Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:37:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally moving to Ethereum  (Read 881 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:35:24 PM

Guys what do you think?
I am seriously considering moving most of my funds from Bitcoin to Ethereum. Ethereum could hit $1000 before Dec, I want to be part of the success. The Great Bitcoin is badly managed at the moment or some are trying hard to destroy or control it

Do you think Ethereum is stable enough to manage hugh fund.
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:42:01 PM

Guys what do you think?
I am seriously considering moving most of my funds from Bitcoin to Ethereum. Ethereum could hit $1000 before Dec, I want to be part of the success. The Great Bitcoin is badly managed at the moment or some are trying hard to destroy or control it

I would not move them all. Maybe split your funds between them. Diversification is good.
imhoneer
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1513

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

The main risk of ETH is the precedent of Buterin (when he arbitrarily created the fork of the Etherium). The etherium will also switch to the pos algorithm. Before that, many coins on pos were small. Here there will be a large coin. It will attract a lot of good hackers. You should be well confident in the ETH code when they switch to pos.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
        █  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █        
       ▄▀▀▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▀▀▄      
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀        ▄▀ ▄ ▄ ▀▄          █
█▄▄▄      █   █▀█   █      ▄▄▄█
 █  ▀▀▀▄▄▄█   █▀▀▄  █▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
 █        █   █▄▄█  █        █
 █         ▀▄ ▀ ▀ ▄▀         █
 █           ▀▀▀▀▀         █ █
 █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀ █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
    ▀▀                   ▀▀  

Arbitrum Balance
/

▄▄████▄▄
         ▄▄████████████▄▄
      ▄██████████ █████████▄
█▀█▄▄▄███████████ █▀█▀██████
▀▀▀         ▀████      ▀████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄    █ ████  ████
     ▄▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀█        ███
     █▄█   ▀▀▀▀▀█ █████  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█       ▄██
   ▄▄▄     ▄█████ █▄█▄████
   █▄█▀▀▀▀███████ ██████▀
            ▀████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀

imhoneer investment fund
/

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

Telegram-кaнaл @imho_idea
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:19:22 PM

No crypto can be "managed" or "controlled" while ETH can because it is centralized and has someone's control over it while Bitcoins are free to move anywhere. The only reason I see bitcoin could fail, is the mentality of its adopters who are just getting into it and taking it more as a speculative asset rather than considering its use as a currency itself.
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 01:26:59 PM

I did a thing just like that. I used to have altcoins and Bitcoins, and i would use Bitcoin as a "safe" coin, where i would keep my profits. But now i decided i like Eth more, so i have changed from having BTC as a safe option to Etherium as a safe option.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 02:59:09 PM

Guys what do you think?

nobody will ever give you a proper answer on this forum when you ask a question like this. and it doesn't matter what coin you are asking this question about, even if bitcoin.

do your own research and if you really think it is a good move then don't hesitate on doing it. and be prepared for the different possible futures.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
BaumT

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:09:35 PM

Ethereum is getting bigger and better each and everyday, I also consider investing in it, it might reach the $1000 or more by the end of this year
xiufei

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:11:55 PM

Guys what do you think?

ya it can. but it need more support and project. now it can break 500$ ez. I think so
100%succes

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:36:52 PM

Ethereum is getting bigger and better each and everyday, I also consider investing in it, it might reach the $1000 or more by the end of this year
Will it really happen? Already many people are talking about the ETH will reach $ 1000.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:44:10 PM

Guys what do you think?

Depends how you look at it. Yes someone is trying hard to badly manage Bitcoin, but that gives huge potential when that bad managing will get solved. So you might miss that train.
About ethereum.
It was an ICO + lots ETH given for free to developers.
It will get huge amounts of coins added every year.
It runs for 3 years and now got some huge projects on it. No one can be sure those projects will get enough security.  When they hit problem they just reverse the blockchain.
It will switch to PoS. Is that secure?
Its price raised 30 times in last half year.

Beside this it have lots positive points yes.
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 620

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:59:12 PM

Guys what do you think?

Why you will convert most of your funds to Ethereum? Are you sure that you want to leave bitcoin for sure and for real?

People will still stick to bitcoin and this hype of price increase by Ethereum will soon end either.

As investors and people will still go for decentralized crypto currency and that is bitcoin, just create a portion for ETH and also to Bitcoin.

gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:08:06 PM

Its price rising because of icos, it will pop burst soon. Bitcoin is the only decentralized coin!
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:27:20 PM

Ethereum is exploiting the lack of agreement between bitcoin core developers, but when this problem is solved, most of people will get back to bitcoin because it has greater adoption.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:45:20 PM

Why would anyone leave decentralized coin ( which is the main purpose behind all this ) and join centralized coin yes ETH doing great and i am very

happy for it i do invest some on it but to just move all my fund into it i really do not know . maybe you have your reasons .
carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:51:54 PM

Guys what do you think?

I would not move them all. Maybe split your funds between them. Diversification is good.
Correct, we might see some light on Eth but better to have them both and as said diversification would be always good incase if one of them fails then you wont lose it all.People starts to make preparations on things ahead seems like they know already the path of bitcoin on upcoming months or years.It does really have a problem and other people doesn't like that,Its still matter on peoples preference though.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:54:28 PM

Guys what do you think?

Ethereum is have a good days and I think passing the same process bitcoin has passed through before. In my opinion bitcoin is not destroy yet! Bitcoin is just having correlation from the recent pump. Ethereum is going to get a dump when it hit $500 and also get a correlation too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: