Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:43:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bancor ICO has crashed MEW  (Read 1873 times)
mdkb (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 03:28:31 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 03:47:50 PM by mdkb

Seems the Bancor ICO has crashed the main MEW node so you cannot access the MyEtherWallet and send Eth to buy into the ICO

the way round it , supposedly, was to click on top right corner in MEW and change the node

but having done that and getting a MEW message to say I successfully sent using the etherscan.io node , I cannot find my tx anywhere, it appeared to send successfully, but has yet to show up anywhere is not even pending on etherscan.io
not going to risk sending again in case something is wrong out there.

Bancor twitter says the ICO has been deliberately attacked.

will be interesting to see what comes of this. it's a big balls up all round for people trying to invest.

EDIT:

my pending tx has only just showed up on etherscan.io about 20 minutes later, so was completely missing until now.

also Bancor have announced they are extending the 1 hour guarantee to 3 hours due to the network attack but this has broken contract for people who paid BitcoinSuisseAG good money to guarantee there position in that hour. thats going to be a legal mess they are going to have to deal with when the dust settles.

interesting times.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:07:27 PM

Yeah, it is quite a mess. People who use MyEtherWallet should use the Etherscan.io node

I wish to add BNT as a custom token at MyEtherWallet in order to view the balance. Which address should be used and how many decimals? Thanks.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:17:34 PM

Yeah, it is quite a mess. People who use MyEtherWallet should use the Etherscan.io node

I wish to add BNT as a custom token at MyEtherWallet in order to view the balance. Which address should be used and how many decimals? Thanks.

You can add BNT using the following details

Address: 0x1F573D6Fb3F13d689FF844B4cE37794d79a7FF1C
Token symbol: BNT
Decimal: 18
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:18:38 PM

Thanks a million. All is good now.  Cool
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:24:51 PM

Looks the bancor network gets attakc by the hacker. Their statement is not for the ethereum network but for his own network. That means the problem is on their network. MEW alreaydy run for well now.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

Looks the bancor network gets attakc by the hacker. Their statement is not for the ethereum network but for his own network. That means the problem is on their network. MEW alreaydy run for well now.

I am not too sure. More than one of the MEW nodes were down.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 04:44:31 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 09:54:12 PM by gedor

People are crazy. This is more than a bubble. A new definition is required. But also million dollars in crypto market not like that in the real market.
mdkb (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:24:24 PM

People are crazy. This is more than a bubble. A new definition is required.

yea its called a 'Law Suit'

there are so many people who will have lost out.  the ICO has now ended according to the Bancor twitter account

and I for one still have my Eth tx listed as pending which means they will reject it I expect.

there are literally hundreds of people posting in anger on twitter at the mess and debarcle, esp since some people paid good money to BitcoinSuisseAG to be in on the 1 hour, which then got suddenly extended to 3 hours on a whim due to 'network attack'. (that old chestnut)

this is a good example of an ICO campaign doing what they want, when they feel like it, and fuck everyone who gets shafted, just give us your money.

I hope that everyone involved who gets shafted, has the sense to gather together and make this a landmark event in terms of the sheer numbers of people that can maybe put pressure on this not happening again and see some kind of recompense other than Bancor cheering and toasting their successful collection of everyones money.

it is basically taking the piss, but then hey,  this is the new Gold Rush, and this is the Wild West.
Expect no law here.

mdkb (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:32:50 PM

here is what happened on MyEtherWallet during the Bancor ICO (it is a chart for tx's @ MyEtherWallet Twitter post)

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/874295898532069378/photo/1
xhienigat

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:34:51 PM

So this explains why I wasn't able to log in to MyEtherWallet, should I be worried though? Do I need to transfer my funds left on this wallet. Has anyone tried to access them just now?

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
John Wick

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 05:38:12 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 07:56:22 PM by John Wick

no, it's not the problem of MEW, it's the problem of Bancor network itself. bancor network crashed during crowd funding. not the MEW.
MissEmVa

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:28:32 PM

BIG network problems due to the ICO
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:30:09 PM

No, it's not the problem of MEW, it's the problem of Bancor network itself. Bancor network crashed during crowd funding. Not the MEW.

That doesn't explain why folks had trouble sending ETH from POLO and other exchanges to MEW.
mdkb (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:49:58 PM

No, it's not the problem of MEW, it's the problem of Bancor network itself. Bancor network crashed during crowd funding. Not the MEW.

That doesn't explain why folks had trouble sending ETH from POLO and other exchanges to MEW.

Yes it does, MEW tx traffic during Bancor ICO was off the chart, see the post above with the chart from the MEW tweet. (EDIT: see this link here https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/874295898532069378/photo/1 )

what I want to know is if Bancor extended the 1 hour window to 3 hours, how come my purchase got cancelled during that time, and who do I harrass at Bancor about it.
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 01:35:38 AM

I think that we gave a "hug of death" to MEW and Etherscan, the nodes couldn't handle so many trx at the same time.

I couldn't use MEW node, tried my transactions 4 times on etherscan, an the 5th with MEW and I was able to confirm it after 2-3hours. I got lucky

BANCOR
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:59:51 AM

Yes it does, MEW tx traffic during Bancor ICO was off the chart, see the post above with the chart from the MEW tweet. (EDIT: see this link here https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/874295898532069378/photo/1 )

what I want to know is if Bancor extended the 1 hour window to 3 hours, how come my purchase got cancelled during that time, and who do I harrass at Bancor about it.

My point is that it did affect the ETH network, because ETH transfers that have nothing to do with Bancor, were also negatively affected.

I succeeded to submit my first transaction within the first hour by some miracle. However, it got canceled after 30 minutes or so. This was after I tried several times within a second after the ICO officially started. I reached out to a friend. He advised me to use the Etherscan.io node. I did and the transaction went through smoothly. I then advised folks at the forums to do the same. Nonetheless, safe to say, the ICO was a mess given all the pending transactions (4600+ when I last checked).

I am sure it couldn't hurt to contact Bancor (https://bancor.network/contact), but whether they will be in a position to do something about it is a different story altogether. There are simply too many loose ends.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:04:44 AM

I think that we gave a "hug of death" to MEW and Etherscan, the nodes couldn't handle so many trx at the same time.

I couldn't use MEW node, tried my transactions 4 times on etherscan, an the 5th with MEW and I was able to confirm it after 2-3hours. I got lucky

Yeah, we probably "attacked" the living daylight out of it!  Grin

I am glad you got lucky. I also count myself among the lucky ones. However, I will be brutally honest, it took a lot of patience and swearing to succeed. It was certainly not one of my proudest moments. Cool
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:16:05 AM

no, it's not the problem of MEW, it's the problem of Bancor network itself. bancor network crashed during crowd funding. not the MEW.

Yes, the news is propagating in a different may people scared about whether MEW is not accessible. I think there is no problem with the MEW the problem raised with the Bancor network only.
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:29:25 AM

so meaning the reason why im not able to see my balance in mew yesterday beacause of too much investment entering in bancor.  Huh
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:29:54 AM

Yes, the news is propagating in a different may people scared about whether MEW is not accessible. I think there is no problem with the MEW the problem raised with the Bancor network only.

It was not a complete failure of the MEW network or that Bancor's network crashed. Parts of the ETH network were affected by the out of action nodes at MEW - probably due to attacks or simply too high transaction volumes. However, not all nodes at MEW were affected. Bancor related transactions via the Etherscan.io node went through smoothly via MEW.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: