Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BURST mining: Configs, pools, stats etc  (Read 3370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ps_jb (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:13:09 PM

Recently decided to try to mine BURST, right now price on 8Tb HDDs looks quite reasonable on Ebay

In the process of building 4x8Tb Hdd + 10Tb on different drives I found in house Smiley So should be ~ 40Tb

I'm using wallet plotter (with CPU) and wallet miner.

Right now did not get quite completely how pools are paying, looks like http://burstpool.ddns.net and http://burst.lexitoshi.uk paid couple of times and then stopped. No idea what is going on.

When I will plot all HDDs - will post here stats and earnings.

So maybe we can use that thread to share what to do with HDDs, plotter, miners and pools?
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 728
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 10:29:24 PM

Hi.
I'm actually into burst mining as well but won't get into it before a month or two from now.

I actually found this list of pools http://burstcoin.cc/pool
And this is a forum specially for burst so yeah I guess it'd be helpful (especially the mining & plotting section)

https://forums.burst-team.us/

nani202

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

the difficulty just skyrocket Sad
http://burstcoin.biz/charts/estimated-network-size
with 60 tb ploted drives i could get less then 300 burst a day !!
Clannad

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:28:18 PM

Hi all :-)

I built an ETH mining Rig with 6x RX470 six months ago
(Windows 10, CPU Intel Celeron G1850, 8GB DDR3)

I was wondering if I could mine something worth with the CPU
I'd like to give Burst a try, but I'm wondering if the Celeron is powerfull enough for this, or in other words what are the minimum requirements for BURST CPU mining

Any info would be much appreciated

ps_jb (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:33:08 PM

Hi all :-)

I built an ETH mining Rig with 6x RX470 six months ago
(Windows 10, CPU Intel Celeron G1850, 8GB DDR3)

I was wondering if I could mine something worth with the CPU
I'd like to give Burst a try, but I'm wondering if the Celeron is powerfull enough for this, or in other words what are the minimum requirements for BURST CPU mining

Any info would be much appreciated

Hi,

BURST is mined with HDDs, not GPUs or CPUs. So you can load your rigs with hard drives (to certain extend of course) and mine.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 03:01:10 AM

CPU or GPU is used when you plotting, once done, no great calculation power needed, but plotting with celeron will probably take a significantly longer time to accomplish, but doable.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
ps_jb (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:00:04 AM

the difficulty just skyrocket Sad
http://burstcoin.biz/charts/estimated-network-size
with 60 tb ploted drives i could get less then 300 burst a day !!

Which pool are you using with 60Tb?
Clannad

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:04:54 AM

Hi,
BURST is mined with HDDs, not GPUs or CPUs. So you can load your rigs with hard drives (to certain extend of course) and mine.

CPU or GPU is used when you plotting,...

Thanks guys for your quick replies, much appreciated. I'll give it a try, but I have some trouble downloading the blockchain (last try failed at 95%  Huh)

... but plotting with celeron will probably take a significantly longer time to accomplish, but doable.

If I'm not wrong I can create my plot file on a fast computer, and then move it to the Celeron Rig while optimizing it, correct ?

reids

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:44:47 AM

If I'm not wrong I can create my plot file on a fast computer, and then move it to the Celeron Rig while optimizing it, correct ?

Optimize first then move it across.
Ahead

Activity: 74

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:11:40 PM

Hi,

If you are using the "in-wallet" plotter, then the plots you are creating are already optimized. No need to optimize them again. Also if you open the plot optimizer it will tell you that the plot is already optimized.

ps_jb (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:51:51 AM

Hi,

If you are using the "in-wallet" plotter, then the plots you are creating are already optimized. No need to optimize them again. Also if you open the plot optimizer it will tell you that the plot is already optimized.

Thank you!
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

Hi,

Thank you!

You are welcome! Just make sure you are using the latest wallet version!  Wink

Clannad

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:01:15 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 09:15:22 AM by Clannad

Hi all,

My first try at mining BURST on my Celeron powered ETH Mining Rig went smoothly and everything works fine wihout any conflict. I'm only using a 800GB plot file for now, this is the available space I had on my Rig's HDD. The purpose was mainly to test that it works with the Celeron and with Claymore's ETH miner running at the same time. So the answer is YES ! I will now add external USB drives little by little as I can afford.

But let me explain the steps I went through, because I think there might be other or simpler ways to do things, so please feel free to comment, thanks.

To create my plot file, I have used wplotgenerator.exe Dowloaded from this page but it doesnt creates optimized plot files
I created the plot file (800GB) with my desktop computer (Intel Core i5 4590 - 16GB RAM) so it was quite fast. I created the plot file on an external 2TB USB drive with 1TB space available.

After that, I ran the BURST Plot Optimier GUI and generated the optimized plot file directly on my ETH Mining Rig.

The problem is the plot optimizer is not modifying the unoptmized plot file, it creates a new file, that's why you need to create the optimized file on another drive unless you have enough space on your drive to hold the two files (unoptimized and optimized)

The problem with doing this way is: if you have let's say 4 disks of 5TB, you can hardly optimize the 4th drive because you don't have 5TB of available temporary free space.
You can check the message I left to IMineBlocks about this problem as a comment to his great video, it explains the problems with more details and an example.

Hi,
Which wallet are you using ?
I am using this wallet: https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin and there is no option to create plot file, unless I didn't find it ?

Any help will be greetly  appreciated, thanks again !

Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

Hi all,

My first try at mining BURST on my Celeron powered ETH Mining Rig went smoothly and everything works fine wihout any conflict. I'm only using a 800GB plot file for now, this is the available space I had on my Rig's HDD. The purpose was mainly to test that it works with the Celeron and with Claymore's ETH miner running at the same time. So the answer is YES ! I will now add external USB drives little by little as I can afford.

But let me explain the steps I went through, because I think there might be other or simpler ways to do things, so please feel free to comment, thanks.

To create my plot file, I have used wplotgenerator.exe Dowloaded from this page but it doesnt creates optimized plot files
I created the plot file (800GB) with my desktop computer (Intel Core i5 4590 - 16GB RAM) so it was quite fast. I created the plot file on an external 2TB USB drive with 1TB space available.

After that, I ran the BURST Plot Optimier GUI and generated the optimized plot file directly on my ETH Mining Rig.

The problem is the plot optimizer is not modifying the unoptmized plot file, it creates a new file, that's why you need to create the optimized file on another drive unless you have enough space on your drive to hold the two files (unoptimized and optimized)

The problem with doing this way is: if you have let's say 4 disks of 5TB, you can hardly optimize the 4th drive because you don't have 5TB of available temporary free space.
You can check the message I left to IMineBlocks about this problem as a comment to his great video, it explains the problems with more details and an example.

Hi,
Which wallet are you using ?
I am using this wallet: https://github.com/BurstProject/burstcoin and there is no option to create plot file, unless I didn't find it ?

Any help will be greetly  appreciated, thanks again !

Hi,

I'm using the official wallet (windows)
You can get it here --> https://www.burst-team.us/index.php/wallets/. Download and Install!
No need to wait for local wallet to sync. Just use the online version of the wallet and plot your files. (at the bottom of the wallet)

ps_jb (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:51:27 AM

Something weird happen with mining Sad

I'm using this pool - http://burstpool.ddns.net/ and for 30 hours of mining got only 110 BURST coins. I have 17700 Gb, so according to this calculator - http://burstcoin.biz/calculator I should get 219 coins per 24h.

I understand that calculator may have some error bars - but not 250%!

Question - which pools pay honestly?
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:23:17 AM

Something weird happen with mining Sad

I'm using this pool - http://burstpool.ddns.net/ and for 30 hours of mining got only 110 BURST coins. I have 17700 Gb, so according to this calculator - http://burstcoin.biz/calculator I should get 219 coins per 24h.

I understand that calculator may have some error bars - but not 250%!

Question - which pools pay honestly?

The calculator is estimated, and your pool needs to find blocks for you to get paid.
Also you are getting paid from blocks that your pool finds, and you have submitted deadlines for that block (and a small % of the next blocks that your pool finds)

Some info from burstmining.club pool:

When the pool wins a block, 2% is deducted from the block reward for pool usage fees.
Of the remaining reward, 60% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the current block.
The other 40% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the previous 500 blocks.
For the current block, a miner's share of the (60%) reward is inversely proportional to (deadline + 1)1.2
Miner payouts are calculated after a minimum of 4 blocks after the pool wins that block.
Miner payouts are Deferred until their total pending payout is at least 300 BURST, or the earliest pending payout is over 360 blocks old.
Queued payouts are waiting to be sent to the BURST network.
Unconfirmed payouts have been sent to the BURST network but haven't had 10 confirmations yet.
Confirmed payouts are listed as Paid.

no1blue

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:56:17 AM

My wallet can not download blockchain

I try download it form different mirror but it no good

Anyone having the same problem ?
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:02:55 AM

My wallet can not download blockchain

I try download it form different mirror but it no good

Anyone having the same problem ?

Download the blockchain from this url:

Jmattes

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:06:57 PM

I've been thinking about getting into burst coin as I have 12tb of free had space. Wondering if burst is worth the fuse of plotting, setting up, etc.

Calculator says I can pull in $60 a month.. I'd be happy with $30-45. Is that realistic?
ps_jb (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:00:58 AM

The calculator is estimated, and your pool needs to find blocks for you to get paid.
Also you are getting paid from blocks that your pool finds, and you have submitted deadlines for that block (and a small % of the next blocks that your pool finds)

Some info from burstmining.club pool:

When the pool wins a block, 2% is deducted from the block reward for pool usage fees.
Of the remaining reward, 60% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the current block.
The other 40% is shared over miners who submitted nonces for the previous 500 blocks.
For the current block, a miner's share of the (60%) reward is inversely proportional to (deadline + 1)1.2
Miner payouts are calculated after a minimum of 4 blocks after the pool wins that block.
Miner payouts are Deferred until their total pending payout is at least 300 BURST, or the earliest pending payout is over 360 blocks old.
Queued payouts are waiting to be sent to the BURST network.
Unconfirmed payouts have been sent to the BURST network but haven't had 10 confirmations yet.
Confirmed payouts are listed as Paid.

Got it - not it totally makes sense! Thank you for the explanation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: