Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: YoBit legit?  (Read 864 times)
Two4D2 (OP)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

Just a quick question...so far I have been using poloniex but some pretty cool coins on YoBit...is that exchange legit?
defaultking

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 05:56:26 PM

As far as I know, but most of the coins on there are trash coins. Be careful when investing because people will pump coins until others start to buy and then dump them for a small profit. At least that's what they will attempt to do.
Marsipos

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:59:46 PM

YoBit is not the best exchange, but they have proven to be reliable, sometimes. Just an advice, NEVER invest in a crypto-currency which is on YoBit but not on Poloniex or Bittrex !
Drowzy

Activity: 149

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:07:27 PM

Be careful with Yobit. Their wallets are sometimes in maintenance mode other times they connect to the wrong blockchain. I have seen people buy coins on Yobit and attempt to transfer them to their wallets only to find out that the chain was forked or an old chain that was never upgraded. What happens is your coins are lost and you're basically fucked since yoshit will not update their coin daemons.

I think its run by some basement dweller out of his home in Russia and he's just too lazy to keep up maintenance.

Use at your own risk.

Bigzilla

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:38:27 PM

Be careful with Yobit. Their wallets are sometimes in maintenance mode other times they connect to the wrong blockchain. I have seen people buy coins on Yobit and attempt to transfer them to their wallets only to find out that the chain was forked or an old chain that was never upgraded. What happens is your coins are lost and you're basically fucked since yoshit will not update their coin daemons.

I think its run by some basement dweller out of his home in Russia and he's just too lazy to keep up maintenance.

Use at your own risk.

Stay away from Yobit. That shit happened to me. I bought some coins and found out it was under maintenance. No response from support after weeks. Luckily someone bought from me. 
psychosis7

Activity: 84

severe mental disorder

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:52:11 PM

Last year I bought a whole bunch of TEK coin. Well, like the poster above stated. The wallet was in maintenance for months and still is. someone else bought my coins at a loss. oh well, live and learn.

I'll trade on any exchange but not yobit.

ZENIgroup

Activity: 66

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 07:13:41 PM

What do you consider "legit"?

Many people complain about YoBit for foolish reasons.

YoBit have been growing a lot over the years and there are many people who love what they do.

It really depends on what you are trying to do with your coin activities.

Never had a problem with them ever here.

http://zennies.org - Zennies Ambassadorship
http://zeni.zone - Zennies info
http://zenigames.com - Molbile Games Arcade
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:28:05 PM

I would recommend Yobit ONLY for the purpose of introducing yourself to crypto trading. I would use very small amounts (like $100 in BTC max) and only until you get your bearings and understand how trading works. If your already set up on polo, I would absolutely not recommend diverting funds into yobit.
HanSchultz

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:11:09 PM

Just a quick question...so far I have been using poloniex but some pretty cool coins on YoBit...is that exchange legit?
Yobit has all the coins in existence and yes it is a legit site but some the coins listed are just scam coins which are used mainly to pump and dump,so be careful when dealing with those coins.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:12:24 PM

Yobit is currently operational and somehow legit.

The downside is, cool coins you are talking about are sometimes dead. Unlike in other exchanges, Yobit is full of shit ICO and they are not delisting those. It will stayed forever in their list which is a bad idea since it was already crowded. And their support is really poor. For this kind of statement and for other's as well I think you can now have an idea on what to do. Still want to continue your plan on using Yobit exchange?
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1115

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:48:16 PM

Yes, it's legit, but I would avoid trading scamcoins with easy profit claim, most of time those are pump and dump schemes.

Just use Yobit to introduce yourself in altcoins trading, period.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:09:04 AM

My only issue with Yobit is the number of coins with wallet in maintenance mode.
Always check the wallet status of random coins before you invest too much because unless the developer contacts support it may not be fixed for a long time.

I've moved several bitcoins worth of money to and from Yobit in the last couple months.
I have also been part of their signature campaign for almost a year and never had one issue with the site.

You can actually make a lot of money since there are always big gains on random coins getting pumped.

cybernetus

Activity: 137

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 12:15:19 AM

I like Yobit. I don't have any problems with the exchange and all of my withdraws are processed.
Bu, Yobit has a big problem with wallets. Many are in maintenance.

And a tip. Invest in coins are on polloniex and other big exchanges, for secure your investments.

Other good thing is make money in random pumps Smiley

Yobit is good but ... it's only the beggining to introduce you in trading Smiley
bustomi

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:31:30 AM

We know yobit is one of the best trading platform, but if the fee is to high, i consider to not chose yobit cause there are still many trading platform like polo or bittrex
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:34:41 AM

If you are just starting and wants to practice how the pump and dump group works then i can say you can use this platform since that there's a lots of alts which has been listed their and the group played well just need an extra precaution and never to trust the trollbox to avaoid big loses.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 01:43:42 AM

Yes. Yobit is legit. Every now and then they will put some coins wallet into maintenance and you'll have to contact support to get it fixed. But, they usually get them back up and running after being told about the issues. But, I have been using yobit for a while and have not had any issues whatsoever with them. I've been told it's hard to get support from their site these days, but haven't had to use it since they've grown so big. So I have no opinion on that.
Two4D2 (OP)

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 06:17:13 PM

Wow thanks for all the replies Smiley I was thinking of using it just to buy some really cheap coins...as I seen them getting pumped a ton of %...Where at polo all coins are active and cat get pumped that much. But there are so many different listed at YoBit that its hard to know what will get pumped..
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 01:59:23 AM

Look for coins with low price that continually have small volume.
This usually means someone is buying to pump at some point. It might not be for weeks or months or it might never happen...

XVS Verge might be a decent investment at 24 satoshi current price.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1857156.0
I see the dev is pretty active and they already created a Blackjack game, kind of impressive for a new coin.
It might go somewhere and it got pumped a couple weeks ago so it will probably pump again at some point.

Just remember that if someone is spamming a coin in the trollbox they are probably already dumping their coins.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:55:14 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 07:00:33 AM by hase0278

I have used yobit in the past and all I can say is that yobit is legit, it can be a good platform in trading too, it is very easy to use at least before 2016 and after July 2016 I have never visited their site again since I stopped trading in their platform. Their site is somewhat unreliable when you want to buy some altcoins because many wallets are in maintenance, or with an outdated version so don't buy there if you will not hold the particular coin there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: