Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:07:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know if the ICO is scam  (Read 4483 times)
EvaGC

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:37:24 PM

Not all ICOs are scam! Don't listen to the haters!

But yes, there are a lot. You should worry about doing as much research as you can to invest proeprly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chifako

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:28:19 PM

I this topic I really would like to thank Spoetnic for his words about ICO
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:40:40 PM

If you must know a scam ico look for the team spearheading the project. Are they willing to go public to tell people about the ico. The response of the community in their chat group and lastly the business model they are trying to implement or tokenize.
weinuogpein0375

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:33:04 AM

You can do some research on the team memebers ot see if they are real person and who thay are if they are real. If they are good enough to make the coins go up Cheesy

Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:05:51 PM

If I want to know if an ICO is a scam I will look out for all their social media activities. I have a huge preference for telegram group because there are lots of ICO that will not have telegram group and still come out that they have an upcoming ICO.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:51:04 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 05:03:12 AM by ruthbabe

Not all ICOs are scam! Don't listen to the haters!

But yes, there are a lot. You should worry about doing as much research as you can to invest proeprly.

Yes, that's true, not all ICOs are SCAM. Only 99 out of every 100 projects are fraud or scam as what hero10 pointed out in this post. Quoted below is the complete text for the benefit of everyone.

Hello, dear investors and everyone who reads this.
Being a developer of smart contracts, I cannot stand aside of the current lawlessness in the ICO market.
Out of every 100 projects 99 is a fraud, or a scam, as we used to call it.
Please, read the following advices as a guide to verification of every ICO:
1. At the start of pre-ICO team should have a contract for automatic assets transfer, that contains a written set of rules for early investors – not on towel, not in the speaking form, but written in the smart-contract.  Otherwise, collected assets can just fall in the pockets of founders, or they can change rules of the game in the middle of act – there are many examples.
2. The contract for pre-ICO should be a part of a bigger contract on ICO and do not be different tokens – it is unsafe form a standpoint of vulnerability and withdrawal of funds.
3. The contract for pre-ICO, and then on ICO should have a lower and upper barrier - if it does not – the team does not know what it wants - just a scam.
4. The contract for ICO should have escrow of the funds, received as a result of placement - it can be a frieze or multiSig with a voting condition. This will give you a guarantee against the expenditure of funds earlier than the team completed the previous stage.
5. The contract should have indisputable return of funds condition, in case of not reaching the lower limit of the collected pool. It is in the contract and not in the white book, if it is not – move on, it’s just a scum.
6. All contracts must be posted on GitHub, this will enable third-party developers to check the contract for the vulnerability, if the team has not taken care and before the ICO has not posted a bounty on the vulnerability.
7. The contract must specify the conditions for the team and for the bounty’s for vulnerability.
8. The contract must specify the conditions for not traded tokens - with clearly defined deadlines.

This post is about having a standard. Everything in the end should have a standard - and together we can achieve it. If you do not invest in teams that do not adhere to basic security standards - they just won’t be able to steal your money.

I hope for a dialogue and a healthy discussion.

Natium

Activity: 378

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:23:45 PM

It is necessary to monitor the team of developers and advisors, their previous experience in this area and in what companies they worked Wink

nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 05:08:03 PM

First of all the best way to get all the information about the ICO is the whitepaper they regenerate so any information about the company is written in there, also one of the main pointers to indicate a fraud is a delayed period of, a lunch in the roadmap
niko_ganteng

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:43:51 AM

in my opinion, why is there an ICO who is a scam, actually it's not a scam in my opinion but because the ICO did not meet the target, the funds they collected from the ICO did not meet their expectations, usually the amount of funds they wanted was printed on the whitepaper. If their ICO is successful, the bounty payment will be accepted, and vice versa if it is not successful, the payment will not be accepted.
joel123

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:16:41 AM

You might want to consider looking up the team behind the project. Many of them already have a reputation, good or bad. If the project you are going to invest in does not have a reliable team behind it, then I would ask that you withdraw from investing in it. In addition, you could also check to see what other people are saying about it, positive or negative. Your findings should also affect your decision.
coinsurver

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:31:58 AM

there are 4 ways you might be able to practice: the team (I'm away from the 2-5man team, it's only risky for me).whitepaper (can really reach it or it just talks a lot). Roadmap, it is always good to know if they have a detailed road map. and current status (whether they still need to start or have a product). maybe my personal experience can inspire you in choosing an ICO.
celuumk

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:26:26 PM

Knowing trick ICOs is exceptionally troublesome yet knowing how to recognize a conceivable trick or pointless ICOs has some approaches to distinguish to specify.
Great ICOs enlists great abundance chiefs like higher positioned discussion individuals like Senior Members or significantly more higher positions. Overseen by Hero and amazing individuals are more probable preferable ICOs over the lower rank individuals like Newbies and junior individuals.
bitcoinpeople2

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:36:48 AM

Check the people behind the coin, make sure that the faces they put are the actual people working on the coin otherwise it is a scam. Also most of the coins that require KYC are scams too.
nokat

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:41:36 AM

It is very difficult to rule out fake ICOs nowadays.They usually present the project with the highest expectation that you will never think of the project being a scam. For now,I take a critical look at the team members and the roadmap of that project to determine if it's is scam.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
S[m]OKE

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:55:00 AM

Personally, I take new awards only from the managers I have already checked, who have already carried out projects, and I received my award

olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:15:51 PM

I trust Mfchain with my ETH investments, as they would truly revolutionize the payment systems by creating a potential for merchant adoption of cryptocurrencies.

Apart from the fact that these guys have got a working product in hand, they've reached their soft cap. And so, the safety net's been knotted. Craig is a straightforward guy, a smart one at that, and he knows his stuff.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: