Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:59:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me import my dogecoin private keys  (Read 908 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:06:37 AM

Hi,
I used a wallet on my old android phone for dogecoin as at the time (in 2014) I thought that a smartphone would be faster and more convenient than having to bring a heavy laptop with me everytime I needed to access my coins.

I'll keep this to the point since I've looked everywhere else online and couldn't find a solution specific to the wallet I originally exported coins from, into a standard wallet now:
1.I used this app originally https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.langerhans.wallet&hl=en_GB on my smartphone
2.I then exported it as a password protected file.It wasn't a wallet.dat file as I thought it would. It just says this:"dogecoin-wallet-keys-2014-04-25" and I still have the password with me so that's not the issue here.
3.I've since tried to import to wallets made recently such as Dogecoin core 1.10,MultiDoge (latest version) and Exodus (latest version) but to no avail as all of these wallets expect either a wallet.dat file or a .keys file,I have neither of those files and the changing file extension trick didn't work (as the apps said they couldn't be read,even when I entered my password)
4.I'm posting this on here after a long break away from this forum as I don't see any reliable tips on other sites I looked at (dogecoin forums,reddit dogecoin subreddits) and I'm hoping someone on here can help me find something to get that wallet open.
5.I remember seeing around 56K dogecoins in that wallet. Thanks to the sharp rise in value of BTC,ETH and LTC,I also heard that dogecoin will follow the same direction as it seems all cryptocoins that were created earlier but largely forgotten about until now are rising in value.

Is there anyone who can help?
Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:09:27 AM

Hi,
I used a wallet on my old android phone for dogecoin as at the time (in 2014) I thought that a smartphone would be faster and more convenient than having to bring a heavy laptop with me everytime I needed to access my coins.

I'll keep this to the point since I've looked everywhere else online and couldn't find a solution specific to the wallet I originally exported coins from, into a standard wallet now:
1.I used this app originally https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.langerhans.wallet&hl=en_GB on my smartphone
2.I then exported it as a password protected file.It wasn't a wallet.dat file as I thought it would. It just says this:"dogecoin-wallet-keys-2014-04-25" and I still have the password with me so that's not the issue here.
3.I've since tried to import to wallets made recently such as Dogecoin core 1.10,MultiDoge (latest version) and Exodus (latest version) but to no avail as all of these wallets expect either a wallet.dat file or a .keys file,I have neither of those files and the changing file extension trick didn't work (as the apps said they couldn't be read,even when I entered my password)
4.I'm posting this on here after a long break away from this forum as I don't see any reliable tips on other sites I looked at (dogecoin forums,reddit dogecoin subreddits) and I'm hoping someone on here can help me find something to get that wallet open.
5.I remember seeing around 56K dogecoins in that wallet. Thanks to the sharp rise in value of BTC,ETH and LTC,I also heard that dogecoin will follow the same direction as it seems all cryptocoins that were created earlier but largely forgotten about until now are rising in value.

Thanks Smiley

Do you have the apk file of that android wallet?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:15:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks Smiley

Do you have the apk file of that android wallet?

I don't have access to the .apk file for that wallet. Im sure that if you had an android smartphone/tablet,you might be able to see inside the file once you download it from the store.

I only downloaded apps from the Play store,never as .apk files from third party sites.

Since July 2015 I've moved over to the iPhone as I prefer it's simplicity over other platforms but that's just my view.Not here to start once of those android vs iPhone debates as we've seen enough of them already.

poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:25:50 AM

I'm afraid you have no other choice than use the app that created this unusual wallet file.
Borrow Android device from one of your friends/collogues, somebody around you have to have one.
Other option is to use good, trusted escrow to import this wallet in to his device and just send you the coins, dogechain fees are small so not to much loss in the process, of course some escrow fee must be considered.
Or you can just wait Smiley doge will spike again ( in like 5years  Roll Eyes ) In this case download this app and store with your wallet file, who knows, maybe it will be removed from store in the future.

2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:29:31 AM

Is it on the google play store still ?

If yes just use an android emulator to get the file then restore.

I have Coinomi I just backed up the APK file just for this reason in case I need it in the futue.

Good luck!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 10:33:16 AM

I'm afraid you have no other choice than use the app that created this unusual wallet file.
Borrow Android device from one of your friends/collogues, somebody around you have to have one.
Other option is to use good, trusted escrow to import this wallet in to his device and just send you the coins, dogechain fees are small so not to much loss in the process, of course some escrow fee must be considered.
Or you can just wait Smiley doge will spike again ( in like 5years  Roll Eyes ) In this case download this app and store with your wallet file, who knows, maybe it will be removed from store in the future.

Thanks for letting me know about my options. This wallet app has generated a rather unusual wallet file.Looks like I need to find a reputable escrow who can get the Dogecoins off of this and send it back to me after the escrow fee is taken off.

Know anyone who has an android device that can install the app,then import this file into the app and use my password to open it and then send the coins back to my new address?

In the meantime I'll be looking around for a second hand cheap android smartphone that can run this wallet.

I've used android emulators on my mac but they all keep crashing and don't let me access the Play store and again I don't have a PC to hand (not sure if bootcamp can help here?)

Thanks for your help everyone,it seems there's no other way than either getting an android smartphone to open this wallet or ask an escrow to do so for a fee. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: