Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a mess. ETH is a freight train.  (Read 1890 times)
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 05:41:10 AM

BTC has been stuck in impasse hell for over two years because Adam Back and G. Maxwell want to monopolize transaction processing on their Lightning.  Although Bitcoin seems 'decentralized', Blockstream/Core has complete control over the impasse and only they can break it.  They won't.  

On the other hand, ETH is like a heavy loaded freight train going straight down the tracks toward an awesome goal.  Many, many, many companies are now building onto that platform as the future.  That platform is far more dynamic and far more powerful.  It offers many opportunities that don't even exist with Bitcoin.  Many of these features are actively being deployed now, not just a bunch of talk like the people at Bitcoin.  Ethereum is highly organized and orderly.  Even in major crises, they get it sorted and move on in a short time.  

ETH will pass Bitcoin in about 2 more months.  

It's not too late.  Time to switch or get left behind.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:41:01 AM

What a name Ethereum, looks like a online videogame's coin
I'm not worried, Bitcoin will solve his problems and when people will start converting all their money to crypto will trust on Bitcoin no on altcoins.

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:51:44 AM

Very nice attempt to pump a coin which, I m sure you ve got a lot.

Yes, I agree, ETH s growing strong and I would support what you say apart from 2 important reasons.

First, UNLIMITED number of coins. Huh, that one is a problem. Scarcity s something which is very important in the investment world. Gold s pricey cause it s hard to get and it is NOT unlimited. The same is with diamonds, the same is with BTC. Unlimited is something I do not like to see when dealing with crypto.

Second, a few large holders including Vitalik having millions of ETH. Some of them re know of dumping large amounts when they feel like dumping.

All in all, I d suggest differentiating your portfolio and not forgetting to include ETH. However saying BTC s a mess and should be left out ON A DAY IT SURPASSED $3000 per coin?Huh? Nah, that s not how I d classify things in crypto.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:09:56 AM

In my opinion Bitcoin is not a mess, bitcoin has proved to be something valuable as stated by it founding father, " Bitcoin either became something valuable or nothing" and currently Bitcoin has proved to be something valuable. Ethereum is doing very well and I think is a great option for diversification.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:19:26 AM

Not because Eth is doing very good right now it doesn't mean it's not gonna go through some problems in the future. Who knows? It might even have worse problems.

It's just that Eth is currently alot younger than BTC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:48:44 PM

I will watch this thread until ethereum got dumped then see how this people will run a way from and again come to original form . Its just the time asking to make this type of comment take your profit now only . Do you tell exactly how much ethereum will be supplied
Mr. Green

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:52:03 PM

WADDAFUQ?!

How are ethers created?
The total supply of ether and its rate of issuance was decided by the donations gathered on the 2014 presale. The results were roughly:

60 million ether created to contributors of the presale
12 Million (20% of the above) were created to the development fund, most of it going to early contributors and developers and the remaining to the Ethereum Foundation
5 ethers are created every block (roughly 15-17 seconds) to the miner of the block
2-3 ethers are sometimes sent to another miner if they were also able to find a solution but his block wasn't included (called uncle/aunt reward)

This is straight from the eth faq.
72 million eth is premined. %78 of the total circulating supply. How the fuck people can still invest in this premined scam?

How the fuck coinmarketcap list ether  #2 coin while 78% of its supply is premined?

Don't believe me? See it yourself: https://www.ethereum.org/ether

ETH is SCAM!!

There are zero technical reasons to use eth, and entire value is based on lies and deception.

I truly wish everyone in eth to be tortured and removed from existence.
- Every crypto professional

tough
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:01:03 PM

I invest in both BTC and ETH. I trust BTC more than i trust ETH.
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:14:44 PM

Do not compare something that cannot be compared! We can talk hours about ETH but before this:
ETH is centralized token with endless supply and soon its going to be POS..Maybe there is still good chances to grow in price, but this has nothing to do with BTC, which has his own path, and it is created to deliver us to decentralization. Huh
By this analogy we still have PayPal and it is good!
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the elephant in the room? Ethereum's scaling problem. With all of the Dapps running on Eth were gonna have huge issues when transactions begin to be delayed. How will the gambling sites work that require high speed transactions? Eth needs to go DPOS to resolve this but they never will. Simple POS with 15tps just doesn't cut it these days.

richsoon

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:55:57 PM

BTC has been stuck in impasse hell for over two years because Adam Back and G. Maxwell want to monopolize transaction processing on their Lightning.  Although Bitcoin seems 'decentralized', Blockstream/Core has complete control over the impasse and only they can break it.  They won't.  

On the other hand, ETH is like a heavy loaded freight train going straight down the tracks toward an awesome goal.  Many, many, many companies are now building onto that platform as the future.  That platform is far more dynamic and far more powerful.  It offers many opportunities that don't even exist with Bitcoin.  Many of these features are actively being deployed now, not just a bunch of talk like the people at Bitcoin.  Ethereum is highly organized and orderly.  Even in major crises, they get it sorted and move on in a short time.  

ETH will pass Bitcoin in about 2 more months.  

It's not too late.  Time to switch or get left behind.  

Freight trains also crash all the harder cause of the weight at which they move.

Anyway I don't disagree but you know what comes up must come down, Ethereum needs a stable period without too much volatility before its really ready to take over from bitcoin.
jackychanxxx

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:27:06 PM

I buy ETH only for ICOs, I think it's the same for many other people.

shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:54:04 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 03:14:38 PM by shyliar

The freight train analogy is a poor one. At least from the point of view of functionality. You're comparing a relatively fast moving item to a decentralized public chain that runs hundreds (if not thousands) of times slower than a cell phone or the 8080 processor.

Obviously such a slow system cannot run multiple smart contracts for thousands of DAPPs as people without computer knowledge have been convinced. Ethereum the platform is definitely interesting and will likely be used in developing private blockchains for international businesses. Not sure why folks think that has anything to do with the token called ETH.

The public token will never be capable of both running thousands of DAPPs and function as a currency. Modifying your imagery based on current price to a runaway freight train does seem more realistic.
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:00:42 PM

BTC will always be the first major crypto, and it has been around for 9 years now. Ethereum, on the other hand, only came to market a few days ago.

It does not matter how efficient a coin and it's technology is, it cannot support over  hundred million users.  It is impossible to have only one coin. There is space for a few
Goldsheik

Activity: 148

GOLDSHEIK POWER

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:56:27 PM

Scarcity s something which is very important in the investment world

If we're thinking about making this a usable currency, I disagree. It scares me that there will only be a fixed amount of Bitcoins for the rest of eternity.
Think about how many coins were lost in the beginning of Bitcoin. Miners had thousands of coins and just threw their computers in the trash because nobody thought Bitcoin would become valuable.

Coins are lost in cyberspace all the time, every day. Even I have abandoned coins on wallets and markets where I can't even remember my password or username. Who knows how much I have there.
As time goes by, more and more coins are forever lost by stupid people.  Grin
Maybe one day we don't even have enough coins in circulation for BTC to be a usable currency.

Still, I'd say it's better than ETH. ETH is not a currency at all, that's why I don't really invest in it or believe in it. It's not a currency for the people, it's something else. I'm interested in something that will be used by everyone in the world.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:10:33 PM

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the elephant in the room? Ethereum's scaling problem. With all of the Dapps running on Eth were gonna have huge issues when transactions begin to be delayed. How will the gambling sites work that require high speed transactions? Eth needs to go DPOS to resolve this but they never will. Simple POS with 15tps just doesn't cut it these days.

Exactly why there is hype around EOS & current graphene DPOS based chains.  Everyone here just regurgitates information without performing any due diligence.

At the same time, ETH passing BTC in price will bring increased attention to other chains which is good for the whole industry.  Let it rise, stall the network like btc, and another will take its place.
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:28:14 PM

Hmmm, how do you say bitcoin is a mess while ethereym is a freight train by knowing the market driver is bitcoin even though market capitalizations are very close to each other. Just take bitcoin serious.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:31:38 PM

Hmmm, how do you say bitcoin is a mess while ethereym is a freight train by knowing the market driver is bitcoin even though market capitalizations are very close to each other. Just take bitcoin serious.

Bitcoin is the mainstream market driver however how can you take bitcoin seriously when you view this chart?  https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count?timespan=60days
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:25:09 PM

It does get mentioned. The problem is that most people are not computer literate and the marketing strategy has successfully convince people that the public chain is some type of supercomputer. Unfortunately, when ETH fails to deliver and crashes it's going to be damaging to cryptocurrency in general.
olarsson

Activity: 208

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:21:33 PM

BTC will always be the first major crypto, and it has been around for 9 years now.

Ridicoulous statement. ETH will be have bigger market cap in a few days. Bitcoin would be a the better coin if Core-team would not try to destroy it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: