Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:40:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicehash miner alternatives?  (Read 38427 times)
vxeel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:36:22 AM

I've only used nicehash for the past 4-5 months since I started and I get payouts to a wallet I setup at Coinbase.   To use the NEO miner do I need to setup a desktop wallet or am I still ok to use my coinbase address?  I read a lot that seemed to indicate mining directly to a coinbase wallet isn't a good idea.   Any recommendations on a desktop wallet with that miner or am I ok to mine to my coinbase address?  Also how do payouts work in general with this miner?

Can anyone expand on this? why is it not a good idea to mine directly into a coinbase address?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:04:16 AM

I've only used nicehash for the past 4-5 months since I started and I get payouts to a wallet I setup at Coinbase.   To use the NEO miner do I need to setup a desktop wallet or am I still ok to use my coinbase address?  I read a lot that seemed to indicate mining directly to a coinbase wallet isn't a good idea.   Any recommendations on a desktop wallet with that miner or am I ok to mine to my coinbase address?  Also how do payouts work in general with this miner?

Can anyone expand on this? why is it not a good idea to mine directly into a coinbase address?

With Coinbase, you do not control the private keys. You are taking a counterparty risk by storing your coins there. If the convenience of storing your coins there is worth the counterparty risk to you, then it's perfectly fine to mine direct to Coinbase. If your intention is to sell off you BTC ASAP for fiat and then transfer funds to your bank account, then the counterparty risk is most probably worth it.
MinerPath

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 05:53:15 AM

Since NiceHash is officially down and hacked, I tried some other solutions and WinMiner seems to be a good alternative. The setup is very easy, interface intuitive enough, and most importantly- the profitability seems similar to what I was making with NiceHash.

Also tried Kryptex, but didn't work well in terms of profitability(50% less than NiceHash).

You can find more details about alternatives I found and tested here:
http://minerpath.com/nicehash-alternatives/
vxeel

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:00:57 AM

I've only used nicehash for the past 4-5 months since I started and I get payouts to a wallet I setup at Coinbase.   To use the NEO miner do I need to setup a desktop wallet or am I still ok to use my coinbase address?  I read a lot that seemed to indicate mining directly to a coinbase wallet isn't a good idea.   Any recommendations on a desktop wallet with that miner or am I ok to mine to my coinbase address?  Also how do payouts work in general with this miner?

With Coinbase, you do not control the private keys. You are taking a counterparty risk by storing your coins there. If the convenience of storing your coins there is worth the counterparty risk to you, then it's perfectly fine to mine direct to Coinbase. If your intention is to sell off you BTC ASAP for fiat and then transfer funds to your bank account, then the counterparty risk is most probably worth it.
Thank you very much that makes perfect sense.
If you dont mind may I ask a follow up question since you seem very knowledgable.
What are a few safe places to store coin then where I would have full control?
MinerPath

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:06:07 AM

If you dont mind may I ask a follow up question since you seem very knowledgable.

Hope bones261 won't mind if I try answering this question- desktop and mobile wallet give you full control, and are safer if you keep them safe. Hardware and paper wallet also give you full control, and are even safer. Paper wallet should be the safest wallet out there.
thhm

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:27:50 AM

Since NiceHash is officially down and hacked, I tried some other solutions and WinMiner seems to be a good alternative. The setup is very easy, interface intuitive enough, and most importantly- the profitability seems similar to what I was making with NiceHash.

Also tried Kryptex, but didn't work well in terms of profitability(50% less than NiceHash).

You can find more details about alternatives I found and tested here:
http://minerpath.com/nicehash-alternatives/

Thanks alot! Exactly what i need now. Will try it tonight when i get home. Grin
baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 09:35:04 AM

Why are you using nicehash? Because it has integrated switch between algorithms? or because it gives you payouts in BTC? Whats is the main reason for this?

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
MinerPath

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 01:26:19 PM

Why are you using nicehash? Because it has integrated switch between algorithms? or because it gives you payouts in BTC? Whats is the main reason for this?

For me it's a matter of both, but it boils down to profitability and usability Smiley
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 02:13:52 PM

Hope bones261 won't mind if I try answering this question- desktop and mobile wallet give you full control, and are safer if you keep them safe. Hardware and paper wallet also give you full control, and are even safer. Paper wallet should be the safest wallet out there.

My preference is my Trezor, which is a hardware wallet. Paper wallets are good too, but you must take steps to make sure they are secure. I heard the Ledger Nano hardware wallet is even better than a Trezor.
textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:35:55 PM

Is WinMiner really good at all?

I see people in this thread saying they are getting decent money per day with Winminer.... but WinMiner is very bad for me.

I have an Intel i7-6850k with a Titan Xp.

With Nicehash I was getting $5+ per day ($1+ for CPU and $4+ for GPU).... But with Winminer I am getting less than $3 per day for both CPU and GPU...

Why is Winminer so bad for me?... Also the app seems slow and buggy. Nicehash app (Legacy and the new Nicehash) both run very stable for me, but Winminer feels slow and buggy.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 06:42:20 PM

I see people in this thread saying they are getting decent money per day with Winminer.... but WinMiner is very bad for me.

With Nicehash I was getting $5+ per day ($1+ for CPU and $4+ for GPU).... But with Winminer I am getting less than $3 per day for both CPU and GPU...

Why is Winminer so bad for me?... Also the app seems slow and buggy. Nicehash app (Legacy and the new Nicehash) both run very stable for me, but Winminer feels slow and buggy.

Winminer is buggy as fuck.  Maybe part of it has to do with the surge in use yesterday.  I tested it on a 6 gpu rig last night.  Less profitable than NH was during few hours that I had it running.     

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Sledge0001

Activity: 600
Merit: 152

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

Using WinMiner and appear to be making about 70%-80% of what I was making on NiceHash.

I'll stick with it for now as its pretty easy to setup and hope that NiceHash comes back from the dead soon! Smiley
MinerPath

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

Could be slow and buggy because there were a lot of people coming from NiceHash. And it still is, but I do believe it will be a good enough alternative once they fix their scaling.

Did you always make $5 with NiceHash? Last few days before this disaster my hardware was making $5-8$, but it always fluctuated a lot, same as the price of cryptos.

This morning I was getting 6$/day with Winminer, and ATM I'm getting ~$3.5/day. But mining Monero ATM is not near profitable as this morning and days before...
buddy_miner

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:18:05 AM

Could be slow and buggy because there were a lot of people coming from NiceHash. And it still is, but I do believe it will be a good enough alternative once they fix their scaling.

Did you always make $5 with NiceHash? Last few days before this disaster my hardware was making $5-8$, but it always fluctuated a lot, same as the price of cryptos.

This morning I was getting 6$/day with Winminer, and ATM I'm getting ~$3.5/day. But mining Monero ATM is not near profitable as this morning and days before...

I just registered, and after install the WinMiner software it says that WinMiner Alpha is not accepting new members at the moment.

For now you guys have another alternative ?

Best Regards!
gotminer

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:43:58 AM

I just registered, and after install the WinMiner software it says that WinMiner Alpha is not accepting new members at the moment.

For now you guys have another alternative ?

Best Regards!

Just got my 6 gpu rig mining XMR with XMR-STAK and running stable earlier tonight.  Averaging more than 1800H/s over six cards.  I'm happ(ier) now.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
badfad

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:59:52 AM

Just got my 6 gpu rig mining XMR with XMR-STAK and running stable earlier tonight.  Averaging more than 1800H/s over six cards.  I'm happ(ier) now.
That's quite bad for 6 a card rig, a single vega 56 does more than that.

Is zpool down for anyone else?
tutulfo

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 06:47:54 AM

I recommend you use my software + Ahaspool, as easy as NH, you only need to fill config.txt with your BTC address.

This pool is giving me good profits results, it has autoexchange so you will receive BTC while software automine more profitable coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059039.new#new

https://github.com/tutulino/Megaminer

Megaminer - Multi pool / Multi Algo launcher https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059039.0
BTC: 1AVMHnFgc6SW33cwqrDyy2Fug9CsS8u6TM -------   LTC:  LVwuYbAvbMDVapheQBA7o2qQ2mKTEXVDbX
BCH: 1N7wsg4JmWJLP6BuHUP5rwsAXnQjTWPBjr --------  ETH: 0x9b7A01Bf5bD29c66d228d372B5bD1C43cDb78AcC
gotminer

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:28:00 PM

Just got my 6 gpu rig mining XMR with XMR-STAK and running stable earlier tonight.  Averaging more than 1800H/s over six cards.  I'm happ(ier) now.
That's quite bad for 6 a card rig, a single vega 56 does more than that.

Is zpool down for anyone else?

Sorry, I typed that wrong.  Lack of sleep.  What I meant was my average per card is over 1800H/s.  My total is more like 11500H/s.

textb0ok

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:00:29 PM

This is why I said $5+

I was saying that I was always getting $5 or more.

A lot of times I would get $8 to $10 on just my GPU.

Can someone please help me with NEMOS or MegaMiner?

With NEMOS miner I get....

Code:
Set-Location : Cannot find path 'E:\[COINS]\NemosMiner' because it does not exist.
At E:\[COINS]\NemosMiner\NemosMiner-v2.2.1.ps1:42 char:1
+ Set-Location (Split-Path $script:MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path)
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (E:\[COINS]\NemosMiner:String) [Set-Location], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

Get-ChildItem : Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup' is denied.
At E:\[COINS]\NemosMiner\NemosMiner-v2.2.1.ps1:44 char:1
+ Get-ChildItem . -Recurse | Unblock-File
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (C:\Windows\syst...es\WMI\RtBackup:String) [Get-ChildItem], UnauthorizedAccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DirUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

. : The term '.\Include.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At E:\[COINS]\NemosMiner\NemosMiner-v2.2.1.ps1:50 char:3
+ . .\Include.ps1
+   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (.\Include.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

and MegaMiner just has an overly complicated config.

It seems like the only 2 things that are as easy as Nicehash are WinMiner which is not very good in my opinion.... and Minergate, and after using Nicehash... Minergate feels super annoying to use. The entire Minergate client is not simple at all. Even when I am mining what I want to... the profit is LOW.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:37:23 PM

I have read all the posts and realized that at the moment a decent alternative to nicehash does not exist. This is the answer to those haters who gloat regarding the termination of work nicehash. They have created the best service in the world. I very much hope that they will restore its activity.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: