Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:50:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading with 100-250k tips  (Read 749 times)
gn01 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:07:45 AM

Are there any things that are important to know before you begin to invest 100-250k into cryptocurrency? Of course I have read a lot of stuff and know the basics including cold storage, using the right exchanges with the proper tier rating etc. Also already made a lot of small transactions to get the comfortable with trading.

E.G. when you want to buy 1000 ETH, what would be the best strategy?

- Buy 1000 ETH at once or split it in e.g. 10x100 ETH?
- Same question for selling 1000 ETH. Will it be wise to split?

Maybe there are other things in general worth knowing. I tried to search the forum for answers but could not find anything on this topic.
Help is much appreciated.
tigerwood0432

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:08:05 PM

Buy 10x 100 ETH , when it comes down 5 to 10 % from daily high price = you buy , everyday buy a small portion at best price Smiley

▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████
██username 12345█████████████████████████████
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
██1234567███12345678██12345678███12345678████
████████████████████████████████████████████
████▒▒▒▒▒▒███████████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
CryptoPay

GET IT NOW
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:19:02 PM

Are there any things that are important to know before you begin to invest 100-250k into cryptocurrency? Of course I have read a lot of stuff and know the basics including cold storage, using the right exchanges with the proper tier rating etc. Also already made a lot of small transactions to get the comfortable with trading.

Maybe there are other things in general worth knowing. I tried to search the forum for answers but could not find anything on this topic.

It's a very wise decision to split your cash or investment capital to up to 10 portfolios. Investing all your capital in just one coin is too risky to take. Another idea that you will need to add to your trading plan or strategy is money management principle.
gn01 (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:21:45 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 12:19:12 PM by gn01

thanks for the feedback.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

It's a very wise decision to split your cash or investment capital to up to 10 portfolios. Investing all your capital in just one coin is too risky to take. Another idea that you will need to add to your trading plan or strategy is money management principle.

I would expand on this to say that it is unwise to split your cash among crypto only. If you have a couple million dollars saved up in other, safer assets, then sure, go ahead and put your $250k into crypto... but if this is a significant chunk of your life savings, then putting it all in crypto is a life-changing mistake. Crypto is highly risky and it is a gamble - whether you profit or not is luck. You could easily lose nearly all of your investment.

I would recommend putting like 90% of your savings into much safer assets such as bonds and index funds. If you want to be very risky and speculative, and you don't mind losing nearly all of your investment, then it might make sense to put the other 10% in crypto. That being said, there are safer options for that remaining 10% with just as much upside potential and significantly less risk.

Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:41:18 AM

Buy 10x 100 ETH , when it comes down 5 to 10 % from daily high price = you buy , everyday buy a small portion at best price Smiley

Eth trading or holding will assumes the preferable one for everyone. I don't know why eth value is also increasing faster with the bitcoin. if we buy the eth much than bitcoin, it will give profit like how bitcoin is giving for the btc holders. If you wish involve in ETH trading, will reach to millionaire position soon.
Klapper

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:00:52 AM

I would recommend putting like 90% of your savings into much safer assets such as bonds and index funds. If you want to be very risky and speculative, and you don't mind losing nearly all of your investment, then it might make sense to put the other 10% in crypto. That being said, there are safer options for that remaining 10% with just as much upside potential and significantly less risk.

Well, ALL of you investment is a bit exaggerated I think.

But tell me, what could the other 10% spend on with the sam upwords potential and less risk? I'm curious what you're aiming at there.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:56:03 AM

Since you are talking about big money here, be careful with exchanges they may try to freeze your account, not because you have done anything wrong but just for the sheer size of it, if you can use decentralized exchanges in order to buy the ETH that you want, it may be a good idea that you do so, so you can avoid the scenario that I'm describing with centralized exchanges.
MacCompiler

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:34:37 AM

You wanna really buy up 1000ETH?
What you are doing when price will crash?
Only play with money you are able to loose
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 05:56:44 AM

It makes sense for you to use multiple wallets to secure your coins if the sum is large enough. The biggest issue is if you diversify into multiple coins that means you would also need to update multiple blockchains if you add new transactions at some point in time in order to send and utilize the coins, in your case 10x100 ETH wallets depending on how it is split up could mean downloading 10 Geth Wallets with 10 Addresses and Private Keys and storing them somewhere safe. While one wallet would put all the risk of it being lost or stolen into 1 basket but provides the convenience of access and ease.

If you mix online storage options then you run the risk of a site running away with your coins etc.

The balance and distribution is up to you to decide some could be hotwallet connected to the internet on computer other parts cold storage perhaps some online or on mobile etc, in the end I would suggest splitting up the wallets into manageable amounts but not having so many that you might lose the wallet by accident and lose a portion of your coins aka if you have a mobile wallet etc have a backup.dat. Except online exchanges where you don't have the private key etc.

In other words practice safe backup and storage and perhaps add a password phrase for each wallet and remember it! Do that and you should be fine with just a few wallets, I know if I had a BTC ETH DASH CLAM etc wallet and separate balances for each one I would prefer to have one or two dedicated wallets per coin than 10 or 20. You pick what you want in the end.

If ether is all you want then and that works for you then good but, if some clients have staking example Clam or Dash then having a sufficient amount to receive rewards from the network is better and smarter than having multiple wallets with a balance to small to stake. So knowing your altcoin and the value of it's node may be a big decider on how much you put in, by giving these some considerations you should be perfectly fine with managing your assets in a proper way.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: