Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:37:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is about to take over Bitcoin  (Read 4138 times)
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:51:43 AM

The marketcap is moving closer to Bitcoin's, the price is going up like never before. Lets give ETH some time, I can see that is about to bury Bitcoin.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:55:03 AM

This might happen but will be for a very short amount of time. There is a huge discussion going on about the possibilities of a huge crash on ethereum due to the fact that ico's will have to sell at some time to pay their developers. Still it might be long time away from now.
sosobtc-Regina

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:02:26 AM

I don't think eth will take over btc even though its market cap suspass btc.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:02:42 AM

Agree, it won't be forever, not this time at least.  In the long term they also have an issue with their blockchain which is far larger than bitcoin's, https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-blockchain-bloat-could-reach-1tb-in-2017

WallSinger

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Blocklancer Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:05:12 AM

I agree, it will take many years before it can actually happen....

befrank

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:10:35 AM

It will overtake BTC. The traffic is already higher than BTC. If it will stay that way is something that is impossible to predict. It is actually important that something like this happens. It will give some media exposure. The altcoinindustry is not really known by the bigger population. Media exposure could bring in more people. The more people are participating the better the technology can become.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:11:16 AM

The marketcap is moving closer to Bitcoin's, the price is going up like never before. Lets give ETH some time, I can see that is about to bury Bitcoin.

I don't think it's gonig to happen. Remember that Ethereum is still a few billion dollars away from bitcoin and bitcoin's price is currently recovering again, whilst Ethereum's price is adjusting down. It is very likely that $400 apiece is the ATH for Ethereum and it stays that way.

Agree, it won't be forever, not this time at least.  In the long term they also have an issue with their blockchain which is far larger than bitcoin's, https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-blockchain-bloat-could-reach-1tb-in-2017

Indeed. I don't get why people think that Ethereum is a better solution than bitcoin when its got so many problems itself. Vitalik is actually spreading FUD on twitter about directory.io and making people think that that site is the bitcoin killer. If the founder can create a new blockchain and reset transactions, whats the point of even having this coin? Just use paypal.
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:19:15 AM

This might happen but will be for a very short amount of time. There is a huge discussion going on about the possibilities of a huge crash on ethereum due to the fact that ico's will have to sell at some time to pay their developers. Still it might be long time away from now.
It might crash, that is possible and that is how the market goes but I have feeling that it will go big after the recovery

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:22:33 AM

Just wait and see, the only reason you are saying that is because Bitcoin is older than ETH, say the same thing a year later or two

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:24:17 AM

I agree, it will take many years before it can actually happen....
Not necessarily many years, it might happen in two years time

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:25:23 AM

You never know what is th next milestone for bitcoin, may be after 2 years bitcoin's price is 6k to 7k $. Eth is going good but it takes too much time to take over bitcoin.
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:27:22 AM

It will overtake BTC. The traffic is already higher than BTC. If it will stay that way is something that is impossible to predict. It is actually important that something like this happens. It will give some media exposure. The altcoinindustry is not really known by the bigger population. Media exposure could bring in more people. The more people are participating the better the technology can become.
Well said, Bitcoin is been around long enough, its about time altcoins take over

krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:29:14 AM

Flippening is happening. Ethereum might surpass bitcoins cap, but precisely what is fuelling ETH price? ICOs. A large number of ETH is getting locked up because of ICOs and thus causing a reduction in supply. ETH would be sailing smoothly until some ICOs fail to deliver and then there would be a substantial crash in Ether's price.

Limited supply, security, store of value, settlement system, even if Ethereum gets past bitcoin it still lacks these. So it would not be a concern for the people who have invested in bitcoins. ICOs are what Ethereum has to depend on to propel it's growth, a couple of fuck ups and price comes crashing down. Bitcoin on the other hand is growing rapidly and widely getting accepted as digital gold and payment system. Ethereum has its own advantages, no doubt about that, but as a digital currency it would not be able to compete with bitcoin.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:34:42 AM

It's just the people hypeing the market and pumping the coins but I don't think ethereum will ever surpass bitcoin. Many ICOs are now using eth and I think that is one reason why the prise suddenly rise like this and at the moment, eth is also a good choice to use since bitcoin is
painly too slow.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

Yeah sure, of course it is about to take over Bitcoin Cheesy

Kid, go make your homework, enough internet for you today. It's not even funny. It's ridiculous.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
HardFireMiner

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:47:01 AM

Flippening is happening. Ethereum might surpass bitcoins cap, but precisely what is fuelling ETH price? ICOs. A large number of ETH is getting locked up because of ICOs and thus causing a reduction in supply. ETH would be sailing smoothly until some ICOs fail to deliver and then there would be a substantial crash in Ether's price.

Limited supply, security, store of value, settlement system, even if Ethereum gets past bitcoin it still lacks these. So it would not be a concern for the people who have invested in bitcoins. ICOs are what Ethereum has to depend on to propel it's growth, a couple of fuck ups and price comes crashing down. Bitcoin on the other hand is growing rapidly and widely getting accepted as digital gold and payment system. Ethereum has its own advantages, no doubt about that, but as a digital currency it would not be able to compete with bitcoin.

^^^^^^^
Right Words

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
oscil8

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:47:22 AM

buy the end of this month Cheesy I believe
HardFireMiner

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:52:31 AM

buy the end of this month Cheesy I believe
Correct, a few ICO's will crash by that time, but before that Vitalik will cash up to bitcoin 1-5%(pure speculation, sorry to disappoint you, but I also don't know the future Cheesy ) of his ETH (700.000 - 3.500.000 ETH), crashing the price.

By the way, Vitalik's name is a pseudonym. I don't know his real name, though.

tostr

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:07:30 AM

Cheesy ICO Era coming... so all in ETH and some coin help ICO
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:28:26 AM

Its price is rising just because of icos. It doesn't make sense even if pass bitcoin in terms of market cap. It's market cap can easiliy melt but Bitcoin's market cap made up of stone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: