Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins are going to be used "IRL"?  (Read 222 times)
Tolrem (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:07:56 AM

What coins are going to be used by grandma to buy gumdrops and diapers? The more I dig the more I realize many coins, even well established ones, are pie-in-the-sky fantasies with niche uses. As much as I love it I'm not interested in speculating in all of that. Too many variables, too likely to get ripped off by established players (banks, tech companies, etc). I'm interested in finding out more about coins that are going to be potentially used by "normal" people in day to day life. Coins that potentially cannot get bullied out by the new "Apple Inc Coin" or "Microsoft Bro Bux".

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:23:03 AM

Check out the older country coins (watch out, there are scams there as well).

Auroracoin (AUR) is an Icelandic country coin. Last 1,5 year the focus had been on stabilizing the chain, building the market (with an AUR/ISK exchange, moving AUR back into Iceland) and getting the brand out with marketing and events. Currently, AUR is early in the process of getting brick and mortar merchants hooked up.

Another coin to watch in Gulden (NLG), which has/had(?) pretty much the same goal for the Netherlands.

Other country coins are there as well (Sterlingcoin for the UK, not sure where they are at the moment), but might not be active any more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: