Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:43:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New miner need help (ethereum)  (Read 702 times)
Slayeras03 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:59:35 PM

Hello all its my first topic in this forum thanks for creating this website because i learned too much about mining ,but still having trouble .

Im planning start mining with 4 gpu, i will try ethereum mining

In my country its very hard and expensive to find rx 480 gpus, so i will seek for rx 570 -or 580 from amazon or local computer stores.

Lets say i got 4x rx 570

i see people says rx 570 makes 25 mh/s rate , then its nearly 100 mh/s

Why im buying 4 x gpu? because i want to try mining with my old pc, its i7 2600k cpu and P8Z68 v pro asus motherboard, its using max 4 gpu

Totally i have
i7 2600k
p8z68 v pro
1.5 tb hdd(1+500 gb) wdc (no ssd)
Water cooler corsair
some chasis fan and one exhaust fan
Xigmatek utgard chasis
1100 w mushkin topower silver supply, its can go 1200 w with peak
now i have gtx 770 but it seems garbage for mining Cheesy

So my questions :
1- How many eth i can mine with 4x gpu 570 or 580?
2- Mod or oc,which one will be safer? i dont wanna burn my gpu's , i rather 1 mh/s lower values instead bringing my gpu's into risk.
3- im currently using poloneix for wallet and buy-sell, i have little amount altcoin, so can i use poloneix for wallet? i mean can i make my system auto-sending coins to poloneix?

thanks for helping and sorry for bad english
Ahead

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:59:38 PM

Hi,
1: www.whattomine.com (fill in your 4 gpus, just select 4x rx470 since the site doesn't have rx5xx series cards yet, your power cost per kwh and hit calculate. Chech the results.
2: don't mod your cards if you don't feel "safe". Just run them at stock bios and play a little with memory clock (for etherium)
3: you can use poloniex, if you plan selling your coins. For long term storage get the local wallets for each coin.

iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

Where are you getting 470s? I thought they were out of production?
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:40:07 PM

That rig you describe would be profitable with ETH continuing to go through the roof. Your ROI in days then would be fully dependent on what you can get your GPUs for. Unfortauntely, right now, there is a world-wide shortage of 580/570s (apparently, AMD & OEMs did not predict the extra demand brought on by altcoin explosion) and 480/470s were discontinued a few months ago upon the release of the 5xx series.  I was lucky enough to get 8 MSI 470's right around that time-frame for a really good price, but when I tried again only a week later to get more, they were either unavailable or 3rd party sellers were marking up 2-3x which I will not pay.  I would say that if you could find any 4xx/5xx for under $300, pull the trigger. Even at that inflated price, you will still ROI reasonably as long as ETH stays at a high $$.

Word of caution, watch out about mixing 4xx & 5xx. I know there have been some major driver issues trying to do this and not sure if they are resolved yet. Here is my recommendation on order to buy in if price is about the same: 470/570/480/580... maybe flip the 570 & 480 but 470 clearly the best all-around for ETH and 580 the worst as it uses way more power with no greater hash-rate vs 480.

Good luck finding these, i pretty much gave up in the US for now as all remaining 470s in the supply chain were bought up in several big shopping sprees where miners went out and bought multiple cart-loads of those suckers! Theres a thread here somewhere with pics... wish i would have had the foresight (and extra $) to do that but its all good.
Slayeras03 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:14:12 AM

That rig you describe would be profitable with ETH continuing to go through the roof. Your ROI in days then would be fully dependent on what you can get your GPUs for. Unfortauntely, right now, there is a world-wide shortage of 580/570s (apparently, AMD & OEMs did not predict the extra demand brought on by altcoin explosion) and 480/470s were discontinued a few months ago upon the release of the 5xx series.  I was lucky enough to get 8 MSI 470's right around that time-frame for a really good price, but when I tried again only a week later to get more, they were either unavailable or 3rd party sellers were marking up 2-3x which I will not pay.  I would say that if you could find any 4xx/5xx for under $300, pull the trigger. Even at that inflated price, you will still ROI reasonably as long as ETH stays at a high $$.

Word of caution, watch out about mixing 4xx & 5xx. I know there have been some major driver issues trying to do this and not sure if they are resolved yet. Here is my recommendation on order to buy in if price is about the same: 470/570/480/580... maybe flip the 570 & 480 but 470 clearly the best all-around for ETH and 580 the worst as it uses way more power with no greater hash-rate vs 480.

Good luck finding these, i pretty much gave up in the US for now as all remaining 470s in the supply chain were bought up in several big shopping sprees where miners went out and bought multiple cart-loads of those suckers! Theres a thread here somewhere with pics... wish i would have had the foresight (and extra $) to do that but its all good.

Thanks for answer, im not sure if i can find 570 or 580, in here second hand gpus are 300 dollar (maybe more) i was thinking about getting them from amazon, didnt try yet but there is some cards i saw on amazon they are sold in good price.

And if you dont missunderstand me and if i may ask, how much profit you getting for per gpu?

i want to evaluate my old parts like p8z68 and high amper psu(1100 w) so i will start with low expenses, only gpu. So what about gtx 1070? i heard gtx 1070 fe can reach 24 mh/s , msi gaming models (unused) are about 350 dollar in here, calculator says 4x gtx 1070 makes 115 mh/s . is gtx 1070 would be worth to mining?

My goal will be 4x gpu to 100 mh/s , if calculators showing true , it means 22 dollar per day 660 dollar per month ,so taking back my gpu money in 2 month

@iamnoobplzhelp  no bro i didnt say 470, im talking about 570 and 580 but they are hard to find too
Slayeras03 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:40:40 AM

Hi,
1: www.whattomine.com (fill in your 4 gpus, just select 4x rx470 since the site doesn't have rx5xx series cards yet, your power cost per kwh and hit calculate. Chech the results.
2: don't mod your cards if you don't feel "safe". Just run them at stock bios and play a little with memory clock (for etherium)
3: you can use poloniex, if you plan selling your coins. For long term storage get the local wallets for each coin.

thanks for answers if this site showing true 100 mh/s profits 22 dollar per day, that makes almost 2 month for refund expenses, i hope i can create my system before ethereum die, but i think we can be mining another altcoins with same gpu's after ethereum dead right?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:59:45 AM

There are allot of coins that can be mined aside from the big boys, Ethereum and ZCash, so if you decide that you like the whole mining scene there are other options that are very viable right now. 

We have some GTX 1070s here that seem to all test at 25.5-26 MH/S on Ethereum using the Nicehash benchmark. If you raise the memory clock on them they should do a bit better then that. They are certainly viable for Eth mining with the current exchange rates. If you buy Nvidia make sure to check out ZCash and all the other Equihash based coins.
Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:46:24 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 07:58:20 AM by Ahead

Where are you getting 470s? I thought they were out of production?

Hi,

I'm not saying to get rx470's (they are out of stock for sure globally, but you can back-order some). I was talking about the whattomine site where you can calculate the profit ( +/- ) you can make with each type of cards. Since their site (system) doesn't have the rx5xx series cards listed (rx570, rx580) you can pretend that you have rx4xx series (rx470, rx480) and get an estimated profit report.

Ahead

IT Solutions Architect

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:57:45 AM

Hi,

thanks for answers if this site showing true 100 mh/s profits 22 dollar per day, that makes almost 2 month for refund expenses, i hope i can create my system before ethereum die, but i think we can be mining another altcoins with same gpu's after ethereum dead right?

Hi,

This site is showing estimate profit calculating the hashing power of your cards, the current difficulty, and the current price. Those values are updated every 5-10 minutes I think.
To get the max of the expected profit, you will need to choose a good pool to mine at, and have your system stable.

Slayeras03 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:09:33 PM

There are allot of coins that can be mined aside from the big boys, Ethereum and ZCash, so if you decide that you like the whole mining scene there are other options that are very viable right now. 

We have some GTX 1070s here that seem to all test at 25.5-26 MH/S on Ethereum using the Nicehash benchmark. If you raise the memory clock on them they should do a bit better then that. They are certainly viable for Eth mining with the current exchange rates. If you buy Nvidia make sure to check out ZCash and all the other Equihash based coins.

someone said ethereum cannot be mined with gtx 1070, is that true?

and i found very cheap gtx 1070 mini(zotac) can i get 25 mh/s with it? its costs lower power and more cheap,also its working cooler and have smaller size, what you guys thinking about mini ITX gtx 1070?

its around 350 dollars
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:48:04 PM

and i found very cheap gtx 1070 mini(zotac) can i get 25 mh/s with it? its costs lower power and more cheap,also its working cooler and have smaller size, what you guys thinking about mini ITX gtx 1070?

its around 350 dollars

You can definitely mine with nVidia cards, they have just had a higher price point and are harder to get up to the same hash rates as AMD cards.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:28:18 AM

its around 350 dollars

You can definitely mine Eth with Nvidia... it's not their specialty, but at current exchange rates it doesn't really matter if they're not quite as efficient.

If by the Zotac Mini you mean this one --- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V5RY5645&cm_re=zotac_1070_mini-_-14-500-408-_-Product --- They do quite well, in fact one of the 3 GTX 1070s I mentioned getting 25.5-26 MH/s mining Eth at stock settings is that exact GPU. The only downside to it is that they are much shorter, so we had to improvise to get it to fit on our open air mining frame.
Slayeras03 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:54:54 AM

its around 350 dollars

You can definitely mine Eth with Nvidia... it's not their specialty, but at current exchange rates it doesn't really matter if they're not quite as efficient.

If by the Zotac Mini you mean this one --- https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V5RY5645&cm_re=zotac_1070_mini-_-14-500-408-_-Product --- They do quite well, in fact one of the 3 GTX 1070s I mentioned getting 25.5-26 MH/s mining Eth at stock settings is that exact GPU. The only downside to it is that they are much shorter, so we had to improvise to get it to fit on our open air mining frame.

yeah also they are 350 dollar and rx 570 second hands are 350 too, and rx cards  are really hard to find so its waste of time, i can take any gtx 1070 whenever i want.So i think im gonna buy gtx 1070, msi gaming x (cheapest) or zotac mini version ,time to select one Smiley but i heard someone burned out his gigabyte mini gtx 1070 but sure its have one fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: