Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens when ETH is the #1 coin?  (Read 3508 times)
styca (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:08:33 PM

ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

I'd say ICOs would get more feverish too, but these are already pretty insane.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:44:45 PM

I will believe if the more coin will using etehreum as a pair, i mean the price of altcoin will use the ethereum conversation pair. And ethereum will have the same power with bitcoin. But bitcoin still be the main pegged of crypto. A lot of media will make the news about that.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
outsider360

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Whatever Happens happens

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:48:10 PM

They serve different functions they're not really competitors. Ethereum is an open source block chain based distributed computing platform which provides smart contracts, Bitcoin is a peer to peer decentralized currency.

William C. Harris
Coffee2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:07:57 AM

ETH will overtake BTC. Surely this is now inevitable. The way it's going it could be a few days away. At the most a few months, and certainly by the end of the year.

Taking this as a given, what will happen to crypto in general? I expect a fair amount of mainstream articles mentioning how Bitcoin has been surpassed, and how if you'd spent $x on ETH at a certain point, you'd now have millions. I'd expect this in turn to lead to greater mainstream interest in crypto in general, and permanent price jumps across a range of coins.

To  be hinest, I don't like ETH as coin/currency,
the transaction is also slowing down now,
it was about couple second to confirm and it may take 40 seconds or more to confirm.

another thing,
the market is thin,
you can compare it to other coin where the sell and buy is thick,
in other coin, selling nad buying may be more than 1 bitcoin value. in ETH it is not that case.

By the way, I am having eth and I am also top 10 ICO in a big token which using eth.

In general, it is good that crypto having another backbone,.... please also push other crypto coin to be another backbone, trust me, it will be very good.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:16:51 AM

To  be hinest, I don't like ETH as coin/currency,
the transaction is also slowing down now,
it was about couple second to confirm and it may take 40 seconds or more to confirm.

another thing,
the market is thin,
you can compare it to other coin where the sell and buy is thick,
in other coin, selling nad buying may be more than 1 bitcoin value. in ETH it is not that case.

By the way, I am having eth and I am also top 10 ICO in a big token which using eth.

In general, it is good that crypto having another backbone,.... please also push other crypto coin to be another backbone, trust me, it will be very good.

Competition is good for business, right? Like you I also don`t like ETH, there are other coins that I prefer more, but ETH is rising up, and devs there are doing very good job I need to give them credit for that. In price and in many things ETH is right after bitcoin, and I think ETH will stay there for a long time, maybe we will see some turns but not in some near future.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:43:23 AM

for sure many early holders will be happy and those who believes will prosper while those who thinks that it's just a bubble will cry out loud and fud from time to time, its really hard to say since the development and many coins had been develop to use eth platform, let see how this movement will bring eth to number 1.
The Notorious BTC

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 02:39:45 AM

We are starting to see more and more of these threads. And it's usually newer crypto investors that think they hit the jackpot. We'll see what happens.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 03:14:56 AM

as far as marketcap goes it is already number 3 with bitcoin number 2 and another random altcoin on number 1 so it can't happen for a very long time.

as far as price goes, the pump is highly unlikely to be able to bring any altcoin's price as high as bitcoin's and keep it there for long. the high price of bitcoin comes from its vast utilities. ethereum just has one usage and that is for creating new smart contracts which you see them as lots of ICOs and nothing else.

as far as usage goes, many people love to call ethereum a currency whereas it is not and it sucks as being that if you ever try it and it already costs a lot to pay the transaction fees for it.

so in short no, being number 1 requires a lot more features and usefulness which I see ETH lacking.

Only Bitcoin
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:00:38 AM

either a) wont happen b) happens way down the road but only by marketcap.

so if b) does happen who cares. BTC will still be valued wayy higher in $ per coin
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:05:18 AM

either a) wont happen b) happens way down the road but only by marketcap.

so if b) does happen who cares. BTC will still be valued wayy higher in $ per coin

This. I just don't see ETH overtaking Bitcoin in price. Marketcap sure. But the price per coin will not be close for at least a very long time. Eth is growing, that's a given. But I don't see it overtaking bitcoin any time soon.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:33:42 AM

It's not going to happen. Eth is the embodiment of the altcoin bubble waiting to burst. Bitcoin is still the pioneer and clear lead of cryptocurrency. What are banks and governments experimenting with in real life? What currency do exchanges base their markets off of? What do people actually use, more than any other crypto, in real life? Which is the most well known?

Bitcoin is obviously the answer to all of those still. The only thing Eth is used for is to distribute other shitcoins. It's going to die soon. Put your shorts in while you still can.
styca (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:18:56 AM

To clarify, I meant simply ETH overtaking BTC in marketcap, and whether this would generate publicity outside the crypto world, and if so, how this extra publicity would affect crypto in general.
I didn't mean volumes, or anything to do with how ETH and BTC are used.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 05:31:08 AM

not to be rude, for interrupting the thread, but whats ICO ?

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:27:52 AM

Well maybe their will be a Local Exchanger will exchange it directly to fiat aswell as maybe their are more adoption will happen globaly and Price well be more fun to speculate after more years to come on it but its to early to tell that ETH will became a top 1 coin since bitcoins price are more expensive right now and surely more people prefer to used it on their transaction matters.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:37:59 AM

Ethereum might overtake Bitcoin, but that won't last long, bitcoin will react. The crypto world become more competitive day be day with the new money flowing in.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:36:19 AM

not to be rude, for interrupting the thread, but whats ICO ?

It means Initial Coin Offering an unregulated by which funds are raised for a new cryptocurrency venture. Anyways you can research on that through Google.

And regarding the topic, I doubt ETH would be the # 1 coin. I'm a solid bitcoin fan, and I don't think both currencies are comparable.
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:26:28 AM

And regarding the topic, I doubt ETH would be the # 1 coin. I'm a solid bitcoin fan, and I don't think both currencies are comparable.
Indeed that's really ridiculous to see altcoin be a #1 coin in crypto-currency and replace Bitcoin. We should be realistic here to see the fact any altcoin can't replace Bitcoin ever.

Your signature is broken dude.

but whats ICO ?
Initial Coin Offering. You can search it through Google.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:15:58 AM

The worth of ETH (and every other alt) is still measured in BTC and not the other way around and that makes BTC the #1 coin, not the market cap which is actually a pretty random number since the amount of freely available ETH is much smaller than the total supply.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:36:41 AM

Well maybe their will be a Local Exchanger will exchange it directly to fiat aswell as maybe their are more adoption will happen globaly and Price well be more fun to speculate after more years to come on it but its to early to tell that ETH will became a top 1 coin since bitcoins price are more expensive right now and surely more people prefer to used it on their transaction matters.
The problem of bitcoin is UASF. that makes the bitcoin chain gets forked in the future. As you can see the bitcoin must drive the UASF to be succesfully in the future. Or the fork goes wrong and bitcoin turn to the big fail.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Raxitto

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:58:07 AM

Ethereum (ETH) trading volumes have outperformed Bitcoin in the last few hours, according to CoinMarketCap data. Where it is possible to see that ETH moved US $ 1,417 billion in volume compared to Bitcoin's US $ 1,328 billion.
All of this move that leveraged ETH may have a history in the great demand for its Blockchain technology and adoption by large companies, and accompanied a more upbeat price increase compared to the BTC, which increased only 1.62%. The fortunes of most major altcoins were reversed over the weekend, while the bitcoin price itself improved by taking some of the lost ground, which for investors appeared to be the long-awaited bubble awaited, which accelerated last week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: