Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:30:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum SCAM?  (Read 228081 times)
xbiv2 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:24:27 AM

Ethereum is big, money of investors used for public relations, fake news sites, bribes.
It big industry of lie.
It worcking, just white a time, ppl buy it good now. It good investment.
But it not protected investment, when this ppl sold hes 70,000,000 ETH (also used for pumpUp ICOs) you will get only something overpriced and useless.
Here is some (7 day old) statistic on Ethereum.
It still selling very good:

https://image.ibb.co/hiJf7k/1498709596499.png

CheapVccSeller

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:15:42 AM

Not a scam. Eth has potential to pass btc.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:29:29 AM

It is not a scam but i would like to prefamulated this way: After Bitcoin, which is decentralised people's money, with a lot of problems currently.. We only can be very disappointed with ETH because neither one BTC problem is solved and we even lost garanted decentralisation. Not a scam - disapointment. But every product has its buyers.

You can rent this space
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:16:54 AM

So this is that Vitalik's Ethereum "Red Button" to destroy the network ppl talking about?
Im sure he wont do it.That would make no sence.

But still i Hope that Bitcoin will stay initial coin,not Ether
greply

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:19:48 AM

How come that it's scam when it's top 2 altcoin in coinmarketcap and its developers are still working to make its market stronger. Another thing, ethereum is the most progressive coin I can say since it has a contract which allows people/investors to hold their ICO and also to build stronger foundation in crypto currency.

I'm not agreeing that Eth is a scam but to say that because it is 1) big and 2) still being worked on doesn't mean it isn't a scam. I mean look at Bernie Madoff. He was one of the most famous and 'successful' investors of his time and people thought that since he looked good and said he was making everyone money that he actually was. His investment funds were 1) big and 2) he was actively working on them, it was just that his work was to trick people into giving him money and then work to keep his scheme a secret.

I'm not saying this is the same but what I am saying is that looks can be deceiving. Just because something looks great and a lot of people say it is great doesn't actually make it great.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:22:00 AM

It is not a scam but i would like to prefamulated this way: After Bitcoin, which is decentralised people's money, with a lot of problems currently.. We only can be very disappointed with ETH because neither one BTC problem is solved and we even lost garanted decentralisation. Not a scam - disapointment. But every product has its buyers.
I was not agreed too, ethereum is not a scam, sometimes their were circumstances that system of ethereum were experienced of some difficulties but they can manage it. Moreover, concerned of all users were answers and make an actions as soon as possible.
toupaipai

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:55:41 AM

Ethereum is one (if not the most) of the most trustable cryptocurrencies. It is not only a cryptocurrency, but a distributed computing platform featuring smart contract functionality.
That means infinite possibilities of development, much more than the rest of cryptocurrencies.  That makes that several professional traders estimate that in a few months Ethereum will reach the value of bitcoin.
Since several months I am buying Ethereum, and I will continue until its value reaches bitcoin. Then, it will be time to sell.

SweetHodler

Activity: 178
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

Ethereum is a future of the internet for me. Leading the way of progress, I do not think other platforms with smart contracts will be able to compete since Ethereum has the first movers advantage. ICOs I really like, but ones with insane amounts of coins collected seem overpaid and give devs incentive to run or dump the tokens. I think with some ICO regulations and Metropolis coming, Ethereum has a very bright future.
comp

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:40:38 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 12:50:45 PM by comp

ETH is no scam just and empty promise, a white screen on which we can project overhyped and unrealistic blockchain dreams.A lot of theoretical and technical blabla which, with hindsight, will sound like docters in the middle ages trying to help a patiënt with newly discovered herbs.

It's not a Madoff style scam but just an overhyped blockchain mania that went out of control creating even more delusional ideas about what the blockchain will solve. It's a self-fuelled perpetual madness of inflated dreams that will never come true

Furthermore ETH is a platform ideal for launching other scams. It's a nice hideout, out of regulatory sight, to fill your pockets and run for it. All the junk launched is even worse than ETH because there is no function at all to it.

If you follow Vitalik closely you notice that he is worried about the non-delivery. Theory is all fine, but not when no transition can be made from the theoretical domain to the practical domain

Tulips and blockchain profets  everywhere
gregory51gosh

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Analysis is the key.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 01:08:39 PM

The main problem is that through growth of derivatives (tokens), basic network has problems. It is not a ponzie, more like a typical MLM structure, which requires split to operete properly in some moment (in terms of organization point of view it is like an overgrown corporation). Why not ponzie? Because any coin requires people into the system Smiley - it is not money but agreed among members representation of value (closer to securities)..

██████████████████████████
█████████████     ████████
███████████       ████████
███████████    ███████████
████████          ████████
████████          ████████

████ █████████      ██████
████    █████        █████
█████               ██████
██████             ███████
███████           ████████
████████        ██████████
██████       █████████████

████████████████████   ███
████████████████  ███ ████
████████████    ███   ████
████████      ███    █████
████        ███      █████
██████    ███       ██████
███████████         ██████
██████████   █     ███████
██████████ ███████ ███████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ TOKENLOYALTY.IO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ DAO ecosystem for loyalty programs: YOUTUBE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬LOOK AT THE WHITEPAPER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████    ██████
███████████████████████████      █████
██████ █████████   █████████    ██████
████████ ██████     ██████████████████
██████████ █████   ██████     ████████
████████████ ███████████       ███████
██████████████ █████████       ███████
█████   ████████ ████████     ████████
████     █████████ ███████████████████
█████   ████████████ █████████████████
██████████████████████ ███████████████
████   ███████    ██████ █████████████
███     █████      ███████ ███████████
████   ██████      █████████ █████████
██████████████    ████████████████████
  *Whitepaper
*How to buy
*Roadmap
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:14:18 PM

Ethereum is one (if not the most) of the most trustable cryptocurrencies.

yes very trustable.
but just don't expect your transactions to go through from time to time, and expect them to disappear, stay unconfirmed for weeks, ...
also expect exchanges to disable the wallet at any time because a new bug was found or the blockchain was congested again.
yes very trustable.
also expect another hard fork to roll back in case another ICO pulled a successful big scam like DAO and Vitalik lost money.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
greply

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:44:02 PM

yes very trustable.
but just don't expect your transactions to go through from time to time, and expect them to disappear, stay unconfirmed for weeks, ...
also expect exchanges to disable the wallet at any time because a new bug was found or the blockchain was congested again.
yes very trustable.
also expect another hard fork to roll back in case another ICO pulled a successful big scam like DAO and Vitalik lost money.

Oh how quickly people forget about the hard fork. I wonder how many of the new investors that came in over the last couple of months even know it happened?

abdillahzidan

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:27:41 PM

This does not seem possible. There are still many people investing in etherum, etherum is one of the very best projects, with the largest number of markets after bitcoin. I think this is just a small error.
I agree with your statement
comp

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:20:26 AM

yes very trustable.
yes very trustable.

Oh how quickly people forget about the hard fork. I wonder how many of the new investors that came in over the last couple of months even know it happened?

Nobody....else they would know eth is a scam
AiWanChu

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:56:19 AM

ETH is not as big a scam as the PnD ICOs... pure speculation bubble imo
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:09:31 PM

Ethereum coin is good coin and have good technology and have also good market cap.
Etherum Market cap is $22,769,264,287 and 8,948,448 BTC and have Circulating supply is 93,160,117 ETH
and many investors take it for long term.
usellmecoinnow

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:25:55 PM

I didn't understand WTF this guy was talking about, but based on the awful "infographic", and title, I'm guessing he's butthurt that Eth's down right now. Guess what fuckface? You're not alone. Difference being that weak hands sold and made gay ass infographics while the rest of us know it's going back up... Clearly you're not familiar with technical analysis, because if you were, you'd have seen that the next big climb is going to ~$760. Now, if it were ME and I were trying to scam people, I'd have either:

A) dumped all my coins in the beginning and walked away with millions at the get-go

or

B) dumped all my coins at $400.

The funniest part is that you clearly haven't looked at the distributions of other projects on etherscan.io, such as bancor... One address holds 50% of the coins. So, as near as I can tell, you're mearly a fucking casual, and a lazy one at that, who just wants a voucher for a mansion and a lambo.

Well, it's your lucky day because, I'm about to give you your ticket to success in trading crypto right now, and it can be summed up in two words: research shit. That's all there is. You're welcome. Had I not come in at the wrong time and know what I know now, I'd have fucking sold everything when ETH hit $400. Then I would've spent the next week getting bots set up and tested and bought on the following dip. Sold the next peak, bought the next dip, sold the next peak, etc...

Here's the problem, you're a fucking millenial and you feel as though the world OWE'S YOU A LAMBO. We don't, and neither do the founders of ANY of these currencies or assets. So, you can continue to spend your time making shit-show FUD graphics because you've got weak ass hands and put in more than you could afford to lose, or shut the fuck up, and start researching technical analysis and market trends.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:10:30 AM

From reddit,

sekaterina,

It all boils down: Ethereum is just an attack against Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies).

Big banks - Federal Banks, those who actually control money, are afraid. Bitcoin and crypto is taking their power away from them.

Thats one of the reason we see these attacks constantly, even the alternative bitcoin clients etc. Ethereum is just a bit more sophisticated attack.

This is the trumping up stage for Ethereum, and when it inevitable crashes, banks will win. They will damage Bitcoin. Seriously.

Even if Ethereum does not crash after all these ponzies (Ethereum is a Ponzi of Ponzies), they win, by having such a hold over it. Vitalik is just a patsy. Ethereum's premine most likely was to get most Ethereum into the hands of the powers that be.

FIAT is perfect system for the banksters right now. They want to either destroy bitcoin or bring that same magnificent fraud to cryptocurrencies.

Just ask, why all of sudden big banks have regulators as their best friends. They are not even too shy about wanting to destroy bitcoin. They don't trump it, they don't advertise it, but they are not being too secretive about it neither.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6grsqz/whalepandai_was_wrong_about_ethereum/diswm5o/

How about this news, "The Ethereum Blockchain Is Superior to Bitcoin, Says Private Banker", https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/private-bank-head-declares-ethereums-blockchain-superior-to-bitcoins/

comp

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:04:27 AM

From reddit,

sekaterina,

It all boils down: Ethereum is just an attack against Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies).

Big banks - Federal Banks, those who actually control money, are afraid. Bitcoin and crypto is taking their power away from them.

Thats one of the reason we see these attacks constantly, even the alternative bitcoin clients etc. Ethereum is just a bit more sophisticated attack.

This is the trumping up stage for Ethereum, and when it inevitable crashes, banks will win. They will damage Bitcoin. Seriously.

Even if Ethereum does not crash after all these ponzies (Ethereum is a Ponzi of Ponzies), they win, by having such a hold over it. Vitalik is just a patsy. Ethereum's premine most likely was to get most Ethereum into the hands of the powers that be.

FIAT is perfect system for the banksters right now. They want to either destroy bitcoin or bring that same magnificent fraud to cryptocurrencies.

Just ask, why all of sudden big banks have regulators as their best friends. They are not even too shy about wanting to destroy bitcoin. They don't trump it, they don't advertise it, but they are not being too secretive about it neither.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6grsqz/whalepandai_was_wrong_about_ethereum/diswm5o/

How about this news, "The Ethereum Blockchain Is Superior to Bitcoin, Says Private Banker", https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/private-bank-head-declares-ethereums-blockchain-superior-to-bitcoins/

Maybe the private banker invested in the scam as well. Wonder though if Waves or ETH gets my number 1 prize for biggest scam
Cashcash

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:46:46 AM

$21,833,299,871 dollars could it be deception . If it's true may be the greatest deception in the world .

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: