Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:18:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to buy LTC  (Read 1500 times)
Dlcoates1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:28:25 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 04:45:57 AM by Dlcoates1

Looking to buy 2 - 3 LTC through paypal.
Paying $3.65 for each. (About 3-4 cents more than current price according to BTC-E)

PM me if interested for LTC payment address.

Edit due to concerns: Payment will be made as a gift stating that it is a non refundable or disputable transaction.
MoneyCoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

Would stongly advise against using paypal...
xschris

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:02:22 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?

I was actually slightly interested but will probably do LTC to BTC
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:04:44 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?

The basic scam is that the buyer disputes the transaction, and they get their money back and they keep the LTC/BTC.

There are some twists to the scenario (such as the buyer paying as a gift), but either way it can end with someone losing their money.

The topic has been discussed a lot. See if you can find threads with more detail.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
xschris

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:17:45 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?

The basic scam is that the buyer disputes the transaction, and they get their money back and they keep the LTC/BTC.

There are some twists to the scenario (such as the buyer paying as a gift), but either way it can end with someone losing their money.

The topic has been discussed a lot. See if you can find threads with more detail.
Ah thats what I figured, thanks.
youjiage

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:28:02 AM

LOKKING LTC
harrysown

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:29:17 AM

You can buy em on ebay as well as far as i know. Through paypal ofc.
Dlcoates1 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?

Paypal gift transactions along with a note saying I will not ask for a refund, can't be disputed. Since prices for LTC may go up, I figured I would buy a few now and possibly cash out later on. I run a gaming community, and I could use some extra income to help pay for my servers.

You can buy em on ebay as well as far as i know. Through paypal ofc.
Sellers on ebay are charging anywhere from $5 - $10 for 1 ltc. Current price as I type this is $3.54 per LTC. Why Pay More?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3247

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:47:41 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?
Paypal gift transactions along with a note saying I will not ask for a refund, can't be disputed.

The issue is complicated and the scammers know the ins and outs better than anyone. That is why people advise against buying or selling coins with Paypal.

Anyway, the easiest way to buy LTC in the U.S. is this: buy BTC using some service like BitInstant or Coinbase. Then buy LTC with the BTC on the BTC-e exchange.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Dlcoates1 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:52:50 AM

Whats wrong with paypal?
Paypal gift transactions along with a note saying I will not ask for a refund, can't be disputed.

The issue is complicated and the scammers know the ins and outs better than anyone. That is why people advise against buying or selling coins with Paypal.

Anyway, the easiest way to buy LTC in the U.S. is this: buy BTC using some service like BitInstant or Coinbase. Then buy LTC with the BTC on the BTC-e exchange.

I read into this, and attempted this method, but I run into problems. According to BitInstant, they used to do bank transfers, but all I can see on their sites is cash deposits through cvs, walmart, etc. and unfortunately, this does not work and takes more time.

EDIT: Attempting to use Coinbase. Although, I am not too fond of having to link a bank account, but since it is pretty much the only way, I guess I will have to grin and bear it.
jasondrey13

Activity: 42
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:26:21 AM

Paying $3.65 for each. (About 3-4 cents more than current price according to BTC-E)

Edit due to concerns: Payment will be made as a gift stating that it is a non refundable or disputable transaction.

Why Litecoin rather than Bitcoin?
Dlcoates1 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 05:45:35 AM

Why Litecoin rather than Bitcoin?

After watching bitcoin, and litecoin the past 8 hours, I noticed bitcoin is starting on a pattern. It lowers, then eventually raises, but right now it seems to be lowering quiet a bit (price for 1 BTC down over $100 in the passed few months) while litecoin is on a steady increase with a few slight drops here and there. And considering it is currently the #2 cryptocurrency and is expected to raise in price very soon, I figured I would buy a few while the batch is fresh.
sli

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:09:10 AM

I'm feeling the same way. I wish I'd bought some Bitcoins back when they were fresh. LTC may or may not take off like BTC has, but it couldn't hurt to have a few of them just in case.
jasondrey13

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:11:16 AM

I'm feeling the same way. I wish I'd bought some Bitcoins back when they were fresh. LTC may or may not take off like BTC has, but it couldn't hurt to have a few of them just in case.

Fundamentally, crypto-currencies should be valued by their user base, so Litecoin would only take off with an increase in user base. Though, we may see a significant increase in user base with none ASIC miners moving to Litecoin.
kirk46

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:24:40 AM

i have LTC you can buy....

as long as you pay via a gift and write a note saying you will not request a refund will be happy to trade Smiley
jasondrey13

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:47:23 AM

as long as you pay via a gift and write a note saying you will not request a refund will be happy to trade Smiley

Is that actually safe? Paying via gift?
kirk46

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:03:15 AM

Is that actually safe? Paying via gift?

i dont rip people off

i have sold BTC and LTC on ebay

Price is $3.6 now.... id want $3.75 Smiley
TrainWrekdBarbie

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:22:25 AM

I pay with Paypal sometimes and I have received Paypal payments.  If someone sends it as a gift, they can't dispute the charge.  They probably have to say their acct was hacked or something and that is a lot of trouble. I'm sure people might do it for 1 or 2btc but not for $5.
issue9mm

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Paypal gift transactions along with a note saying I will not ask for a refund, can't be disputed. Since prices for LTC may go up, I figured I would buy a few now and possibly cash out later on. I run a gaming community, and I could use some extra income to help pay for my servers.

As was stated, there's nothing to ensure that the seller sends the coins though. 

Like odolvlobo said, there's just no way using Paypal to ensure fairness on both sides.
CouragedOne

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:29:05 AM

I pay with Paypal sometimes and I have received Paypal payments.  If someone sends it as a gift, they can't dispute the charge.  They probably have to say their acct was hacked or something and that is a lot of trouble. I'm sure people might do it for 1 or 2btc but not for $5.
I currently am a top seller on ebay.. Been for a while.. People can always dispute a gifted payment.. They call paypal and say its an "unauthorized charge" and crappy GayPal sides with them.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: