, highlighting some of the most important indicators we should keep an eye on.
That seems another highly demanded area where traders need to focus. But in my experiences a set of indicators is not working for all cryptocoins nor stocks. That must be a very peculiar case to me personally as per I did watch some tools works well for few trading instruments.

Still, having some guide on some of effective indicators must be very handy. I am too looking forward for such articles.
guesswhat

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:12:26 PM

Nice suggestions to determine the fittest coin to invest in. Don't forget to investigate the core team members as well.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:20:57 PM

Nice guide that could help those who are new to trading. Nice effort.

First check the 24h volume and also check the 24h High and 24h Low. Check the statistics first before you buy a coin. but, useualy altcoins doesn't last long in the market only few can last long.
Checking 24h volume might end your trading day with a loss (and a huge one). 24h volume/high/low are never an indicator to buy or sell – you might buy a pumped coin that would drop in price later. You should check the whole chart first (at least 7-day period), know how the coin performed during that period, then decide whether to buy/sell or not. Technical Analysis.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:55:22 AM

Greetings,
TheAltPainter

There is a huge set of complex market signals that can be used, but in the end you must find your own methods.  Devising a method personally means that you understand it inside and out and can operate under your system quickly and efficiently.  Using methods that are only half understood can lead to bad fast trades or missed trades because of overthinking.
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:48:29 PM

Working out your method will also bring a deeper understanding of Bitcoin, the markets and the silly games that most Bitcoin users play.
Fantum

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:02:08 AM

This is the worst advice. If you want to profit in this market find a forgotten coin, no dev, maybe being delisted soon, the scammier the better. Check their website make sure it's hosted on blogspot or looks like it's from 10 years ago. Check the ANN thread, make sure no one has commented in at least a month. Now buy as much as you can, go all in on these types of coins, then poof they pump to 400%.
nominee

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:55:01 AM

Try to pick the one backed with a real and strong team. Community also is important. Only speculative price movements will not help that much in future. The last there must be a real idea behind the token/coin.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:58:39 AM

I guess no need to make doubt on what to buy because bitcoin is the best one to make profit out of everything here.  Since you are a newbie I advice you not to indulge so soon in some altcoin with out any study of it because they just pump and soon be dump. We need to be careful and study to find out which coin to invest safely.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████