Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:19:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex is in trouble  (Read 777 times)
Linwood Pitts (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:30:09 PM

They haven't said why withdrawals haven't been allowed in 3 weeks. If there was an innocent explanation then they'd have said it. No public notices since 6/7. And trollbox taken down. My 884 bitcoins are in limbo and I'm scared.  Ive been using bitcoins to buy prostitutes , and when I tried to withdraw a few, they won't go through.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:37:38 PM

My 884 bitcoins are in limbo and I'm scared
You effing idiot.  What are you doing putting so much BTC into a wallet you don't have full control over.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:46:53 PM

You effing idiot.  What are you doing putting so much BTC into a wallet you don't have full control over.

Well he could of just mined ETH for the last 1.5 year to that address and just sold for BTC.
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:53:10 PM

Poloniex is having trouble to some time now and why on earth you will be holding 800 plus coins in an exchange,the risk is really huge and people wont learn even if you hear huge loss stories for keeping their coins in online wallets or exchanges.Good luck getting a reply from Polo team.

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:07:59 PM

You effing idiot.  What are you doing putting so much BTC into a wallet you don't have full control over.

Well he could of just mined ETH for the last 1.5 year to that address and just sold for BTC.

That doesn't matter... As long as he continued mining Eth to a poloniex wallet, having 884 BTC accumulate on poloniex without taking some out is the stupidest thing I've read in a while... for multiple reasons:

1) He doesn't have control of the keys:  All you have is a password protected "account" there and are at the will of poloniex.

2) Even with going through all of the verification processes on poloniex, the max you are able to withdraw per day is $10K in Bitcoin... Obviously you can see where the problems come into play when you have ~900 tokens that represent $2.5K+ per token.  Without verifications, it's $2K per day which is even more problematic

3) It's stupid to keep that much wealth in one wallet regardless... multiple cold wallets, hot wallets, etc. should be considered.  And for god sakes, no web wallets.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 09:10:31 PM

OP is a troll. Why are people even responding?

Argon2

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

OP is scammer. They started this phony "cannot withdraw" lie in the Trollbox and it got shutdown, then they started their own trollbox and repeated the same garbage. Now, desperate they are here. Only these few idiots are complaining because we asked around and all is ok...
Linwood Pitts (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:26:46 PM

OP is scammer. They started this phony "cannot withdraw" lie in the Trollbox and it got shutdown, then they started their own trollbox and repeated the same garbage. Now, desperate they are here. Only these few idiots are complaining because we asked around and all is ok...

You obviously work for poloniex and are combing through message boards to do damage control.    This tells me things are even worse than I thought.  In time polo will have to come out and admit what's going on. Until then, they can go and make more money as long as possible!!
user983613

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:32:12 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 10:50:33 PM by user983613

Argon2, I really hope someone sues you guys.
raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:45:20 PM

Funniiii

Some people with 2 posts come to bash poloniex

U realize polo is the first place people go to buy coins??

NO point talking rubbish from new account

SOme kids wasting all time here

Go drink some juice and play games
 Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: