Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bancor ICO has crashed MEW  (Read 1873 times)
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:32:19 AM

so meaning the reason why im not able to see my balance in mew yesterday beacause of too much investment entering in bancor.  Huh

Did you add BNT as a custom token? If you did and didn't see any balance (assuming there is supposed to be a balance), it is because the node(s) you used at MEW to access the ETH network were down or out of action at the time.
jd8511

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:41:08 PM

I feel lucky I gave it up at the last minute. Bancor does not seems to be a profitable project, better to hold my ETH.

mdkb (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:09:31 PM

so meaning the reason why im not able to see my balance in mew yesterday beacause of too much investment entering in bancor.  Huh

Did you add BNT as a custom token? If you did and didn't see any balance (assuming there is supposed to be a balance), it is because the node(s) you used at MEW to access the ETH network were down or out of action at the time.

no I didnt add it because my tx got cancelled.

at first I couldnt get a response on the MEW node so changed the node to etherscan.io at the 1 hour marker
that went through but disappeared then showed up about 10 minutes later as pending
by about the 2 hour marker it just cancelled the tx and the eth was returned to my MEW,
now the tx says it doesnt exist
though my MEW says it was a failed tx to the Bancorcrowdsale and the reason given in tx is "cancelled"

juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:26:51 PM

Seems the Bancor ICO has crashed the main MEW node so you cannot access the MyEtherWallet and send Eth to buy into the ICO

the way round it , supposedly, was to click on top right corner in MEW and change the node

but having done that and getting a MEW message to say I successfully sent using the etherscan.io node , I cannot find my tx anywhere, it appeared to send successfully, but has yet to show up anywhere is not even pending on etherscan.io
not going to risk sending again in case something is wrong out there.

Bancor twitter says the ICO has been deliberately attacked.

will be interesting to see what comes of this. it's a big balls up all round for people trying to invest.

EDIT:

my pending tx has only just showed up on etherscan.io about 20 minutes later, so was completely missing until now.

also Bancor have announced they are extending the 1 hour guarantee to 3 hours due to the network attack but this has broken contract for people who paid BitcoinSuisseAG good money to guarantee there position in that hour. thats going to be a legal mess they are going to have to deal with when the dust settles.

interesting times.

It seems that the  main MEW node need more improvement to hold large transactions in a short time. Maybe it is a not a bad thing for technology improvement.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
wnfmzm74

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:50:52 PM

crazy ICO market! I think the bubble will be break recently
Bancor 's market value is so big
Are those guys join the coin want get 10x profit?
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:56:10 PM

no I didnt add it because my tx got cancelled.

at first I couldnt get a response on the MEW node so changed the node to etherscan.io at the 1 hour marker
that went through but disappeared then showed up about 10 minutes later as pending
by about the 2 hour marker it just cancelled the tx and the eth was returned to my MEW,
now the tx says it doesnt exist
though my MEW says it was a failed tx to the Bancorcrowdsale and the reason given in tx is "cancelled"

In other words, beyond the gas spent, you're still sitting with most of your ETH.  Cool
OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:00:50 PM

I feel lucky I gave it up at the last minute. Bancor does not seems to be a profitable project, better to hold my ETH.
I am not sure whether that was a good idea since the project has amazed a record collection for their ICO and it ended in three hours or so,really waiting to see what their price would be since there are many investors in the project,i am able to use MEW ,i am not sure what happened earlier.
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:01:28 PM

Price will surely decrease at a time. Why ? Overvalued ICO and if at least people were making use of the smart tokens that will have stabilized the market. But as i see it only pumps and dumps along hypes and fomo on exchange release
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:33:04 PM

I'm sure the price will decrease. The bubble grew too big and it has to explode soon

Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:28:19 PM

It was truly embarrassing. My first transaction didn't even go through, and my second went through after about 2 hours of being "pending"! I wasn't even using MEW node (at least it gave me errors)!

The team took advantage well though, as they extended the minimum fundraiser time from 1 to 3 hours, and made millions more.

I'm sure the price will decrease. The bubble grew too big and it has to explode soon

The team buys back the tokens at ICO price, so we shouldn't expect it to be under ICO price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: