Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can/will the ethereum blockchain get overloaded?  (Read 492 times)
adhitthana (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:36:08 AM

Can/will the ethereum blockchain get overloaded?

I see this claim from time to time. Some say that with all the new tokens using ethereum the blockchain could/will get overloaded/bloated
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 10:47:00 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 11:43:27 AM by benthach

i will just post this link from someone post earlier
https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-blockchain-bloat-could-reach-1tb-in-2017

if someone want to have eth wallet soon they will need a 5tb drive to store them all, or use an unsafe third party/lite client and experiencing what Bancor did, everyone rushing to the same door and it clogged, this would spill to Eth network itself. they already drag and brag about Casper network but will never happen, basically eth network and scaling is a messed. people will now just riding on a floating balloon hype, another ddos attack and this crap will fork again. LOL

people think there is a big world with this eth but in reality it is just a small room with clogged contents, and the casper will never come to help.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
jd8511

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:01:15 PM

Can/will the ethereum blockchain get overloaded?

I see this claim from time to time. Some say that with all the new tokens using ethereum the blockchain could/will get overloaded/bloated

Yeah, I heard it too. Someone generated a lot of spam transactions to prevent other people's ICO transactions.

Pfizer

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 04:10:20 PM

Nice question. Bitcoin blockchain is very busy and slow as you guys know. The reason is that there are tons of fake transaction to slown btc blockchain down. If the same applies to the ethereum blockchain, it will get overloaded for sure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: