Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:19:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins crash before the SegWit activation on the Bitcoin Blockchain ?  (Read 1258 times)
Sergejnoob (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 09:43:56 PM

Hello,

will/can the Altcoins crash before the SegWit activation on the Bitcoin Blockchain?

What did you think?

Fantum

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:37:55 AM

No one really knows. Before August 1st the first stage of uasf there probably will if everyone assumes that bitcoin will go up. I'm thinking this is when we will see $4000 bitcoin or higher, but after that bitcoin might crash back down to $3000 where it will stay for a while. Altcoins are probably entering a bear market now that bitcoin is getting some improvements and more attention. By November bitcoin could hit $10000 and alts will probably be on average half of what they are now on a red day.
Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:44:12 AM

No one really knows. Before August 1st the first stage of uasf there probably will if everyone assumes that bitcoin will go up. I'm thinking this is when we will see $4000 bitcoin or higher, but after that bitcoin might crash back down to $3000 where it will stay for a while. Altcoins are probably entering a bear market now that bitcoin is getting some improvements and more attention. By November bitcoin could hit $10000 and alts will probably be on average half of what they are now on a red day.

Yap as to there are no past reference on btc so we better just have to wait on whats gonna happen. But in my speculation it would only affect the btc transactions. And if there were any effects then most would be in a positive ways. A lot of problems have occured since the price went up and segwit is the one best solution for this kinds of problems. So we just have to wait and avoid some high transaction fees for now.
okbit

Activity: 259

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:40:19 PM

When bitcoin goes to Segwit, I think the price will rise.

I also saw that ArtByte is adding Segwit and will probably beat bitcoin to it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1960466.0
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:53:56 PM

Adding segwit will likely to raise BTC prices (at least temporarily). If BTC goes up ppl used to dump alts for BTC and later dump BTC for fiat, then buy back more BTC after the correction. So, I'm expecting some big drops in alt prices late July. Of course after such drops alts used to recover in a week or two (especially because of high BTC price used to drag the whole "industry" with itself).
John Wick

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:03:46 PM

nice point. i never expect altcoins to survive in a possible bitcoin pump or offical uasf acceptance. but it's too early to say alts are going into bear market.
Marsipos

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:06:07 PM

So SegWit will be activated ? What is the UASF you are talking about ? And yes, I think that if SegWit is ever activated, Bitcoin price will rise, and thus altcoins price will fall.
Sergejnoob (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:21:22 AM

So SegWit will be activated ? What is the UASF you are talking about ? And yes, I think that if SegWit is ever activated, Bitcoin price will rise, and thus altcoins price will fall.

Yes it will.

UASF means User activated soft fork.

jackychanxxx

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:17:24 AM

It's really hard to predict. But I don't think the altcoins will crash so soon.

ppc.pt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 11:23:07 AM

So with Segwit you'll get lower fees ? Didn't know about that...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: