Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armorydb.exe has stopped - caught StopBlockingLoop in processDataStackThread  (Read 762 times)
tombow (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:35:19 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 06:25:38 AM by tombow

Hi all, I'm having issues getting a new install of Armory to sync without errors, and I'm hoping someone can help me.
I'm new to this wallet, and I'm not particularly PC savy. However, I have done a few searches and tried a few things so far.

As a background, I had to download the bitcoin core (current version) twice due to some technical issues (the HDD I was downloading to was accidently unplugged diring the first download, and wouldn't resycn after that, so I deleted it and redownloaded again successfully.

However, the Armorydb log is showing some errors when I try to start Armory and build database.

This is the db log: https://pastebin.com/FXHGJHaT

and another failed dblog: https://pastebin.com/SvitRgsH

I have tried to delete databases and restart armorydb.exe with --ram-usage=1, but when I do this, I get the below message, then nothing else happens:
C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming/Bitcoin/blocks is not a valid path
logging in C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming/Armory/dbLog.txt
-INFO  - 1497326403: (..\main.cpp:23) Running on 8 threads
-INFO  - 1497326403: (..\main.cpp:24) Ram usage level: 1

This is my Armory.exe text log:
(ERROR) ArmoryUtils.pyc:3747 - Unsupported language  specified. Defaulting to English (en)
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:275 - setSatoshiDir: directory does not exist: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\
(ERROR) BDM.pyc:275 - setSatoshiDir: directory does not exist: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\
(ERROR) ArmoryQt.py:1808 - Failed to start Armory database: Invalid blockdata path
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ArmoryQt.py", line 1793, in startArmoryDBIfNecessary
  File "SDM.pyc", line 368, in spawnDB
BadPath: Invalid blockdata path
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:507 - bitcoind exited, bitcoind STDOUT:
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:509 -
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:510 - bitcoind exited, bitcoind STDERR:
(WARNING) SDM.pyc:512 -

I've also restarted bitcoin core with -rescan command too. Still hasn't made any difference.

I normally wouldn't be too concerned, but like an impatient idiot, I sent BTC to my armory wallet before I actually got the bitcoin blockchain downloaded, and I don't think I'm able to recover my coins without getting Armory working properly?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tombow (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:46:06 AM

I've just uninstalled v0.96.0.0 and installed v0.96.0.2 and restarting now. It hasn't started armorydb.exe though.

If I'm not able to get this working, as I able to import my wallet into another client, to at least access my BTC?
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:23:08 AM

BadPath: Invalid blockdata path

This is your issue, it doesn't know where to look for your block data.

Did you install Core? Have you let it run? Are you trying to use a custom blockchain data path?

tombow (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:02:39 AM

Thanks for the quick follow-up :-)

I have my bitcoin blockchain data on an external HDD (bitcoin core is synced to it) and I've also directed Armory to that folder on my HDD for the data directory.

I've done another completely fresh install, and set priority in the task manager to realtime for Armoryqt, Armorydb and bitcoinind, and so far it's "Building Database" at 90% with 5 mins to go.

If this doesn't work, I'll move the blockchain data over to the standard directory on my C:/, resync bitcoin core to the default location and then try a fresh install of Armory 0.96.0.2
tombow (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:30:20 AM

It hung at 90% for about 45minutes, so I've restarted armory again.  Undecided
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

Show your log files in full. Use pastebin.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:07:22 AM

If you are having stability issues, you want to use this:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96.0.3-testing

Bootstrap the DB like this:

1) Delete the content of C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases. Don't delete the folder, the DB won't create it for you, just empty its content

2) Don't run Bitcoin at all. Open your command line prompt (type cmd in the search bar), cd to the Armory binary folder, and type ArmoryDB.exe in there. This will run the DB on its own. Let it build. Once it is done, it should tell you something like "Enabling zero conf parsing".

3) With the DB still running and the build phase over, start ArmoryQt. This will send the DB in its scan phase.

4) Once that's done you should be done with the hard part. You can shut all that stuff down, start your node and let it catch up, then start Armory the regular way.

kiltannen

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:28:45 PM

If you are having stability issues, you want to use this:

https://github.com/goatpig/BitcoinArmory/releases/tag/v0.96.0.3-testing

I was having stability challenges (And mildly freaking out)  I tried the Bootstrap method first.  No Joy.  Tried the newer version after that.  Took a while - but it then worked.

I have a question - do I still need to be running BitcoinCore while I am running this version?

It seems to say I am online and connected even without it running.  Does this version not require it?
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:35:30 PM

You can't see the newest blocks if you don't run your node.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: