Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:20:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many ICO - new scam scheme?  (Read 1540 times)
channingwilmer (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:53:25 AM

I have just noticed that there are too many ICO around and most of the projects are similar to each other. As you can see, we both have monaco ICO and token card ICO. DO you think that it is worth to invest in ICO? I have a strong feeling that there are many people abusing the ICO in order to build a new kind of MLM scheme. People will lose their money once the coin get on some exchange.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄███████████▄
░░░░▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░▀██▄
░░░██▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░▀██
░░██▀░░▄██▀▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
██▀░░██▀░░▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
██▀░░██░░▄██▀▀▀█▄
██░░██░░██▀
██░░▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄░░██
██░░██░░██▄
██▄░░██░░▀██▄▄▄█▀
██▄░░██▄░░▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░██▄░░▀██▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀
░░░██▄░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄██
░░░░▀██▄▄░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░░░░▀███████████▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  Twitter
▀  Telegram
▀  Facebook
▀  ANN Thread
▀  Whitepaper
▀  Website
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:52:03 PM

I have just noticed that there are too many ICO around and most of the projects are similar to each other. As you can see, we both have monaco ICO and token card ICO. DO you think that it is worth to invest in ICO? I have a strong feeling that there are many people abusing the ICO in order to build a new kind of MLM scheme. People will lose their money once the coin get on some exchange.
Recently i participated in one campaign and i was closely watching that ICO move. Soon in main ANN thread there was lots of scam accusation happened that guy could not able to solve finally he dint do the ICO .
malexls

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:27:54 PM

It's not that easy to raise so much funds for a startup in real life

We already know from where the eth dump will be coming from.. Let's say 2 or 3 huge ICO-scam, media attention (see 2008, mtgox, ... they love this kind of affair), price drops.

Just care, this big ico scam that might provoke the Eth dump is among them.
webvn2k

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:53:59 PM

yes , because BTC's price up ,and up ,  too many ico, and too many scam .
kelseydustin

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:24:04 PM

yeah buddy. I do agree with what you are saying here. I do not like ICOs because people are just throwing their money at a project without thinking and moreover, there are too may others are using this type of activity to steal people's property
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:51:24 PM

it is the new age of altcoins, before it was pre mined altcoins then it gave way to heavily pre mined altcoins. but after a while people simply stopped even buying any altcoin that had a premine. they took money before doing anything by premining.

then they caught up and started new age, ICOs. now they take the money before doing anything by running an ICO!
in a short time people will catch up and then they will move on to a new method of scamming.

meanwhile if you know this fact you either stay away or have a gambling attitude and try to test your luck.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BaumT

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:12:48 PM

I think you should make a thorough research of the ICO before you consider investing in it, to avoid all the scams since now there are too many scams out there
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:45:45 PM

Well you know the bitcoin price is skyrocketing
If you didn't trust this many ICO,you have to just participate in the bounty not to invest
Just search their background and news if you want to invest in some of the ICO
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:52:11 PM

I don't gives statement that many Ico are mean new way to scam investors, i just take it as positive of growing digital coins,
because there are good ICOs out there that has fungtion and really be builded by developers,
even the ICOs be scam coins in the ending that is just part of risk investing in ICOs
the solution for this problem should the investors learn more about the ICOs before invest in it.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:30:08 PM

We don't know what creators think about their businesses. Maybe they think if it will be unsuccessful, no worry dump your token, take profit and go away.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

Altcoin creator may take advantage since bitcoin getting pump recently so people must be more careful for what they want to invest especially altcoin. As I know altcoin are more riskier than bitcoin market but altcoin potential are unpredictable and can be better than bitcoin

Smiley
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:40:03 PM

I don't gives statement that many Ico are mean new way to scam investors, i just take it as positive of growing digital coins,
because there are good ICOs out there that has fungtion and really be builded by developers,
even the ICOs be scam coins in the ending that is just part of risk investing in ICOs
the solution for this problem should the investors learn more about the ICOs before invest in it.
You made a good point here, there are some interesting project that worth to invest in, these projects have real use cases and aim to replace the traditional companies in some important sectors.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:59:30 PM

There are many ICOs that produce this crypto growth well, we just need to be more careful about choosing ICO to get involved in investing.
There are several things that should be examined, among others:
Number of supply coins, who coin advisor, what is the purpose of the coin?
Anyone does not want to get into fraudulent investment.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

People believing in ICO because they know they can earn  profit investing in it after its added in exchange. Some times they will have  morethan x10 profit after investing  so not bad at all .  we all know that every investment have a risk so it's your own decisions  if you want to invest your money just always remember invest only what you can afford to loose.
Haladay

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:34:01 PM

There is a booming platform for ICO things. But it's hard to understand which one is real, or bubble, or scam. This is a huge problem since lots of scam one raised over millions.
Jeger.Kiting

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:48:30 PM

We don't know what creators think about their businesses. Maybe they think if it will be unsuccessful, no worry dump your token, take profit and go away.

If ICO is a fraud and we have joined in it what we should take it and leave it, whereas it's all obviously a fraud, I do not quite understand with your intent to make a post like this, can you explain about your post here.
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:35:12 PM

Yea.. most of them are just selling nothing. Just promises and bright future..
I would accept them only if they bring something on the table before the crowdsales..
jane418

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:06:22 PM

Your signature and avatar indicate that you are involved in an ICO Smiley

bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:48:02 PM

People believing in ICO because they know they can earn  profit investing in it after its added in exchange. Some times they will have  morethan x10 profit after investing  so not bad at all .  we all know that every investment have a risk so it's your own decisions  if you want to invest your money just always remember invest only what you can afford to loose.

Yeah but that's the problem. People do not believe in a Project, itself. They only believe in the possibility to make x10 in the Exchange. That will bring numerous of problems in following months. Note that, there will be lots of disappointments about hyped ICOs.
shenjing85

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:51:42 PM

I have the same concern with the recent ICO projects. Some of them are not so promising but sold out in a short time. It seem that a lot of people are coming into this market without enough investigation. It is crazy!

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███