Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:30:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Paper Wallet Kit for safe offline coin storage, NOW TAKING ORDERS  (Read 1454 times)
aantonop (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:21:34 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2013, 05:03:23 AM by aantonop

Background of this project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155847.0;all

Tomorrow I will be placing the first order for either 4,000 or 8,000 paper wallet prints, using 75RTUGA's design (my favorite choice and the one I think will sell easily, not for any other reason).

I will be offering re-seller kits at cost, enough materials to prepare and sell 25 paper wallet kits (40 wallets each).

This is the only time that these reseller kits will be available at cost, at about $450 + shipping, as you will be partaking in some of the risk which is inherent with an unsold product before the first print.

I have 2 resellers interested, can support up to 4 resellers in this run. If I get 4 resellers, I will do the larger run and the cost will be reduced by about 15%. If not, I will do the smaller run.

The reseller kits will be priced at either $500 or $550 for 25 kits, immediately after the first print run is complete, the regular re-seller price.

Each wallet kit will retail between $25 and $40 depending on demand and production costs, with a profit of about 10%-45%.

A reseller can buy at $18 and sell for $25 minimum retail, for a profit of $7 per kit, or 38%.

Anyone who pre-orders a paper wallet kit (40 wallets, 10 sheet) in the next 5 days will get it at cost  (~$18) + shipping, no profit for me. Just let me know before the 5 days are up and I will lock in your pre-order price.

Thank you all for making this open project work,

Now, let's make and sell some paper wallets!

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
acorn

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

I make pretty things.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 04:29:18 PM

Awesome, very excited to see this project moving forward. Thanks aantonop for all the hard work that it has taken to make all this progress. Cheers!  Cheesy
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 09:13:15 AM

Pre-order here, delivery some time in the next two weeks, depending on the printer's delivery schedule:

http://safepaperwallet.openbtcshop.com/

If you have emailed me I have counted your kit in the pre-order limit, use the store for easier ordering and payment.

Full launch on Monday May 20th, after the bitcoin 2013 conference. I will also have some samples and discount coupons at the conference (not as good price as pre-order discount, but discounted 20% off full price)

I will continue to take pre-orders until the opening of the show on May 17th, if I still have supplies.

Thanks to all the people who have sent in orders!

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:03:05 PM

SOLD OUT in 4 days. Thank you!

New orders will be accepted on May 19th, with the official launch.

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:05:00 PM

I am a fan of the entire design except for the font.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
aantonop (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

I am a fan of the entire design except for the font.

Mike, I am a fan of.. YOU. Your business is a shinning example in the bitcoin universe and your integrity is legendary!

I will be launching 3 more designs with the next print order, once I have the basic product features fully tested with customers.

Thank you so much for all you have done, and for commenting on my little project ;-)

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:20:56 PM

Thanks, it really does look great. Especially if it could be printed with some exotic ink as spot colors rather than regular cmyk printing.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: